What is the best anti virus out on the market

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
I want to format my PC and take Norton's off it seems to be a bad anti virus for gaming as it tends to use quite a bit off CPU all the time I'm willing to pay for the anti virus to.
thanks in ahead

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
Macafee is good it is used by the danish army (my aun'ts husband gave me a license :p)

Rad

Reaction score
We get a free copy of mcafee from Comcast, I hate it.

Most antivirus are too obtrusive, they try to be too many things at once rather than focus on the main objective. What are you looking for in your antivirus program?

For just virus scan and delete, just get avg. I think it even gives you the live protection and what not... I disable it all.

I just do periodic scans, you don't need an antivirus unless your careless with your internet :)

Of course, to keep your computer smooth and steady you need to scan at least once a month, run disk defrag, check for spyware and check your startup programs.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
I am using Avast!.

Well, I agree to what Rad had said. If you do care on what website you're surfing, you don't even need an antivirus.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't personally use a virus scanner and I have never had a virus. I use Windows Defender for spyware and some of that has snuck through before but no viruses. I just don't download programs off the Internet unless I am 100% sure about the site I am downloading from.

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
I’m pretty carefully with what I do, it's just a safety thing more than anything plus between me and my friends there is the msn virus which sends it self on, going around which is not someone thing I want to get on my new laptop xD

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
I'd go with Kaspersky, its the best one I've tried so far. McAfee is a bit sluggish for my taste, F-Secure has too many anoying pop ups.

They say kaspersky's firewall slows down your internet speed by up to 50% but I haven't noticed that so far. I haven't had any prblems with games with kaspersky, its only my router that blocks them.

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
When i did my co-op at a computer repair store i found out that AVG free edition is better than most anti virus programs that you'll pay for. When they tested it against avast, norton, mcafee, avast and a bunch other. if you buy the proffessional version or the spyware one also its even better. only thing is avg update options kinda suck and really lags your pc when updating and scanning. i use it but update when i want to.

P

ppd10526

No one here uses ESET Nod 32? It is the BEST AV I have ever used. I have tried so many and they all seem to obtrusive or eat up too much ram, cpu etc. NOD32 is so quiet that I forget its even running 95% of the time. And it has stopped many a virus attempts and it can even stop a virus download before u download the file. It will tell you and say it already disconnected the file download. I've tried norton, mcafee, kaspersky, avg, and a few others. NOD32 to me is still the best I have ever used. Simple, lite, and efficient.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
^I used to use that too.
Now I use ESET Security Center.
Firewall + Anti-Spyware + Anti-Virus (including Virus Scanner) in one program.
Same features as NOD32, just some extra features.

Reaction score
I wonder how this many AVP's can be the best. I am using F-Secure, because I got it for free from my computer technician :p.

Rad

Reaction score
I got my first virus alert today, after using AVG for well over two months and Avast! for a week or more...

:O!

But it was just one of my shutdown programs I made, classified it as malware because it shuts down your computer I guess.

What a joke :rolleyes:

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
ESET NOD 32

Works wonders.
No CPU usage at all , moniters in / out traffics and easy to make allow list.
Like if a keylogger tries to send info back to his server I can block it.

Also its actively scanning stuff I d/l , if its infected its auto put into quarantine.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>>No CPU usage at all
OmG?! It means it is freezed and jammed?
I doubt that a program needs no CPU usage... Expecially AntiVirus Prog.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Well Avast let me down and could not fix a computer I had so I can't recommend it anymore. I am going to try the EST Nod 32 and let you guys know how it works on what Avast and Norton can't fix.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.