PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Look down to Troll-Brain's post.

This is the code:
JASS:
function EnableTransmissionSkip takes boolean flag returns nothing
    if flag then
        call EnableTrigger(bj_cineSceneBeingSkipped)
    else
        call DisableTrigger(bj_cineSceneBeingSkipped)
    endif
endfunction

Unskippable Transmissions

Quite a few people have asked, "how do I make it so that people can't skip transmissions by pressing ESC?"

EDIT: I've removed the rest of the post to avoid confusion. Use the function above.

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I always wanted to do that in my map... Thank you for explaining, i don't have much time now. But later i will ask u if i have problems importing this to my map cuz i don't know JASS

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Could we get a 'more detailed explanation' here, instead of having to go to HW?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It seems very useful. I might implement it into my map. :thup:

Troll-Brain

Reaction score
Or you could simply do:
JASS:
call EnableUserControl( false )

Or this:
JASS:
function SetScene takes integer id, playercolor pc, string who, string what, real dur returns nothing
        if IsPlayerInForce( GetLocalPlayer(), bj_FORCE_ALL_PLAYERS ) then
            call SetCinematicScene( id, pc, who, what, dur + bj_TRANSMISSION_PORT_HANGTIME, dur )
        endif
    endfunction
'

It's just this in the BJ that allows the esc

The user control doesn't work, anyway disable/enable the trigger bj_cineSceneBeingSkipped is the best solution for gui users, imho.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Yeah, troll-brain's method is probably the best way for GUI users, or at least the easiest. I just never thought of it because I never think of the obvious. :p And this was just a real old method I found out a long time ago, so I just pretty much c'n'ped without really going over my code. But I just would like to run a few tests. Sadly, I can't until the day after tomorrow.

JASS:
call EnableUserControl( false )

You can still use ESC when disabling user control. Blizz probably allowed it just to skip cinematics/transmissions even though you can't control units or camera, etc.

Yep, basically what I did. I just removed that line. The rest is just inlining so that I won't be bashed for having so many damn BJs.

For now on, everyone should just use Troll-Brain's method.

You can probably send this to the graveyard, I don't think anyone really needs this anymore. =D Unless I somehow find if my method has any specific advantages, but for now I don't mind this sitting in the graveyard.

Troll-Brain

Reaction score
But i didn't know there is a such trigger in the blizzard init, so you have not lost your time.
I knew there is a such automated thing with items/units in shop directly in the map script, but not this one, i thought it was hardcoded.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.