Troll Headhunter/Troll Berserker problem

retupmoc258

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to clone the Troll Berserker into a Hero unit? I am struggling to get this to work properly. The Troll Berserker is essentially a clone of the Troll Headhunter and the only difference I can find in the art settings is the string "alternate" attached to three different values. The model file is considered the exact same. If I copy all of these differences from the Troll Berserker to a hero unit, the alternate model does not appear (or in other words it always looks like the Troll Headhunter instead of the Troll Berserker). Any suggestions? Ideas? Does anyone just have the model for the Berserker separated or know where to find it?

And of course it would be much easier if someone knew how to make clones of units into Heroes. I'm surprised they haven't invented some kind of JASS scripted program and/or feature to NewGen that allows that.

Durandal

Reaction score
I'm a bit puzzled as to what your trying to do, what do you mean 'clone' a unit into a hero

Why not just make a hero, change the model to that of a troll berserker's and give him fitting abilities?

retupmoc258

Reaction score
I'm a bit puzzled as to what your trying to do, what do you mean 'clone' a unit into a hero

Why not just make a hero, change the model to that of a troll berserker's and give him fitting abilities?

That's exactly what I'm trying to do. Unfortunately copying all the stats doesn't work. I've even tried saving it and re-opening the program, but nothing has changed. I can edit the Troll Berserker's art properties and see his alternate model appear and disappear just by putting in one or taking out one of the strings that says "alternate" yet for some reason if I copy everything from his file to a hero unit, the alternate model never appears, even if I have copied the "alternate" strings.

Durandal

Reaction score
Just do 'alternate' in

Required Animation Names

Required Link Names

Required Bone Names

Oh, you knew that, sorry

So let me make sure I understand, your trying to make a hero, that looks like the troll berserker right?

hat's exactly what I'm trying to do. Unfortunately copying all the stats doesn't work. I've even tried saving it and re-opening the program, but nothing has changed. I can edit the Troll Berserker's art properties and see his alternate model appear and disappear just by putting in one or taking out one of the strings that says "alternate" yet for some reason if I copy everything from his file to a hero unit, the alternate model never appears, even if I have copied the "alternate" strings.

Make sure he has the headhunter model, then switch to the alternate form, then you'll have to build stats and abilities from the ground up

retupmoc258

Reaction score
Yes, I have done that. I have tried it twice. I can copy the Troll Berserker and it goes just fine. But if I set a hero with the Troll Headhunter model, it shows up as a Troll Headhunter. Then when I put in the tags "alternate" in the required places, it never shows up. Unless you somehow got it to work . . . I never have. Are you able to get it to work?

retupmoc258

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Troll Berserker model

I have tried to create a Troll Berserker hero. I know it uses the same model file as the Troll Headhunter. However, whenever I put in the Troll Headhunter model and then put in the "alternate" tags that usually make the Troll Berserker show up, it doesn't work. I can copy the Troll Berserker and get a new unit with the same model, but I can't transfer the model file into a hero unit and make it look like the troll Berserker. Any suggestions?

retupmoc258

Reaction score
use this units'\orc\HeadHunter\HeadHunter_V1.mdl'
add the _V1
AND set the required animation/attachment/bone name to alternate
all 4 changes .

I know that isn't quite what you sent, but essentially it is. But thanks. Why does this work? I don't really understand where the problem originates from (Maybe in case I run into this again).

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
For whatever reason, the model used by the berserker by default doesn't actually have the alternate animations - it's not the file with "_V1" (which, by the way, is the model if you reselect it from the list of unit models).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.