Weapons and functions

J

Just a guest

I am planning to make a map. In this map you play an individual trooper in the middle of a battlefield. (Anno 2005/sci-fi)

The weapons system is simple.
When you pick upp an item (weapon,) an uppgrade is finished.
By opening a "spellbook" (inventory,) you can click on abilities that changes your weapon.
The items changes the attack of the hero.

EX: The "Lighning Orb" ability with a version of "Storm Bolt" makes a nice rocket launcher.

I would appreaciate it if you could come up with ideas for more weapons.
(Anything; Molotov Coctail Projector, Tesla coil, Matter imploder, beer can launcher...)

Please also include how these weapons can be made.

It would also be appreaciated if anyone could tell me how to make the weapons "dropable."

Thank you in advance.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I can't really think of any weapon ideas right now, but to make them dropable, go to the item, and change the value "Item is dropable - False" to true.

Sounds like a fun game, but also would be hard to make. (Also, you should be registered to start a project, as the name of the forum IS "Members' Projects"

TPOX

Reaction score
I made a system of my own,

Used guns ranging form unreal tournament to quake.

When you pick up an item(gun) it gives u the shoot ability.

The gun you are using has to be in slot one.

Theres a rotate button so u can rotate between all the guns you carry instead of having to manually do it.

With no gun you cant attack.

Ammo runs on trees, when ur trees run out you have to reload.

Each item(gun) has a certain amount of charges, every time u shoot you lose a charge. When all charges are gone the gun is useless.

If you pick on a gun and already have it, it will reload your gun to max charges. Or you could just throw it out and pick it up but the other way would be easier.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
TPOX said:
I made a system of my own,

Used guns ranging form unreal tournament to quake.

When you pick up an item(gun) it gives u the shoot ability.

The gun you are using has to be in slot one.

Theres a rotate button so u can rotate between all the guns you carry instead of having to manually do it.

With no gun you cant attack.

Ammo runs on trees, when ur trees run out you have to reload.

Each item(gun) has a certain amount of charges, every time u shoot you lose a charge. When all charges are gone the gun is useless.

If you pick on a gun and already have it, it will reload your gun to max charges. Or you could just throw it out and pick it up but the other way would be easier.

I played a game that had this almost exact system (Gunzone). By trees you mean wood, right? (The game used wood for grenades, and gold for ammo. It also added the shoot ability, but it didnt have the rotate gun thing, or slot 1 only).

TPOX

Reaction score
eh whats gunzone? maybe i could get ideas from it.

i have what no one has tho, a zoomable sniper rifle.... just it splits the server occasionally, its a 50/50. >.<

My shooting is dummy casting tho, dummy spell and units r the bullet looks good but i dunno if it will leak/lag alot.

J

Just a guest

Don't post more!

I have fixed it! No need to help anymore.

(Instead of upgrades I used units. By using units I could remove them when I dropped the gun.)

Now all I need to know is how to close a thread?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.