RPG Un-Named ORPG

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
I might be busy but high school doesn't seem so hard so I guess I won't have a lot of homework. I also had a idea. If the attacking doesn't work out cause it will be hard to move with the mouse, use arrow keys and attack at the same time, I thought we could use trackables to detect clicks and every time you click, you attack.

Embrace_It

Reaction score
I don't know how much you know about tracklabes but according to this tut, it seems very limited. Especially this:

...you can not retrieve a triggering player from a trackable event.

Which means it cant be used in this situation. Think it over though, since I have never used them myself before.

EDIT: I was also thinking of having an aggro system and/or a drop system (for items) but that might be too much as of now...

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
We probably will have that sorta system. But until the first demo is released, we will stick to what we have. And I believe TrackMap System allows to detect trackables by a player. Then again, I don't think well need the use of trackables since the combat system now is very good and not too hard to control.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I just skipped to the last page of this so 2 questions
1. Do you have someone working on the weather system
2. What do you want the weather system to be, Just change the weather at an area or will the weather have bonuses and disadvantages for players?

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
It can have disadvantages for players and advantages. Lets say the weather becomes really hot. Your hero will get a buff called dehidration or something making him attack slower or his stamina regeneration lowerd. Right now, no ones working on it simply cause we won't use it until more of the map is complete. After the first public beta, if we manage to finish more areas, we will probably add the weather system.

Embrace_It

Reaction score
Here's a little update:

Code:
- Changed some spell desprictions
- Added the cooldown of a given spell at the bottom of its despriction
- Added eye-candy to Shockwave
- Added a small, simple library called 'TimedEffect' for making the above-mentioned eye-candy (can be replaced)

If you wouldn't mind, I've restructured my SpellText library and added some more functionality to it, and I'd like to add it to the project, so that floating text will be made with ease.

The map is attached. If all is well, I can begin work on something else :)

Attachments

• Combat System v4.w3x
    247.6 KB · Views: 285

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
I don't mind if you rescript the systems as long as they work. One thing I have to say is that the shockwave effect doesn't look so cool. The sand effect was a good move but it doesn't look like a shock wave. Try adding the shockwave model into the spell so as it goes, the terrain falls. The tremor ability knockback is much too fast. Maybe slowing it down or increasing its friction.

The dungeon for the orcs is going to be a goblin city in a cave. Cave will be pretty huge and the dungeon will not be straight forward so you will actually have to think your way through the dungeon.

EDIT: Bad news. Im planning on remaking most of the terrain in the desert area. That means alpha release is delayed. The good news is that the terrain will look much better and won't have oversized tree's houses buildings and everything else in between.

Embrace_It

Reaction score
How about I keep the sand effect as well as adding the shockwave model? I suggest I maybe find another shockwave model for tremor for diversity. I'll make the changes to tremor.

Bad news.

Well, I really didn't think it could look any better :D looking forward to be proven wrong!

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Yea we should find a different model for tremor. The shockwave model itself doesn't look that good. I'll look at the hive for some effects.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
The problem with those models is that they don't nessecairly look that great with tremor. Also, we have to condisder how this would look like in the 3rd Person View so that the screen doesn't get coverd up with the tremor models. Ill soon get the models and I may change the ability's actions to look a bit different.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
I think were going to redo spirit guidance to something even better.

The tauren warrior channels to the antcestors for 3 seconds and summons the god to protect him. The tauren warrior won't take damage unless the god dies.

Level 1: 400 life, 0 armour
Level 1: 640 life, 2 armour
Level 1: 850 life, 5 armour

Notes: When hes channeling, make the unit first appear really faded and as the time passes, make him become more and more visible till its 100%. The level values aren't official, just displaying the gods stats. To change them, we could make upgrades that increase his stats or use bonus.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Embrace, im sorta mad at myself cause the project is moving soo damn slowly so Im finally gonna start using as much of my free time as possible to this project. Im gonna try to get wellshir to start working and Ill try to reterrain the whole city by monday and if wellshir doesnt come back, Ill try to make the 3d Pathing system.

As for the SPirit Guidance spell, lets use the tauren avatar model that was made on th. It looks good for a spirit protector.

Embrace_It

Reaction score
Ok, I'll make the changes for the Tauren Warrior's other abilities, then create the new Spirit Guidance (alternate name maybe?). Did you find a good tremor model btw? I was kinda thinking we could use a model based on 'Warslam' as well.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
I was thinking about it, and I wanna test out the tremor we already have on the 3rd Person Camera to see if you get like shockwave models going at your screen. If you do, we could either change the camera or make the ability look like a devastating warstomp with deformations coming out.

Embrace_It

Reaction score
Alternatively, you could also make some options for the camera system, like: "-dist 200" or "dist+" that increases the camera distance from the target, or just make an appropriate default camera distance in the system.

I've been a bit busy at the university for some time, but at the end of this week, I'll have 1 week off, so I'll be back in business and post an update by then.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Wohoo. Finally this project isn't dead. Ive been busy to with my first year of high school but Ill have sooo much free time this weekend so Ill be working a lot. And the camera distance should be set by using W and S instead of making them rotate above the unit.

Embrace_It

Reaction score
Update!

Hey guys,

Update details:
Code:
- New spell: Spirit Protector
- Added the original shockwave model to Shockwave
- Increased friction/decreased speed (cant remember which :P) for Tremor
- Expansion of TimedEffect and SpellText

When hes channeling, make the unit first appear really faded and as the time passes, make him become more and more visible till its 100%.

I've made it so that the warrior starts out with high transparency and the protector starts out with low, and over time, the transparency changes, so that the warrior becomes more and more visible and the protector more and more invisible.

I've expanded the TimedEffect library to include lightning effects (for Spirit Protector) and SpellText. The final versions are in another map, and will be added shortly.

Attachments

• Combat System v5.w3x
    262.1 KB · Views: 289
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.