What are some of the best laptop brands?

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
My current laptop is a Toshiba Satellite and I have never had any problems with it. I know a few people with a HP and they have continually had problems.

codemonkey

Code monkey not crazy, just proud.
Reaction score
DELL has quality and good support. I also recommend ASUS. Whatever you do don't buy an Acer laptop, I have had several bad experiences with them in the past. :banghead:

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
I just go for whichever one has a laptop model that I liked. Be it Dell, Asus, Acer, Apple, HP...

Yes, still wanting a small one with long lasting, removable battery.

KillerChi

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't make it clear, I was looking for the most reliable brands. As in, I wanted to know the companies with the most reliability as a whole. I was looking for a more middle-of-the-line laptop, some light gaming, like SC2, but, that'd be it. In addition, I was simply curious what you guys liked the best.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Apple is the most reliable brand IMO. Macs don't really have many hardware issues (I say that from experience), on the occasion they do, Apple have great customer support. With a MBP, I'd say the 15" Core i5 @ 2.4GHz is middle of the line.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
$1800 is middle of the line? maybe you should say your price range instead of "middle"

I would recommend this dell
and use: CLR-MSAFL-35%-PC for 35% off
total comes down to $714 + S&H

CPU: Intel Core i5 430M, 2.53 GHz
graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670 1 GB
mem: 4 GB DDR3 1333 MHz
screen: LED backlit (1600 x 900)
HDD: 500 GB SATA 7200 RPM

it won't play SC2 @ max settings, but it will on med-high and is fairly cheap

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
$1800 is middle of the line? maybe you should say your price range instead of "middle"
I said "with a MBP" such and such is middle of the line, and the low end 15" MBP is, middle of the line.
I would recommend this dell
and use: CLR-MSAFL-35%-PC for 35% off
total comes down to $714 + S&H

CPU: Intel Core i5 430M, 2.53 GHz
graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670 1 GB
mem: 4 GB DDR3 1333 MHz
screen: LED backlit (1600 x 900)
HDD: 500 GB SATA 7200 RPM

it won't play SC2 @ max settings, but it will on med-high and is fairly cheap
That's a pretty good deal if you can get it for 35% off, it does have poor battery life though.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
its an LED screen and you probably wont be trying to purposely drain your batteries.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
its an LED screen and you probably wont be trying to purposely drain your batteries.
No, but that'll very likely be 5 hours of light usage at 50% brightness, just saying that appears to be the only con off those specs. Aren't most laptops screens today LED? Or is that something else I'm thinking of?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Aren't most laptops screens today LED? Or is that something else I'm thinking of?
no, most of them aren't, I think only the tiny netbooks have them more often then laptops

either way if the OP wanted long batter life, they should have said so, since laptops that play games generally won't have long battery lives

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Chances are you'll be playing plugged in, anyway.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
no, most of them aren't, I think only the tiny netbooks have them more often then laptops
Oh ok
either way if the OP wanted long batter life, they should have said so, since laptops that play games generally won't have long battery lives
I don't know if he does or not, I was just pointing out, that of all of it's specs that was the only weak link IMO, which isn't a problem if he doesn't intend to use it unplugged.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.