Two Questions - Arc, and Shockwave Attack.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Okay, I have two questions, First one.
How do people add that natural arc to their spells? Like boomerang and such, so that it flies at an arc towards a unit, like a big half circle, its like natural.

Second, In the game Power Towers, theres a tower that when it starts attacking, as long as its target unit is in range, it creates shockwaves very rapidly, like .2 seconds between each other until the unit leaves, towards the units position, yet its attack is fast. My question, is how would I trigger that efficiently? to keep casting it. I also need to find a way so that it stops with movement.

Valorcat

Reaction score
I don't fully understand your first question, but the second question is easy, without need for triggers.

You need to make a new ability. Create one and find the ability called Pheonix Fire. Change it to do whatever amount of damage you want, how many targets it can hit, and it's name to whatever you like. You can then set it's attack speed to 0.2, or faster. Then, attach this ability to the tower you want. You can now give the tower multiple attacks, if that's what you're looking for (while normally the limit of attacks is 2, Phenoix Fire lets you go up and beyond that).

I hope this helped. :D

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
While I wish it were that easy, its not, I've tested the ability, its literally a shockwave played multiple times. Heres the map.

Attachments

• Power Towers v1.27.w3x
    400.7 KB · Views: 224

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Why can't you make it cast shockwave every time the tower targets a unit?

For the first question, are you referring to a parabola?

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
I believe so, like in Emjlr3's boomerang, and whenever he targets a unit, is that an order? Like, does he target constantly? And does he do it repetitively?

Bankde

Reaction score
For First Question: Using Sin Function. (Use only 0 to 180 which give you positive number) It will return number like half circle

For Second Question: Still in confused, I've test your map (You should say that it's holy tower) I think it work well.

PS: I really love your map.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
1st: have no idea
2nd: gie your tower the shockwave ability with ( based on your attack speed ) cooldown.. set its cast time point and backswing to 0.00. then:
a unit is attacked / attacking unit == your tower / order tower to shockwave ...

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
2nd: gie your tower the shockwave ability with ( based on your attack speed ) cooldown.. set its cast time point and backswing to 0.00. then:
a unit is attacked / attacking unit == your tower / order tower to shockwave ...

Yes, that's what I was saying. I presume it was done that way.

For number 1, Bankde is correct, for a parabola I believe you need to use the sine function.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
@Hydra and XeNiM666
Try the Power Towers map, build the holy tower, it has a FAST attack speed, yet somehow, it attacks with shockwave continuously (like as fast as possible) until the target is out of range.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
So the current trigger doesn't work?

Because surely, when it casts shockwave, then it can still acquire a target, because it hasn't shot yet.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
I tried to test it, but the problem is, shockwave has a cast time, like .3 seconds. I did set the units attack speed to .03, and made the trigger, it works but slowly, and in the game, it goes EXTREMELY fast.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
What are the tower's Animation - Cast Point and Animation - Cast Backswing* values?

*The name escapes me, it should be something similar to those.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.