Unit Morphing Models

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I'm trying to create a morphing ability which morphs a tank into a siege tank. I can get the ability to work, but what I am getting stuck on is the model that plays during the transition. From what I have been able to determine, there are two separate units (each with an actor) and another actor for transition phase. For example, the Viking has the two units 'Viking (Assault Mode)' (actor name 'Viking Assault') and 'Viking (Fighter Mode)' (actor name 'Viking Fighter'). Then there is also two morphing actors (one for going to Assault Mode and the other for going to Fighter Mode) named 'Assault Morph Model' and 'Fighting Morph Model'. Both of these morphing actors are not attached to a unit. In fact, I have been unable to determine an relationship between the morphing models and the units.

So want I want to know is, what/is the relationship between the units and the morphing actors; and if there isn't one, how do I specify the model that plays during the morphing process?

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
The morphing actors are not tied directly to a unit, and instead are created/destructed based on when the morphing abilities start/finish.

Example:

AbilMorph.*.Start
MorphTo SiegeTankSieged
Create

This created the actor whenever a unit starts to morph to Siege Tank (Siege Mode)

AbilMorph.*.Finish
MorphFrom SiegeTank
Destroy

This destroys the actor when the unit has finished morphing from Siege Tank (Tank Mode)

Edit: I can actually not find the create code for morphing from siege to tank mode, but I guess it's there somewhere.

Dave312

Reaction score
There doesn't appear to be a reference to say which actor should be created. Any idea where that link is?

EDIT: Anyone else?

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
Sorry for late reply. Not sure I understand what you're asking for though.

The actors does not reference each other. One actor is destroyed, another is created. They do not talk to each other ever.

Any create event in Siege Mode Morph Model will create an actor of type Siege Mode Morph Model.

When you click the siege tank ability this happens:
tank mode actor is destroyed
morph model is created
morph model is destroyed
siege model is created

All of this creating and destroying of actors are tied to when the game sees a unit morphing from and to; tank and siege mode. The unit does not tell the actors to do anything, and the actors does also not tell each other to do anything. They just know what to do through actor events.

Sorry if I'm just repeating things you know.

Dave312

Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't realise that you meant that these events were attached to the morphing model actor. I was thinking the actual unit actors. I have managed to get it to play the morphing model now so thanks for your help. +rep

Kelv

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Can you explain what you did to finally get it to work? I'm trying to duplicate a siege tank but the issues I have are that the unit disappears during the morphing stage and also doesn't visually turn to the unit it fires at.

Edit: Figured it out. Had to duplicate the Siege Mode Morph Model (actor) and change it's events.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.