Triggered Spell Help

educator

Reaction score
well, im having trouble getting my spell to work properly this is what iv got
screenshot.2.jpeg
the part that isnt working is that it wont wait for the caster to get to the target to do the damage other times that iv changed it the damage wont happen. can someone help me plz

Jedi

Reaction score
Remove that if
Trigger:
  • Wait until (((bc_caster is alive) Equal to True) and ((Distance between (Position of bc_caster) and (Position of bc_tagunit)) Less than or equal to 135.00)), checking every 0.10 seconds

Is your trigger disabled ? :p

Bankde

Reaction score
And use Wc3 instead of images.

not sure how

Here is how to show the trigger in text instead of image. (Will be much easier to see and help)

Trigger Problems
Use WC3 Tags. Don't know how? When you have a trigger, look at the Events icon in the trigger editor. See the name of the trigger right above it? Right-click. Select Copy As Text, then paste into your thread. Put the [ WC3 ] tag at the beginning of the trigger, and put the [ /WC3 ] tag at the end. If you are posting in the JASS Zone, there are similar tags for JASS. They work like this: [ JASS ][ /JASS ].

educator

Reaction score
Remove that if

Trigger:
Wait until (((bc_caster is alive) Equal to True) and ((Distance between (Position of bc_caster) and (Position of bc_tagunit)) Less than or equal to 135.00)), checking every 0.10 seconds
can this be explained im not sure i get it
Trigger:
  • Wait until (((bc_caster is alive) Equal to True) and ((Distance between (Position of bc_caster) and (Position of bc_tagunit)) Less than or equal to 135.00)), checking every 0.10 seconds
is this right, its still not working and it is enabled. the base spell is "channel"

and also
Here is how to show the trigger in text instead of image. (Will be much easier to see and help)

Trigger Problems
Use WC3 Tags. Don't know how? When you have a trigger, look at the Events icon in the trigger editor. See the name of the trigger right above it? Right-click. Select Copy As Text, then paste into your thread. Put the [ WC3 ] tag at the beginning of the trigger, and put the [ /WC3 ] tag at the end. If you are posting in the JASS Zone, there are similar tags for JASS. They work like this: [ JASS ][ /JASS ].
thanx it helped

this thread still hasn't been anwered.
if what i have can't be fixed can someone show me a spell that : cuases the casting unit to have increased speed 45% evasion and move to the target unit, when it reaches the target it attacks dealing 75 damage

Bankde

Reaction score
Just my idea : There's the function "order unit to ..." I'm not sure that if player control the unit, the unit will stop and will stop the trigger. Just like the first skill of Barathrum in Dota, you charge the skill then trigger will order unit to atk unit but if you control the unit, the trigger will stop.

Endless_Trev

Reaction score
This is my suggestion. Remove that if/then/else section from that trigger, and use 3 more triggers. One trigger than you turn on in your trigger, it is a periodic trigger than orders the casting unit to attack the target unit. This is only necessary if you want the caster to not be able to cancel it. Otherwise fine, leave it out. The bit you want to fix can be done by a simple couple of triggers. Have one run on map initialization (or time elapsed is 0.01 seconds, which I prefer) that adds to a second trigger the event - bc_caster comes within 135 range of bc_tagunit. The only reason you have to use trigger - add event is because you cannot use user defined globals in certain events, such as 'within range of unit'. Anyway, move your damage and attack animation trigger to the trigger you use as a basis for the added event. Should be done. If that doesnt make any sense I spose I can clarify but I think you should understand that, depending on your knowledge of the wc3 editor.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Just activate the trigger it is deactivated...
Also
change the event to "Unit Starts the Effect of an Ability"

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.