whats the best method?

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
sorry my explanation is going to be rushed, cos i have bwt 2 mins.

what method would u guyz recommend for the upgrading of towers for a team?

like an item/unit trained as a dummy unit and then leveling up the building?

or an ability on every hero to cast and upgrade??

---

EDIT:

okay i have more time now, so i can explain better.
im on a team right, and i want to upgrade the tower. the best looking way is to have it so i select the tower and upgrade it, but would it be easier to do it through that long method using training units, or should i make each hero have an ability and when the hero casts the ability on a building, it then upgrades?

open to all opinions/comments.

rafaxik

Reaction score
Upgrading it direct from the tower may be better... If you give an ability to hero that when he casts on tower, this ability will have cooldown, and if other teammate wants to upgrade it, may crash the trigger, once the upgrade has already begun.
It's better one upgrade button for a whole team instead of one less ability for the hero (unless you remove the ability with a trigger..)

I hope I've helped you, and sorry for my bad english :(

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
no ur enlish is fine.

the upgrade of the tower is triggered and therefore instant. so that porblem isnt there, i know that it would look better if the upgrade or whatever was from the building itslf but i cant seem to find a way to allow an ability to be cast from the building without sharing control.

i dont want control shared.

any ideas?

---

my original idea, was when a unit is trained from the building, then it auto upgrades. but i had a problem that the price couldnt change and that the icon wouldnt. aswell as making it 4 teams takes alot of triggering.

soo any other solutions? anyone?

rafaxik

Reaction score
no ur enlish is fine.

the upgrade of the tower is triggered and therefore instant. so that porblem isnt there, i know that it would look better if the upgrade or whatever was from the building itslf but i cant seem to find a way to allow an ability to be cast from the building without sharing control.

i dont want control shared.

any ideas?

---

my original idea, was when a unit is trained from the building, then it auto upgrades. but i had a problem that the price couldnt change and that the icon wouldnt. aswell as making it 4 teams takes alot of triggering.

soo any other solutions? anyone?

Well, I'm not in home so I can't help you as much as I want, but, if my mind's not playing a trick on me, I guess there's a trigger to Set Current Tech Reaserch Level or Something like that...
You should detect with unit starts an effect of an ability, and then set the upgrade level.
And then you remove the ability or just set cooldown equal to your desired time or yet, level up the ability.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
yes but then i want the icon to change and the gold cost, that might look better with training a unit or buying an item of type tome or something.

an ability isnt as changable as i would hope it to be, so im still open to suggestions.

no ur enlish is fine.

english* lol.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
You'd need to make a separate ability for each icon you want to use.

ah ok, thot so.

but this does not 'look' so great. cos i wanted it to show different gold costs.

um yea upgrade might work. il try that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.