upgraded to weu and dammit

Red Beard

Part-Time helper.... Full Time Lurker
Reaction score
Well after a long time debating between myself and my alter ego's someone prevailed and i got myself WEU.

I was so STOKED... it was so much nicer and gave a greater feeling of control................

until i tested the map for a new ability..

I discovered that a previous ability of mine 'blood shield' which i recieved alot of help from Rinpun, suddenly wont work.

The name of the ability has reverted to 'channel' (though the data stills says 'bloodshield') and whilst the first action works (healing the target to 100%) it doesnt do it again, and after casting it, my healer runs over and smacks the targeted unit over the head once :confused:

do i need to rewrite it? to be compatible with WEU?

the ability is here in Rinpuns reply:

Blood Shield Trigger (Rinpun's reply)

L

Laika.

I'm not familiar with the WEU, but you could try opening the map in the normal WE and converting the trigger to JASS? Then bringing it over to the WEU.
That may be worth a shot.

xPheRe

Reaction score
I thought WEU has 100% compatibility with WE.
Not the other way, since if you add any WEU feature to any map, you wont be able to open it again in WE until all its "advanced triggers" have been translated to JASS.
Sorry to be of no help, I didn't know why your fully usable WE spell doesn't work under WEU...

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
dude if you're using that trigger than rinpun gave you, it's only supposed to heal once. when it's done castingthe spell. thats what the trigger does.

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
so whats the problem then? it only works the first time he casts it and it never works again after that when he casts it again? if thats the problem, post your trigger here. right click on the name of the trigger and Copy as text and post it here.

try changing the event to a unit starts the effect of a spell

S

Senkin

It looks fine and dandy to me, I have moved over almost the exact same type of skill/triggers between we and weu b4 and I didnt have a single prob.

It is just being pissy for some reason, it may be some setting you configured for the WEU.

Anyway that should be a 10 min job to remake anyway. I think that if you just remake it from scratch in weu it will work fine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.