System (vJass) CustomInventory

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
To complicated. I prefer a simple copy and paste one. Yours has like 500 triggers.

Anachron

Reaction score
45 librarys.

Librarys != Triggers.
Also its fast, flexible and is nearly as well as World of Warcrafts one.

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
I don't like the fact that it is full screen ; ). I'm more for movable windows or at least side UI with arrows to expand and compress : p.

Also it using the escape key isn't too cool in my opinion. You could use a dummy backpack unit or add an item or something.

Let's say that you are in a battle and you want to change equipment.. or you are looting, or well.. doing something while you are fighting. Full screen inventory makes it impossible to even see what's going on while you are in inventory >.<

Here is an example of what I'm talking about-
WC3ScrnShot_090209_225157_01.png

That's using a library from wc3c.

I would personally never use a full screen menu no matter what it was ^_^. Yea, it looks really beautiful and what not, but it would just be so much better if you split up the windows.. I haven't read through the code yet, but that's my initial take. Code is really big, so it makes it a bit daunting to look through. Also I hiss at JASS now : P, lol.

Anachron

Reaction score
Hmm, you can post the screenshot by uploading it to imageshack.
And why? I already uploaded to 2 different websites the identical images. This is redundancy dude.

I don't like the fact that it is full screen ; ). I'm more for movable windows or at least side UI with arrows to expand and compress : p.
You know that you are free to make that addon for my CustomInventory?
I called it CustomInventory because its not a must to be fullscreen. Its basically an Inventory that you can customize how you want.

Also it using the escape key isn't too cool in my opinion. You could use a dummy backpack unit or add an item or something.
Yes, I will try to let it check whether you are inside a spellbook or something or not.

Let's say that you are in a battle and you want to change equipment.. or you are looting, or well.. doing something while you are fighting. Full screen inventory makes it impossible to even see what's going on while you are in inventory >.<
That's why I made your hero being able to do actions while in inventory.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about-
That's using a library from wc3c.
Yes it's nice.

I would personally never use a full screen menu no matter what it was ^_^. Yea, it looks really beautiful and what not, but it would just be so much better if you split up the windows.. I haven't read through the code yet, but that's my initial take. Code is really big, so it makes it a bit daunting to look through. Also I hiss at JASS now : P, lol.
Well, because of that functionality code is that big ;-)

You are free to write an API for the DGUI too.
(By the way, I would NEVER use such system since it will make the camera fuck up and/or decrease the map speed alot, especially on multiplayer its really getting laggy.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
DGUI's Camera may do that but really the whole point of it is to track the player's camera. So if you cna write your own camera system that keeps track of the camera, then you can use DGUI.

EDIT: Btw great job with this system +rep

Anachron

Reaction score
#Updates

• Prerelease of a new version, fixing several bugs.
  • Huge code update.
  • Fixed potentional bug places.
  • Now works faster due to new index method: Direct table 1:1 indexing.
  • Now the to fast item pickup bug should be fixed.
  • Minimap isn't black anymore.
  • Tried to fix the picking up items to fast-bug. Please test.
  • Fixed sorting engine of slots.
  • Now only weapons can be equipped into the hand slots.
  • White icon bug fixed.

Anachron

Reaction score
Update.

• Important Fixed all bugs with indexing and such. Enjoy.
  • Important Removed the bug again. Hopefully it won't bug anymore.
  • Important indexing fix of items. Now the 'Already have item' bug can again appear, but shouldn't matter on next pickup. This is due wc3, I will check if I can get an workaround.

SanKakU

Reaction score
so...is it true that right now you only have 4 slots for active use items? or is that just potions? also, i don't see instructions for adding items anywhere...but i can guess at what to do by reading everything of course.

can you explain the following?

static if LIBRARY_CIBonus then
set .amr = .origin.amr
set .dmg = .origin.dmg
set .str = .origin.str
set .agy = .origin.agy
set .int = .origin.int
set .lr = .origin.lr
set .mr = .origin.mr
set .as = .origin.as
set .ms = .origin.ms
set .hp = .origin.hp
set .mp = .origin.mp
set .sr = .origin.sr
endif

what's lr, sr, mr? i'm guessing amr is armor. the rest is easily guessable and/or it's in the test area and i tested the testing items already.

Anachron

Reaction score
LR = Liferegeneration
SR = Sightrange
MR = Manaregeneration.

You can add/remove items by forcing hero to pickup/drop them.

is it true that right now you only have 4 slots for active use items?
Yes.

SanKakU

Reaction score
LR = Liferegeneration
SR = Sightrange
MR = Manaregeneration.

You can add/remove items by forcing hero to pickup/drop them.

Yes.

great. although i'm not sure why you said that about dropping or picking up items. i meant the items in the trigger.

do you just add or remove them in the "Test" trigger? well, i suppose since the system isn't done yet, you'll eventually have an instruction trigger in there somewhere. in the meantime it looks like there's plenty of experimentation to be had.

but yeah...i'll be sure to throw more questions out there if i can't figure out the answers easily on my own while experimenting with your item system.

edit: just one more question for now. you said there was only 4 slots for active use items. i know this question is redundant, but are the other two slots able to do nothing at all?

Anachron

Reaction score
The two slots are there to make a buffer so you can pickup items even when the wc3 inventory is full.

This is temporary until I've made the powerup module.

Anachron

Reaction score
# Update - 0.2.0.A

• Important Fixed a bug that did freeze item moving.
  • Important Fixed a blizzard bug due to the first pickup is triggered twice. Weird.
  • Important Fixed all bugs with indexing and such. Enjoy.

Anachron

Reaction score
Guys, I want feedback!

Tell me what you need, what you want, etc.
The UI will be remade (by Elenai) until then please tell me what you need.

eclypt

Reaction score
Heya Anachron, i've also have here your Iventory system. but in my ORPG it would be better if i have the "Skin" of this Iventory looking like my Future GUI / or Game Interface. can you work on this for me? or it's much to me ask for? or (lol) i can change? O_O

anyway. sorry for bad english

Anachron

Reaction score
Hello eclypt, the skin automatically changes if you change the Human UI Skin.
I also plan a skin update for the next versions, while this will be looking like Diablo3, not like WoW or Warcraft anymore. (So its useful for most RPG makers)

See you :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.