Unit Size Increased by kills. Help

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
I did a search but i'll be honest i didn't look 100% of all the posts.

But i'm just wondering how this can be done. I've looked around in the Triggers found the Animation Change size. but it doesn't totally make sense to me. any help from anyone would be nice. Thank you in advanced.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well, first of all you have to count the kills a unit does.
i guess you already know how that works, if you dont just say so and we will help you.

for the animation just do it like this:
Trigger:
  • GrowUpSammyP
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set KillCounter = (KillCounter + 1)
      • Animation - Change (Killing unit)'s size to ((100.00 + (10.00 x (Real(KillCounter))))%, 100.00%, 100.00%) of its original size

this will increase the killing units size by 10% for each kill in the game.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
So, you just want so that when some unit kills another unit, it's size will increase ?! :S

Here's a sample for you:
Trigger:
  • Increase Size
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A structure) Not equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set the custom value of (Killing unit) to ((Custom value of (Killing unit)) + 1)
      • Animation - Change (Killing unit)'s size to ((100.00 + ((Real((Custom value of (Killing unit)))) x 10.00))%, 100.00%, 100.00%) of its original size

This will increase the killing unit's size by 10 every time it kills someone...

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
Its for a Hero that growths in his life span. so i made the growth number a lot lower so its not huge by the end of the game, but larger then the rest of the units.

Tried both of yours and both work and i'm satisfied. Now, i only want this for a race how do i go about doing that?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
just add in the right condition.
if only one specific unit or unit type grows its pretty easy.

something like:
Trigger:
  • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Gleich MyLittleGrowingHero

will do what you want.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
I know Double post.

But how would i go about decreasing the size of the unit while not in combat?

Create a trigger which check every second or 0,0X seconds if the unit is attacked or is attacking, if equal to falso, then change size to 100%.

ANDDDDDDD....

for the 'leak' problem what you deleted ;P

That ins't a leak, when you use a improve damage/armor in trigger based on item (claws of attack), the game just make a mini-lag...

You can fix it with preload ;)

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
its not in the condition, run a trigger every 1 second, that in the action line, checks if the unit is being attacked, or is attacking, thence triggering a boolean expr....

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
EDITED: Jesus christ, i really CAN'T do it without time

but is what jig7c say, create triggers to check if a unit take damage or don't

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
Can you make a example?

Nvm.

No i saw your example Laiev, that was too jig7c. i just took forever to post it cause i was trying things out. but you example didn't really make a whole lot of sense to me. at this moment. what you posted is pretty much what i did. But i don't want to hit 100% size or Damage to 0. i would like it to slowly go down. so it more of a constant growing and shrinking. same with damage.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
i just have a LITTLE ¬¬ problem with set the size, well, i set but when i will reset, somesh1t happen -.-

well... i will post to you see what i do and you can see how it work, also, the change size ungrowing don't work how i need to work

EDIT:

AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

NOW IT WORK :D yaya... :D

test and say what you think/like/dontlike/whatever

EDIT[2]:

So.....? o.õ'

Attachments

• Test.w3x
    17.9 KB · Views: 267

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
just tested it. AMAZING! great work. i changed the multiples on the growth and shrink tho. so it wasn't so drastic.

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
OH nvm got a question. Can you do the same with Dmg? cause i added my Damage increaser in your triggers and when the unit is out of "combat" it just goes to 0 bonus damage instead of slowly going down. i guess i can just change it to every hit instead.

Also. for this to work with multi players do i just need to make AnyUnit an array?

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
Ya.... and the to work with damage, you just set it in Growing and Ungrowing trigger, the others don't change anything.

Also i think you will need to set Checkout to array too, cause it check if ANY unit takes damage in map, not only one, you just need fix this, set more condiction to trigger which chance falso to true and vice-versa, something like....

Trigger:
  • Condictions
    • Or - any condiction are true
      • (Damage Source) equal to BLOOD MAGE
      • (Triggering unit) equal to BLOOD MAGE

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.