World U.S. and South Korea raise military alert on North

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
SEOUL (Reuters) – South Korea and the United States raised the military alert level for the peninsula on Thursday after the communist North warned the truce ending the Korean War was dead and it was ready to attack.

IMO? This sucks badly. They threatened to war with anyone who tried stopped them...

Last edited by a moderator:

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Why is everyone getting so worked up about this diminutive despotic crackpot and his crappy little country? Isn't there a huge minefield between the North and South? Plus, they don't yet have a viable delivery method for a nuke.
That, and the combined might of China, South Korea and the US (and all the other counties in the UN) would probably ensure any war was over pretty quick.
It's not like the North has many (if any) allies, is it?
NK reminds me of the bullied kid in the playground who ends up on the watertower with a rifle, taking a bead on his classmates :rolleyes:

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Why is everyone getting so worked up about this diminutive despotic crackpot and his crappy little country?

A little country with nukes.

Isn't there a huge minefield between the North and South? Plus, they don't yet have a viable delivery method for a nuke.

They're shipping it. Whoever disturbs the shipment will cause North Korea to go war. And wow, you're confident nothing will happen because there's a huge minefield?

That, and the combined might of China, South Korea and the US (and all the other counties in the UN) would probably ensure any war was over pretty quick.

I haven't heard China mention North Korea at all. Who said they'll do what America says? The war won't be over till you have control of the entire North Korea. You think a crazy man with a crazy country will back down without causing fatalities? Like nukes?

It's not like the North has many (if any) allies, is it?

Not sure about this. I think they backed out of the Axis power.

NK reminds me of the bullied kid in the playground who ends up on the watertower with a rifle, taking a bead on his classmates :rolleyes:

a

darkreapers

Reaction score
see this is why i love living in australia, cause u know if north nukes anyone, it wont be us first :thup:

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
see this is why i love living in australia, cause u know if north nukes anyone, it wont be us first :thup:

Yeah, I pretty much endured most of Australian's racist remarks when I'm in US WEST of Battle.Net.

... Racists...

EDIT:

I'm sorry for posting an off-topic post, but I seriously had a really bad experience playing with Australians and ETC.

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
Yes, Australia is only in danger of anti-kangaroo nations. So far thats Taco Bell, they have no nukes.

Right now I think we are hitting a point where we cant engage in another fight. Afghanistan is about to be a bad place to be, with a very well armed and quickly fragmenting Pakistan on its border.

Iraq just needs to be ignored long enough to become a serious issue again.

Iran is pushing forward like North Korea is. It might be a huge issue if both act up at the same time. I figure they will because they think its the other one that will be the target of the US and its Allies. BTW, we don't have many allies left that will act like allies.

On top of this, annoying pirates from Somalia and shrinking military budget (some of it was crap pork, so I understand moving it about, but some of it wasnt).

So in the end, this could be interesting from a historical standpoint, but from a pro-American standpoint it's not good at all. More so like a Shakespearian Tragedy bad.

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
I believe NK will lose.... WE HAVES TEH LAZORZZ!!!

...to shoot their missles out of the sky of course. Then we just fire ONE little 300 million megaton nuke ensuring the whipping out of Kim Jong and possibly his neighbors.

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
I think what my dad says is close to true. It's a giant bluff. if they ask for money, we'll know.

So in the end, this could be interesting from a historical standpoint, but from a pro-American standpoint it's not good at all. More so like a Shakespearian Tragedy bad.
Thank you papa bush!

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
the problem with having to invade north korea if it ever comes to that is they have the fourth largest military in the world just behind china and india and usa. I believe over a million troops but most likely since the country is so poor the technology and communications are very much inferior to todays standards. but still, a million troops is a lot.

the fact they have nuclear capabilities doesnt really worry me as even countries such as pakistan have them. kinda obvious what their intentions are though with how persistent they are with experimenting with rockets.

edit- undeadorkjerk, i know ur probably just joking about nuking nk, but the nk government is represented by the government, not the people. :p so you would be killing 22 million innocent civilians who are oppressed by their own government. :0

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
edit- undeadorkjerk, i know ur probably just joking about nuking nk, but the nk government is represented by the government, not the people. :p so you would be killing 22 million innocent civilians who are oppressed by their own government. :0

Unfortunately my friend, so is the cost of war. This sounds childish I know, but they started it, anything we have to do to keep our people safe is considered necessary. Even if it means wiping them off the whole god dam map.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Of course they're bluffing. The (mentally unstable) ruler of North Korea is making a scene in order to generate aid for his millions of starving people. He is hoping that the UN and/or neighboring countries will send money.

Undead Me

Reaction score
We can't afford a ground engagement with more troops. But the American Air Force is where our true strength lies. If it comes down to it, we can easily destroy one or two missiles in flight. The reason nuclear war is so frightening is not that NO missiles can be stopped, but that 50,000 cannot be if they are as advanced as ours or the old Soviet one's.

I am confident NK will not win out. I only wish I could be sure they will not have civilian casualties.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
I don't see it ending well. Haven't I been rambling in chat about North Korea attacking America, while most everyone else is shocked?

Well, I still believe that's what'll happen.

Undead Me

Reaction score
They have not the ability. And we have not the patience. Such an attack would not end well for NK. Not well at all.

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
I don't see it ending well. Haven't I been rambling in chat about North Korea attacking America, while most everyone else is shocked?

Well, I still believe that's what'll happen.

If that happens, I'm sure the US will recover fast enough for a quick strike back. Even in our crippled state, the US is still in way better shape than NK. I have a feeling (no, it's not just my natural born American ignorance) that if NK does Indeed attack us, it won't take us long to strike back, and we'll strike back 100x harder than they did.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing that little bastard in the same situation as Saddam Hussein, swingin' from a tree. But that's just me. And, like in Iraq, I feel the United States has no right to go in and change anything, until we are threatened

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
North Korea isn't going to do anything for a few reasons.

1.) Big one - Everything they have is made in Korea.
2.) I don't think they can launch from far enough away
3.) They probably know that even if they do fire a nuke, it'll probably be picked up by NORAD in seconds unless they got uber-tech stealth.

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
I personally am just waiting till China collects on a 40 year old debt that North Korea has never repaid. Would suck if South Korea becomes a casualty of that, it would take the world turning a blind eye to China coming down on them.

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
North Korea isn't going to do anything for a few reasons.

1.) Big one - Everything they have is made in Korea.
2.) I don't think they can launch from far enough away
3.) They probably know that even if they do fire a nuke, it'll probably be picked up by NORAD in seconds unless they got uber-tech stealth.

Number two... Is ignorant about South Korea's existence?

Number three... Not if the nuke is planted... or launched and dropped in a few hours...

I'm not sure what I can say about number one, but you're simply thinking that America is always the target and that the army is only worried about America getting hurt from North K.

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
As the people from 4chan would say...

kim.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.