Unable to Upgrade Ability

ianu74

Reaction score
I've created a tower that shoots out Wisps(Flame) and damages the enemy. The Wisps do 50 base damage and for every Flame tower upgrade, the wisps do an extra 20 damage. However, i can't make it and the wisps still do 50 damage.
Code:
Flame Tower
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Flame Tower Level 4
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 Flame 3 for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at (Position of (Attacking unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Position of (Attacked unit))
                Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Set level of Flame 4 (Neutral Hostile 1) for (Last created unit) to ((Number of units in (Units owned by (Owner of (Attacking unit)) of type Flame Tower Upgrade)) + 1)
Is there something wrong with my trigger?

The ability is based off Permanent Immolation... the level of the immolation doesn't increase.

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
#1 you're leaking, massively if this is a tower's attack

#2 where do the "upgrade units" go after being researched? Because it looks like, from a completely trigger standpoint, it should work

BuryAutumn

Reaction score
i made a trigger for you. the thing is, you're gonna have to use a few triggers. also, you have to make a different tower for each level and for each ability level.

here's the trigger.
Code:
Event
Unit - A unit Finishes and upgrade

Conditions
(Researched tech-type) Equal to [upgrade name]

Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) of type [tower] and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with [next level tower] using The new unit's default life and mana

something like that.

Knocksious

Reaction score
other than that, why not use a research upgrade without the units. Then, make the immolation units have several different types of immolation, some doing more damage, and have them have different tech requirements

ianu74

Reaction score
Does the one with more damage affect it, or does the one with lesser damage?

Knocksious

Reaction score
you'd have to test it out, but you can always use if/thens to remove any offending abilities.

My guess is that they'd be stackable, but if that were not the case, then the one that was listed first would probably win out, that just seems to be how the WE is, but I don't know for sure. Experiment a little

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.