WIP Undead Assault II 2.0 Recruitment

illidan92

Reaction score
ALL applications must be posted on the Undead Assault II website in the jobs thread! Sorry to redirect from here, but all of the map development will occur at the website.

Jobs thread: http://www.undeadassault.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1593

Background information on Undead Assault II:
Undead Assault 2 (UA2) is a zombie survival map I made in 2007. After years of updating my computer was nuked and now I'm working on a deprotected version (the last backup is also somehow corrupted). Many thousands of lines have been decoded and many thousand remain. It was fairly popular but has died down since there hasn't been an update in well over a year.

Now I'm working on a "2.0" version that is a complete remake with incredible improvements to launch it past any other zombie survival map you've ever played. There's lots of work to be done and I can't do this on my own. What I especially need is extremely skilled and experienced vJASS coders, but there are many other positions to fullfill.

Here is my website post:

I'm looking for people who wish to assist me in the production of version 2.0. I could really use the help, it's a larger task to undertake than I had previously expected, and assembling a team would drastically improve the quality and time for release. It's time to get a little more professional.

Previous experience is absolutely necessary. I'm not looking for Joe-Shmoe who did some little things here and there, I'm looking for very talented, hard-working individuals for currently ongoing projects (version 2.0) and upcoming projects (UA3 for Starcraft 2). This team is not just a quick fun thing we mess around with, we will work on serious projects and create long-term relationships in this modding area. So no quitters!

If I do get the perfect team we will create the most amazing UA2 2.0 anyone's ever seen, and move on to other mapping projects as well as work on updates.

Examples of work are necessary. General times available (such as weekends or from 5-8PM US EST) also must be included.

People with the appropriate skills are capable of undertaking multiple jobs (such as a coder and skinner).

Current positions:

Art
Artistic development is a very necessary part of game creation. Free-lancing, as in coming in and working on your own time to submit a skin or model, is accepted. WIPs and concepts are a very good idea to ensure that what you make is what the game needs.

-Modellers: A skilled modeller with preferable animation experience who can create very low file size models of decent quality. The M2 Bradley model currently used in the game is a good example of this.

-Skinners: A skinner who can create the right quality and visual appeal with a low file size would be very useful.

-Concepts: Extremely important at the moment. A hugely imaginative think-tank that fits the Undead Assault feel and style would mean everything right now. Storyboards and mission concepts are exactly what I currently need. A moderate artistic talent and great imagination capable of working quickly and efficiently to create fun, interesting, original concept art for terrain, events/missions, and in-game cinematics would help incredibly.

Mapping
This is the heart of game creation. All-over talent is just what I'm looking for.

-Coders: General, all-around, flexible coders with great skill and experience in vJASS who know the world editor inside-out. I could really use 1-3 coders - the more I have that are very skilled, the faster and more polished the outcome of this game. Coding can get very complicated and neatness is a must - be prepared for this huge job.

-Terrainers (Also part of "Art" category): A skilled terrainer who can use as few doodads as possible but create eye-catching, tactical results that fit what this game needs. Good use of pathing is necessary, and artistic talent in other fields is a plus. Appropriate atmosphere varying from uneasy towns and creepy Umbrella facilities to misty forests are just a few examples of the dynamic atmosphere to create. You'll be working in a giant sand box with general "landmarks" to make and improve upon. Knowledge and visualization of play-style and capability/flexibility of working with as few doodad placement as possible is a must.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
The M2 Bradley model currently used in the game is a good example of this.
I thought you said quality - guess I was wrong. The m2 Bradley model is pretty amateurish, in reality. The texture could have been much more detailed for it's size, while the model has a few unnecessary faces.

While I do enjoy UA2, your choice in models and stubbornness in the ones you have will be a pain for any terrainer or modeler - And this is from personnel experience when I showed interest in his map.

You set unrealistic goals for people by over-estimating their abilities and under-estimating what they'll need. While I could have done that harbor, it would have looked very poor unless I had 100kb of extra model/kb space.

Anyway, best of luck to you. Hope you guys expand the content, as it becomes the same thing game after game. "Take north hill. Put flares and camera out. Ect"

And I realize you're trying to increase motivation for any team members, but if I had never talked with you or played UA2 I would think you're just another "OMG I GOTZ A MAP IDEAZ" person. You need to stop acting so cocky, lose half the ego.
As I said before, you're still open to manipulate my next model pack which is considerably advance to anything out there.
Still need to make ground textures, but turning out very well. Around 700kb in the w3x.

illidan92

Reaction score
Ah hello windexman ^.^. If you still want to work on it I'll still gladly accept. I still don't know what to do with that southern terrain and the towns and northeast Ravenholm area could be redone as terrainers please (the woods too...well basically everything). I think we kind of misunderstood eachother the last time.

I was thinking of making the whole south area thing into an even larger Umbrella facility and make it Doom 3ish with teleporters and stuff. Still dunno yet how it would turn out. I was thinking of an idea for a custom model with an animated texture to make the same visual effect as the teleporters too (I got the sound effects).

However your type of terraining is a little different then the type I have in mind for this map - it's more the type I had in mind for my Left 4 Dead map I was making but lost (actually it's exactly like that) and might still make. I have more of a Warcraft 3 mix in of terrain style, using more WC3 doodads vs. full blown custom doodads (which was the L4D map). However the Ravenholm area is fairly custom done and the towns could use some changes.

And I actually need more ideas from other people with a large yet visionary/realistic type of imagination and capability of making simple concept art of events and things.

As for current work I could definitely just throw at you to do whatever the hell you want, I had made a COD4:MW map and the terrain could get whatever you want to put in it. If you want, I'll gladly hand that map over to you.

I find the M2 Bradley to be great. The texture doesn't need to be high-res or it will look way too much better than WC3's terrain.

Oh yes, and I have some big game-changing ideas for the climax of normal modes and the entire Umbrella mode.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I was wondering if I could be a coder too. I know vjass and I have experience as a map maker.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I thought there already was a UA2? Or is this like UA2 2.0? :eek:

<3 Undead Assault. Played it a lot, :). Good luck! :thup:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

illidan92

Reaction score
I thought there already was a UA2? Or is this like UA2 2.0? :eek:

<3 Undead Assault. Played it a lot, :). Good luck! :thup:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~
Yeah I made it. 2.0 is, like he said, an overhaul of it. Everything is redone, especially the gameplay.

Renedaru:
1: You need to write an "application" in the Undead Assault website, as said in the 1st post.
2: You need 1 or more examples of your work.

Reaction score
Yeah I made it. 2.0 is, like he said, an overhaul of it. Everything is redone, especially the gameplay.

Renedaru:
1: You need to write an "application" in the Undead Assault website, as said in the 1st post.
2: You need 1 or more examples of your work.

I can vouch for rendaru's coding experience, I have seen some of his work around.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
He probably will still want examples of his experience. :) But I too vouch for renendaru if it helps.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I can post some of the spells I'm working on right now. I'm currently making a hero pack for who knows what. All it has right now is a Female Blademaster, a Battlemage, and Cycling Archer which has different abilties during the day and night.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.