Weird Vampires a Mathematical Impossibility

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
A researcher has come up with some simple math that sucks the life out of the vampire myth, proving that these highly popular creatures can't exist.

University of Central Florida physics professor Costas Efthimiou's work debunks pseudoscientific ideas, such as vampires and zombies, in an attempt to enhance public literacy. Not only does the public believe in such topics, but the percentages are at dangerously high level, Efthimiou told LiveScience.

Legend has it that vampires feed on human blood and once bitten a person turns into a vampire and starts feasting on the blood of others.

Bad news for Seth. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
i will keep hoping. i need too become immortal in that sense.

dang it!

well i can still live of the organs from clones until some one comes up with a solution.

Tonks

Reaction score
hm..
It's a lie.
Vampires are just limiting themselves, so that they cannot be discovered.
And, I bet the vampires are the ones in positions of power around the world.
They're providing false censuses so that they can continue to convert everyone. ;)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Pft. You fragile-minded humans...

You believe what's fed to you by the media, under the guise of "fact", when in reality, you don't know anything for yourselves for sure.

Yes, they SAY there's oxygen. But has it ever been proven to you? Right there in front of you?!

Ranting and crazy theories, aside. Vampires are just freaking awesome. They exist merely because I say they do :)

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Wow... Just... Wow.

Thats wierd because I never would have thought about someone proving that vampires do not exist. It reminds me of when Homer mathamatically proved god could not exist, though lets not bring The Simpsons nor God into this :p

But anyways, facts are facts. I never really believed in vampires, mostly because I am one of those people that just say "Prove it" and gets on with their life. Then again, you will never know :eek:

They exist merely because I say they do

If you can do that I would hate to know what else you can do with your words :rolleyes:

Have a vampericious day! :eek:

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Seth
Your forgetting about up Werewolves
Not able to exist? Psh! Dam Lies!
Its a known fact that a vampire has to drain you of ALL blood to turn you. And whats the BS about garlic? "Oh Noes! An Herb!"
Werewolves can eat anything, technically, vampires should be able to, too, Seth would know.
Why doesn't anyone thing of the Werewolves?!!?! Oh well, all the better :cool:

DM Cross

Reaction score
Werewolves are usually pushed to the side as dogs under their Vampiric masters.

In the original Dracula, by Bram Stoker, the Dracula character was able to control wolves. Werewolves... Get it?

You see it a lot in movies, too. Van Helsing had it. Underworld had it, but the Werewolves fought back.

Ironically, Lycans and Werewolves are not the same. Werewolves are a slave to the phases of the moon, and turn only into wolves. Lycans are shape-shifters and can control the change through training.

I, personally, don't hold a lot of love for Werewolves whatsoever. Lycans are cooler, but only because I typically believe my geneology on the matter that says Lycans come from Vampires.

Yes, I rant :cool: :shades:

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
I wonder how many people have to believe in vampires for this guy to think it's a "dangerously high level".

And his logic falls into the "not even wrong" category. No vampire myth says that EVERYBODY who's bitten by a vampire turns into one of the undead.

DM Cross

Reaction score
The way most authors go about it these days (myself included) is that the Vampire's blood (and in a sense, DNA, right?) have to go back into the human for them to become a Vampire as well. Just feeding doesn't do anything except help keep the Vampire "alive".

pladams9

Seth's Good-Twin
Reaction score
No vampire myth says that EVERYBODY who's bitten by a vampire turns into one of the undead.

Totally correct as far as I know. The "main" myth/legend that I know of (as Seth said) is that the vampires blood has to go back into the human victim. Vampires don't always choose to allow this, and, as far as I knew, they don't always even kill their victim and definitely not usually right away. They could suck blood from a victim for a month before killing them and if they have more than one victim why should they ever suck their sources dry?

DM Cross

Reaction score
Keep in mind that Vampirism is typically looked at as a DISEASE, and has to be TRANSMITTED.

Ya gotta give a little to get a little...

Prometheus

Reaction score
I meant Lycans when I said Werewolves, pretty much.
My werewolf idea is you can only turn into a wolf or bear, but you can half-morph and also only turn part of you into your wolf form and the saliva thing. Also, were not enslaved to the moon, vampires or anything.

SomeGuy333

Reaction score
Costas Efthimiou is forgetting some things in vampire lore.

1. The vampire doesn't have to turn you into a vampire, they do it by choice.

2. Vampires can be killed.

3. They are not as dimwitted as zombies, they are portrayed as being smart. meaning that they would be smart enough to not mass populate causing a limited food supply.

DM Cross

Reaction score
I meant Lycans when I said Werewolves, pretty much.
My werewolf idea is you can only turn into a wolf or bear, but you can half-morph and also only turn part of you into your wolf form and the saliva thing. Also, were not enslaved to the moon, vampires or anything.

Believe it or not, your idea is wrong, due to the fact that you don't "believe" the moon held sway over the werewolf. Lycans aren't werewolves. They're not slaves to the moon's phases. Werewolves are, thanks to whoever originally wrote the Wolfman story :p

Prometheus

Reaction score
Seth said:
Believe it or not, your idea is wrong, due to the fact that you don't "believe" the moon held sway over the werewolf. Lycans aren't werewolves. They're not slaves to the moon's phases. Werewolves are, thanks to whoever originally wrote the Wolfman story :p

If werewolves were slaves to the moon, they would probably be aquatic creatures.
The moon just reflects the sun's light so they would always be in werewolf form.

Thats all I can think of right now lol

Edit: I just looked at something on werewolves and here it is.

"A werewolf (also lycanthrope or wolfman) in folklore and mythology is a person who shapeshifts into a wolf, either purposely, by using magic, or after being placed under a curse. The medieval chronicler Gervase of Tilbury associated the transformation with the appearance of the full moon, but this concept was rarely associated with the werewolf until the idea was picked up by modern fiction writers. Most modern fiction agrees that a werewolf can be killed if shot by a silver bullet, although this was not a feature of folk legends. Werewolves are sometimes held to become vampires after death."

DM Cross

Reaction score
I've never heard of some of that before :D Like the Werewolf dies to become a Vampire part! :D :D

Cite your source please :) Just out of curiosity.

In truth, there's no real way to judge who's way is right in these things, it really is prefence. In Corruption, MY vampires can withstand sunlight. But that's not right by Bram Stoker's version, and he's the author of Dracula. Thus, his way is the first way.

Don Joan

Reaction score
heh, sorry to bump, but we vampires are not exactly what you thought to be.

We are more like-um, humans, but we are...different.

So next time when you think, eat garlic and run!

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
A researcher has come up with some simple math that sucks the life out of the vampire myth, proving that these highly popular creatures can't exist.

University of Central Florida physics professor Costas Efthimiou's work debunks pseudoscientific ideas, such as vampires and zombies, in an attempt to enhance public literacy. Not only does the public believe in such topics, but the percentages are at dangerously high level, Efthimiou told LiveScience.

Legend has it that vampires feed on human blood and once bitten a person turns into a vampire and starts feasting on the blood of others.

Read more here.

Bad news for Seth. :p

And you think why our blood bank always stays low? They are amongst us! :D

DM Cross

Reaction score
How does an herb effect a vampire, I swear.
I understand the whole "Holy Water" thing, though.

It's probably a smell thing, honestly.

Garlic has a really strange, really strong smell. Vampires are famous for enhanced sight, smell and hearing senses. Thus, garlic = really bad for Vampires.

Then again, think about this: Why does silver injure a werewolf?

The real answer? Maybe Bram Stoker just didn't like garlic :rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.