What could cause the game to quit?

johnnymra

Reaction score
The problem is that now i just don't figure out what happens.
I worked for some time at my map... made many changes but basically triggers and items. The thing is that i tried to test it... ingame and in the loading screen... about when the bar fills ~70%~ it just kicks me to desktop... like i would press Alt+F4.
Can someone tell me what can cause this to verify possible mistakes and hopefully correct them?

Thanks, anticipated :)

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Something specific loads at around each %, if I'm not mistaken.
Although I don't know what it is at 70%.

Just check through your triggers I'd say.
Look for anything 'weird' that could cause it.

johnnymra

Reaction score
Well i just don't have anything weird... i don't use many variables and i don't even need so many... as far as i know there isn't anything that could cause it... and i can't just remove and re-add every piece of trigger from top to bottom to see what's the problem.

EDIT: and yes, you are right... something specific loads at each % but i don't know which is where...

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
You could do trial and error.
Disable half your triggers.
If the map loads, it's a trigger in the other half.
If it doesn't, cut that half, in half again.
Just keep going until you find the problem..

Additionally, you could just disable triggers you edited, and do the half thing until you find the one.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
do like Wolfie said
and start by turning off the initialization triggers, since the crash occurs during loading

Reaction score
Remember that some trigger actions don't work on map initialisation.

Additionally, you could just disable triggers you edited, and do the half thing until you find the one.

Just to clean that up a bit:

Disable some of your functions. If your map then loads, the bug is in one of the functions that you disabled. Otherwise it's in one of the functions that are still enabled, so you can narrow it down to one half or the other.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
It might be something that references to itself. It happened to me a few times before: An Orb ability with the Effect Ability field being itself, and a Spellbook containing itself. I think it might be one of those, although it might also be an infinite loop like Trigger A with the action Run Trigger A.

WaterKnight

Reaction score
It should be an infinite recursion, as KaerfNomekop suspected. Check for Trigger - Execute-actions as well as events that can be run through triggers without delay like Unit takes damage or Unit acquires/drops item. I have seen them quite often involved with that problem.

keychup

Reaction score
Probably a trigger. The best way to find out is by removing all of your triggers one at a time and test it until the game finally lets you load to 100%. Try doing it on the most recent changes first, the problem should be there. You'll know which trigger is causing problems once you remove the one which caused the trouble. If it's not the trigger, try your most recent objects.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Doing one at a time isn't very efficient.
Like I said, disable half, and if it works, the bad trigger is in the disabled half.
If it still doesn't work, the bad trigger is in the enabled half.
Turn off half of the still enabled ones, and keep going by halfs until eventually you're down to the one causing the problem.

keychup

Reaction score
Eheh. But the problem is obviously a recent Trigger. You don't have to start from trigger no.1. Start from the last change you made because the problems that are being caused are obviously the new ones you made. You already know that the first old triggers work fine, right?

johnnymra

Reaction score
Yes the old ones were working fine. I will try as you all said, disabling half, and half... and so on. I'll see if i can get it fixed.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score

:)
And it could be a problem with an old trigger, which is now conflicting with a recently changed one.

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Check your tooltips. I found out a couple of days ago that if you accidentally use a full-stop instead of a comma when writing raw data codes, then it will crash the game at 60-70% loading. What I mean is, if you're using something like this: <A00L,DataA1>, make sure you haven't typed <A00L.DataA1>, or the game will crash while loading. I thought I should mention this when you said you had modified items. If that doesn't work, then disable your triggers one by one, until the game loads properly, then you'll know which one causes the crash. It may be time-consuming, but it is effective.

@Wolfie & keychup: What's up with you guys? Between the two of you, you've been filling up several threads, sometimes with unnecessary posts. Case in point: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/164788-need-help-for-detect?p=1352700#post1352700

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
We should see what the OP has to say, if he comes back.
And I never knew a period could crash a map, interesting.

Also, don't see how that was pointless posts.
It ended in multiple ways for that user to do what he needed :)

johnnymra

Reaction score
da1nOnlyed, it's not from that... i don't use such fields... i always write down the data because it's easier for me. And the game doesn't crash... because it doesn't give any error. It only quits while reaching a 60-70% loading.
Also i must say :( i disabled even all triggers at once and it's not from them... the game still quits. It could be from items but i don't see what could cause this... any ideas?

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Upload your map and I will take a look.
Feel free to PM me a mediafire link or something if you don't want it publicly uploaded.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.