Campaign Warcraft IV: The New Age - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidove

Reaction score
Cover sound awesome man =)! Those the unit that covers play a certain animation or only get's invisible when goes behind a cliff/hill/water etc?

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I think I sort of pitched cover wrong to you guys.

I'm going to make an invisible unit, called say HeavyCoverDummy or something, with Faulty, Light, or Heavy Cover Aura. I feel stupid; I forgot to mention that the units under cover get an armor bonus.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Let me draw it out for you

O = Rock
S = Your Soldiers
A = Attackers

AAAAAAAAA

OOOOOS
SSSSSS

Your soldiers receive an armor bonus because they are near rocks, which have cover bonuses (bonus armor). the attackers are not around rocks, so they have no cover/armor bonus. Normally, the attackers would win the fight, but seeing as how your soldiers are around cover, they win because they are harder to kill (Due to the armor bonus from cover).

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
So locust unit with auras type of deal? I like maps using these, it gives a need to think before acting, beyond using roar ;)

captainrads

Reaction score
Yeah this sounds pretty good, sorta like cliffs and using terrain to your advantage. Maybe add some water units too, I dunno if you plan to use the Naga in the campaign or anything.

captainrads

Reaction score
Since there hasn't been a post for two days, I checked the front page out and saw this:
- Ideas for: Necrolord. Undead Intellect Hero
How about this for abilities:
Soul Rip: Damages a living unit and heals the Necrolord for the same amount. Increasing levels increases damage dealt and life healed. (50, 100, 200 damage/healing)
Carrion Cover: Targets an area and fills it with Blighted Mist, healing undead units and damaging living units. Increasing levels increases area of effect and amount healed/damaged. (1%,2%,3% life drain/gain; 300, 350,400 AOE)
Grasp of the Fallen: The hands of fallen warriors grab units in an area, rendering them unable to move or attack.(3,5,7 second hold(1,2,3 for heroes), 150,200,250 AOE)
(Ultimate)Death Mastery: Passive, has a chance to either take control of an undead unit on attack or animate a killed unit back to life. Re-animated units are vulnerable and last 30 seconds. (10% to take control/animate dead)

I might have ideas for the Battle Maiden later.
EDIT:
- Ideas for: Battle Maiden. Human Agility Hero
Lets see what I can come up with...how about this:
Parry: Passive, has a chance to either dodge attacks or reflect them back to their source. (10%,20%, 30% dodge; 5%, 10%, 15% reflect)
Speed Burst: When activated, gives a bonus to move and attack speed. (15%, 30%, 45% move, 10%,20%,30% attack.)
Sonic Speed: Targets a point and moves to it instantly, mana cost depends on distance traveled. A sonic boom spreads outward from the path taken, damaging and knocking units back.
(Ultimate)Battle Cry: Gives all units a bonus to damage, attack speed, armor, and hitpoint regeneration around the Maiden when used. (+25%dmg and att speed, +5 armor and 200% hp regen.)

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
I've made a rather simple reskin of the footman unit to fit my icons, still some minor jinxes to work out but I think it looks OK.

reskinFootmanToScarlet.jpg

(For you negative guyses out there, no it's not a pure recolor, it has altered stuff here and there.)

//==GooS

PS: Hate the shield spike!

wc3shady

Reaction score
@GooS:
I like it, but I already have a model for the guy. And I don't want to use simply a recolored footman.

@ captainrads:

I actually completed necrolord already, but thanks anyways.

And I like the Battle Maiden, but I'm going to change it around a bit. (Also, Sonic Speed is similar to an ability I think I have for another hero)

Parry: Passive; Chance to fully reflect attacks
Swift Judgement: Self-Targetable; Increases attack speed and chance to Parry for X seconds.
Precipitated Burst: Unit-Targetable; Attacks an enemy rapidly within a second, attacking the number of times equal to her agility divided by 3.
Execute: Unit-Targetable Ultimate; After 1.5 seconds, the Battle Maiden deals 450 damage to a single target, plus 150 more damage if Swift Judgement is activated.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Guys, I'm starting to lose faith in this project.

I'm at a stand still in actual development until I find a modeler and a JASSer.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Guys, I'm starting to lose faith in this project.

I'm at a stand still in actual development until I find a modeler and a JASSer.

:( don't give up, I've had my losses of faith every now and then. Look at the production of my project, it is really slow. But still hold onto it until you get more enthusiastic about it again. Trust me you do not want to lose a great project like this :(

burne-

Reaction score
So this project failed afterall (not suprised). I seriously doubt people will want to join to a project that has 0% mapping done. I also find it hard to find reliable team members so you can pretty much say goodbye.

Its just how mapping in wc3 is atm.....

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
So this project failed afterall (not suprised). I seriously doubt people will want to join to a project that has 0% mapping done. I also find it hard to find reliable team members so you can pretty much say goodbye.

Who said it failed or has been canceled? He said he is loosing faith in the project... Also, he has done some mapping :thup:

wc3shady

Reaction score

Yeah, like kingbdogz said. I've done mapping. I have handful of some of the models ready, i have the melee map completed, units done, triggers done, etc. I mean come on, "So this project failed afterall (not surprised)." that just pisses me off. I'm not quitting.

radromity

TH.net Regular
Reaction score

/facepalm this project im pretty shure hasent failed yet he said hes STARTIng to lose faith ... read next time -rep :p yes im pissed at him
(edit im glad your still doing it :thup:)

wc3shady

Reaction score
So, I'm going to make a list of all of the things I need to do at the moment, and you can help or offer to help if you want.

- Make a Website (I'll be trying, but I haven't the slightest clue how)
- Logo (I tried, but I failed)
- Models (If your looking to help, I'll give you a model list
- JASS Abilities
- Figuring Out the Statistics (Easy, but painstakingly boring. Don't worry about this one)
- Human Unit Ideas
- Voice Actors (Last and least. I have a lot to do before I really need it, but it would be nice to have the voices ready)

captainrads

Reaction score
So, I'm going to make a list of all of the things I need to do at the moment, and you can help or offer to help if you want.

- Make a Website (I'll be trying, but I haven't the slightest clue how)
- Logo (I tried, but I failed)
- Models (If your looking to help, I'll give you a model list
- JASS Abilities
- Figuring Out the Statistics (Easy, but painstakingly boring. Don't worry about this one)
- Human Unit Ideas
- Voice Actors (Last and least. I have a lot to do before I really need it, but it would be nice to have the voices ready)
I can do the website, I'm in a web design class right now and I need something I can make a site about.

As for Human Units:
Cannon: Slow, heavy ranged unit. Can learn the Grapeshot upgrade, giving the cannon a large AOE attack.
Jouster: Jousting warrior mounted on horseback. Can learn the Lancer upgrade, allowing this unit's attacks to strike through units.
Automatron: Giant mechanical unit, used for absorbing damage and dealing slow, heavy attacks.
Cleric: Supportive caster unit, has the Healing Light ability(Channeled, AOE healing) and can learn the Scribe(Preserves a units status for a few seconds-including health, mana, and buffs) ability and the Cleanse Evil(AOE purge) ability.
That's all I've got right now, let me know if there's anything specific you need as far as units go or if you'd like me to handle the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.