Two questions (About MUI and Thunder clamp)

Smilis

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hello everyone :)
I have two questions... one question about a trigger I made (If it is MUI and leakfree) and one about Thunder Clamp...

Question 1: Thunder Clamp

Is there anyway you can use thunder clamp without the casting time? I have set the castingtime to 0, but it still take some time to "cast" it...

Question 2: Is this trigger leakfree and MUI? :)

As the question sais, is it free from leaks and is it MUI? :)

Trigger:
  • Thunder Blast
    • Events
      • Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Thunder Blast for GDD_DamageSource) Not equal to 0
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ThunderBlast_Check[(Player number of (Owner of GDD_DamageSource))] Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Special Effect - Destroy ThunderBlast_Effect[(Player number of (Owner of GDD_DamageSource))]
          • Set ThunderBlast_Check[(Player number of (Owner of GDD_DamageSource))] = False
          • Unit - Create 1 Shade for (Owner of GDD_DamageSource) at (Position of GDD_DamagedUnit) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Thunder Blast damage to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Thunder Blast damage for (Last created unit) to (Level of Thunder Blast for GDD_DamageSource)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap
          • Unit - Add a 0.75 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • ThunderBlast[(Player number of (Owner of GDD_DamageSource))] Greater than or equal to (8 - (Level of Thunder Blast for GDD_DamageSource))
            • Then - Actions
              • Set ThunderBlast[(Player number of (Owner of GDD_DamageSource))] = 0
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of GDD_DamageSource using Abilities\Weapons\FarseerMissile\FarseerMissile.mdl
              • Set ThunderBlast_Effect[(Player number of (Owner of GDD_DamageSource))] = (Last created special effect)
              • Set ThunderBlast_Check[(Player number of (Owner of GDD_DamageSource))] = True
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String(ThunderBlast[(Player number of (Owner of GDD_DamageSource))]))
            • Else - Actions
              • Set ThunderBlast[(Player number of (Owner of GDD_DamageSource))] = (ThunderBlast[(Player number of (Owner of GDD_DamageSource))] + 1)
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String(ThunderBlast[(Player number of (Owner of GDD_DamageSource))]))

thanks if you can help.. :)

Kling[o]

Reaction score
Question 1: Thunder Clamp

Is there anyway you can use thunder clamp without the casting time? I have set the castingtime to 0, but it still take some time to "cast" it...

you need to create a custom thunder clap using channel ability plus trigger.

Question 2: Is this trigger leakfree and MUI?

As the question sais, is it free from leaks and is it MUI?

This is MUI cause it's instant trigger. Altough , it leak alot , you should watch this http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=27242

Kling[o]

Reaction score
Okay thanks. can you give a hint of how the code could look like? Or would it just be like add all units in an area of X and then damage them?

Infact, you need to create an ability using channel and you need to change the value of "Data - Art Duration" to 0 which will make it cast instantly. the trigger are just needed to do the damage and the special effect of thunder clap. If you want the slow caused by the thunder clap , you'll need to create a second custom spell based on slow from sorceress.

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
You can set the heroes spell animation to 0 if you want thunder clap to be instantly cast but there will be no animation.
I am not sure if it works because thats what other people told me

Smilis

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
You can set the heroes spell animation to 0 if you want thunder clap to be instantly cast but there will be no animation.
I am not sure if it works because thats what other people told me

Worked! :)

You can create - use - remove it, there in no wait in your trigger.

but how will I remove it when I have point as a variable with array? :)

Jedi

Reaction score
point[1] >>>>> call RemoveLocation(udg_point[1])

point[Integer A] >>>> call RemoveLocation(udg_point[bj_forLoopAIndex])

point[Player number of(Owner of GDD_DamageSource)] >>>> call RemoveLocation(udg_point[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(udg_GDD_DamageSource))])

point[Player number of(triggering player)] >>>> call RemoveLocation(udg_point[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetTriggerPlayer())])

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
To clarify the answer to your first question:
The reason there is a delay in thunder clap's casting time is because the animation used is called "slam." So even if it takes 0.01 seconds to cast the spell, the "slam" animation still has to be played. So remove the slam animation to fix the problem.

You could use a dummy, too... but it's a lot of extra work.

Smilis

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
okay. Thanks for all help :)
+rep :p

EDIT
Well, it didnt work... Don't know why...

Trigger:
  • Thunder Blast
    • Events
      • Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Thunder Blast for GDD_DamageSource) Not equal to 0
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ThunderBlast_Check[(Player number of (Owner of GDD_DamageSource))] Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Special Effect - Destroy ThunderBlast_Effect[(Player number of (Owner of GDD_DamageSource))]
          • Set ThunderBlast_Check[(Player number of (Owner of GDD_DamageSource))] = False
          • Set ThunderBlast_Point[(Player number of (Owner of GDD_DamageSource))] = (Position of GDD_DamagedUnit)
          • Unit - Create 1 Shade for (Owner of GDD_DamageSource) at ThunderBlast_Point[(Player number of (Owner of GDD_DamageSource))] facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Thunder Blast damage to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Thunder Blast damage for (Last created unit) to (Level of Thunder Blast for GDD_DamageSource)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap
          • Unit - Add a 0.75 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_ThunderBlast_Point[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(udg_GDD_DamageSource))])
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • ThunderBlast[(Player number of (Owner of GDD_DamageSource))] Greater than or equal to (8 - (Level of Thunder Blast for GDD_DamageSource))
            • Then - Actions
              • Set ThunderBlast[(Player number of (Owner of GDD_DamageSource))] = 0
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of GDD_DamageSource using Abilities\Weapons\FarseerMissile\FarseerMissile.mdl
              • Set ThunderBlast_Effect[(Player number of (Owner of GDD_DamageSource))] = (Last created special effect)
              • Set ThunderBlast_Check[(Player number of (Owner of GDD_DamageSource))] = True
            • Else - Actions
              • Set ThunderBlast[(Player number of (Owner of GDD_DamageSource))] = (ThunderBlast[(Player number of (Owner of GDD_DamageSource))] + 1)

and btw: is it leakless when I have fixed the point-thing?

EDIT (2)

Okay, I had forgot "call" infront of the removelocation.... So now it works :)
But still, is it leakless now?

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
Should be leakless, as long as you destroy the farseer attack special effect in the second part of your trigger at some point.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.