ways to change the "base" damage of a unit?

sithin

Reaction score
so like i want to make it so a hero starts off with low "base" damage but when weilds a sword it gets increased to like 100, and when drops it go's back down to 10.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
there is an item ability that increases attack damage

I think it's called "Damage slice bonus" or somthin

and add the ability to the item

sithin

Reaction score
yeah i dun want the shity anoying +100 green crap, just want pure damage, was thinking about usen a upgrade system, but u cant go backwards in upgrades...

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
unless you replace the unit when he acquires the item with the same unit but with higher damage and vice versa, there is no possible way

you could set his primary attribute to increase only damage though and do it that way

sithin

Reaction score
cos if a hero had 10 +100 damage and the 10 stayed the same thru out the game but the +100 changed per weapon he used it would just look messy

sithin

Reaction score
unless i didnt give them an attack, as in 0 damage so theres no icon then gave them the ability "attack" and made damage triggered based....
but the hero would have no icon what so ever...

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
Does it have to be a MUI way? If you just have a quite limited amount of heroes per player (like max 4 or 5) it'll be easy to do using upgrades.

Cookiemaster

Reaction score
I believe he means that he doesn't want the 10~20 (or whatever) to increase to 110~120, but to something more like 10~120 or 60~120.

I don't know how to do this what-so-ever. ;-;

Besides morphs.

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hmm u can increase main stats of hero to increase base damage

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Fking... Can't you guys just tell him that you can make a custom upgrade that adds unit damage without that green stuff.

You just need a little time with the triggers while making this work...

Another one will force you to make a different unit and crap like that.

BTW, why not +100? It shows the bonus value of the sword!

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
No this wont* If you read his post clearly he says he wants it to go BACK down when he drops the item, this is by far impossible to do with Upgrades. I'm sorry if I was a little blunt, I just dont like people yelling rudely:
Vicboy said:
about something incorrect.

*the opposite to will

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
If you just want a static/constant increase, that is no problem at all. Go to your Ability editor, search and find:
Item Permanent Damage Gain.

Use this as a base for two custom abilities, set one of the abilities data to 100, the other two -100.

Go to your Item editor and base two custom items of a random item. Add one custom ability to each custom item, set Use Automatically When Aquired for both to true.

Now when you want your units base damage increased, add the item which you added the custom ability with the positive value. When you want it decreased, add the item which you added the custom ability with negative values.

sithin

Reaction score
perfect, alittle tricky but it will work to exacrtly the way i want it, thanks tom

ahh cant make it -100?

edit: nvm shift click ftw

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.