Using Strings - How to use the "next line" thing?

thevoden

Reaction score
Okay how do I turn this:

Code:
Sample. This is a sample sentence.

into this:

Code:
Sample.
This is a sample sentence.

in a string?

Thanks!

T

Tubba

Code:
I like spaghetti.|nNo u.
in editor

appears
Code:
I like spaghetti.
No u.

in game.

Warox[TBP]

Reaction score
You can use this "|n" in any string in the object editor to go to a new line. This doesnt work on strings in triggers like Game - Display game message.

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
Actually it works, at least for me (Or in the trigger editor was \n ? I don't remember quite well).

thevoden

Reaction score
Mine only shows one line, every time i hit enter it just presses OKAY. How do I get a multi-line control?

T

Tubba

Well, in MSN and such, you usally hold Shift... Try holding a modifier button (CTRL, CMND, ALT, SHIFT, etc).

T

Tubba

Yeah, I'm quite aware, thank you. What I meant was that I can simply press enter, but in some programs, for instance, MSN, I need to hold a modifier button, so I thought it was quite logical to assume that you might be able to aquire similar properties by holding one here.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Hmm... If I'm not mistaken, using |n did not work for the game display message (not too sure, tried it quite a while ago). Seems quite not possible. Well, a workaround would be to create 2 different messages.

T

Tubba

A bit strange... I can just hit enter to make a new line... Probably because I use a superior mac.

Warox[TBP]

Reaction score
Then what works in the "Game display game message"?

Hm it seems to be different on other pcs? But on my pc it is like this:

When i choose the Game - display game message action i get a multiline field in which i can write text and press enter to get new lines. If i choose consequtive strings (or what its called i dont remember) you only have one line for each string and |n doesnt help you here. If run in the game it will just write the "|n" instead of making a new line.

If I want multiple lines but still want to use Consequtive strings I seperate them in two different actions, one for each line like this.

Game - Display game message "Hi im line" + " one"
Game - Display game message "hi im line two"

If you want to use this method you have to specify the amount of time shown on screen because the strings will most likely have different lengths.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.