Unit group not working properly

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I have an admittedly rather ugly trigger, located at the heart of which is a unit group selection. What the trigger is supposed to do is set the custom value of the picked units to 1. In the unit group there are two units, one that doesn't matter what its CV is, and the other one that its the entire point of this unit group. The one that doesn't matter is getting the proper CV but the one I care about isn't changing (for the record the Triggering Unit is the one I don't care about). The kicker is I even have debug text set to go off so that for every unit picked it'll say so, and it's saying two units are getting picked but it's still not affecting the unit I want. Here's my trigger:
Trigger:
  • Unit selection
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Else - Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • dmhurtbool Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Life of (Triggering unit)) - (Real(dmhurtnum))) Greater than 0.40
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) - (Real(dmhurtnum)))
            • Else - Actions
              • Set temppos = (Position of (Triggering unit))
              • Set tempUg = (Units within 100.00 of temppos)
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in tempUg and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to 1
                  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Debug text
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_temppos)
              • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_tempUg)
              • Floating Text - Destroy (Load (Key name) of (Key (Triggering unit)) in htNametagsIf the label is not found, this function returns NULL.)
              • Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
(What the rest of the trigger is for is hurting units according to the host's specifications, and if they die then it goes through to the unit group.)

Any ideas as to why one unit would be picked and not another? I have no unit-type comparisons or anything...

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
are you sure 100 range is far enough? thats melee range

Xan_Kriegor

Reaction score
are you sure 100 range is far enough? thats melee range
Yeah, the desired unit is technically 'flying' so they're actually in the exact same spot. I have another ability that shows the position in raw coordinates of units in an area and they have the same values.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Maybe you can try damaging the units within the unit group?

Xan_Kriegor

Reaction score
The unit I want has the Locust ability so I wouldn't be able to see it take damage. >.> It's worked for every other trigger though.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Locust units don't get picked by Units Within Range. You need to use Units of Type.

Xan_Kriegor

Reaction score
Interesting. I had a blank map up at the time so I tested that because I was sure that it worked in my map and it didn't, so I went back to my map and it worked. Then I went back to my unit and realized it didn't actually have Locust, but it had no model which was good enough. Apparently I don't know my own map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.