RPG Unnamed epic orpg

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Defi4nc3, back at 2006 there weren't any good RPG's nor maps so anything finished was actually worth playing. if you have reseave over 10k what about ice frog ? He should be catching up with bill gates by now.

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
Theres still no good ORPG(s) or have been, plus its not just Icefrog anymore (for a long time)... DOTA has a team...

I hardly see anything host on bnet but DOTA still, prolly the reason i'm back... I miss the days where my ORPG was always on the list... I intend to see that happen again~

Not anywhere close to bill gates but they do make quite a bit off advertisements~

The reason for the failure of ORPG(s) is cause most take ideas from previous games or thoughts or shit that has already been made... Nothing is really pure creativity...

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
The reason is that they suck. Or are too complicated, or have nothing original. Yours isn't anything special... or at the very least in my book. Listen, the key to make a sucsesfull RPG is to host it until you have enough players. They will play it until they get the best items and then they will forget for the RPG.

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
That doesn't seem like a very strong key :p

Atm its nothing special, it has barely any content, can't be that special.

It'll change drastically by the end of june...

And of course, I mean the only games really ever lasting are hard core competitive games and mmo's... I mean its common for someone to "beat" a game then not play it again...

All in All i've done it before, i'll do it again. Trust me, I know the real "key" to making a successful game :p

I code in many different languages I just happen to love the blizzard universe. I've made games for more platforms than just the PC.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Good for you. I know keys on making a fun and replayable map. Perhaps we should share :D

Daicos

Reaction score
Defiance there has been Twilight which has been pretty good and kept many people entertained. It kept me entertained! Anyway I'm having fun watching you guys talk XD

Legacyspy

Reaction score
By twilight do you mean twilight eve orpg? Cause that is a terrible terrible map. Lots of skills that are just copies of basic wc3 skills, lots of tool tip errors, and terrible balance.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
The reason is that they suck. Or are too complicated, or have nothing original. Yours isn't anything special... or at the very least in my book. Listen, the key to make a sucsesfull RPG is to host it until you have enough players. They will play it until they get the best items and then they will forget for the RPG.

This is half true, Simple games, as you seem to prefer it will all end when the best items have been looted, the complicated game have much, much more replayability, instead of beating a boss you can beat the systems, try diffrent combinations of skills, see what scales best, because no players really know since custom attributes might be at use and abilities scale with them, item affixes, weapon damage, weapon speed etc.

By this I also declare that one shouldn't be able to max out all skills, because that will 'force' players to experiment with diffrent combinations, somewhat like talent trees in MMOs, hence giving it replayability, but ofcourse a good butload of items is always a bonus ;)

This is also my suggestion to this map, systems are fun to play on, see how far they bend in your favor, before dropping you. Make it so that people replay to see how they can get "that class sux" hero to own the easy usable "this class is imba" hero.

//==GooS

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.