What kind of maps will sc2 have?

chanta45

Reaction score
What about custom melees? Am I the only one who likes them? Things like sim ant in the original starcraft were fun, if anyone remembers

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I liked the Alternate Melee games with overpowered Protoss ;) Just make the photon cannons (or phase cannons in SC2) and boom, you're set. Mass some lots or goons and attack.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know why people are using 'DotA'.
Remember, DotA is based on AoS - A Starcraft map.

Chances are, the original AoS name will be used.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Honestly, there better not be another DotA.
I nearly quit Wc3 because of it.
Now, were not starting an arguement here. Make a new topic.

But, I think there will be some interesting maps I think.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
If there was a 64 player RTS, I'd be like "Zomg. I can use this to make ubermap..."

I would make an FPS with it. An FPS with uber physics and gameplay. :D Because if SC2 could handle 64 players, it'd most certainly handle 12 players with uber-pc-heavy systems.

>AoS

I say "No one really knows AoS" because I've seen people call it other stuff. I.E. AoE o_o'

chanta45

Reaction score
--lol I hope there is some zerg based evolution/colony game.. That would be amazing. I also am looking forward to FPS, because i'm pretty damn sure blizzard is going to make the editor A-M-A-Z-I-N-G after seeing what happened with the wc3 edit. I miss SC though

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Yeah :( I lost my old SC games. I loved the bounds. Which is why I'm going to make them for SC2 :) I loved bounds and always wanted to make Bounds for SC1, except I was so froob I couldn't figure anything out... I sucked ballsack XD

Tooblet

Reaction score
huge mega multiplayuer campaign

I wonder if the multiplayer campaign will be like 1-4 feature or the whole 14 player 100mb lets play this for a whole month feature..

anyways, I'm interested in doing like a complete and massive orpg game if the multiplayer campaign can be playen on b.net

also really looking forward to how you can push the terraining to rediculous lengths and making that insanely awesome looking rpg that just rapes your eyepussies... sorry for language :D

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
I hope they have a new make of Lost Temple.
That map is an all time favorite.

MerrillPhish

Reaction score
Does anyone remember that sc map maker

Panzer Kavalier (something like that)

he made Special Marine Forces, Star ship troopers, and D-Day...

he was my favorite map making ever, is games were so fun.

i dont know at what I am trying to get at.

Does anyone know if that guy is still around?

MerrillPhish

Reaction score
I think:

80% DotA
10% DotA wannabe's
5% RPG and Tower Defense
5% Mazes/Bounds (as they were called in the good old days. Anyone remember Level Up Bound? :))

dude I made level up bound for WC3

its called bomb bound check it out!!!

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
I'm mostly hoping that the Battle.net interface gets a major overhaul. For one, it'd be nice to have more filter options (such as for number of players or perhaps even pre-set map genres that authors can define). Critical to helping less-popular maps get attention. Nothing's more irritating than scrolling through a list of DotA games and frantically pressing the refresh button until you find something else.

DarkRevenant

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Don't kid yourself; WarCraft III battle net IS DotA. Every other map is just a tiny grain of sand in comparison to its gargantuan size.

However, it will not translate well to StarCraft II because, well, it's so deeply entrenched in WarCraft III. It'll take YEARS to gain momentum in StarCraft II, and by that time a new map (or, i hope, multitude of maps) will take its place.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Dark, it will be one map. Trust me. Though I totally agree with your post.... that is why I am moving on to maiking real games now... not for warcraft but real online games... that hopefully will be more popular then my wc3 maps :p

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
the 20k defense maps are amusing to say the least.

I hope they Recreate Desert Strike Queen in SC2 with moar features.
(Starcraft version of castle fight but slightly more fun)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.