Whats Wrong With My Trigger ?!?!?!

obucke

Reaction score
k guys im new to trigger enhanced spells but , there just inst an explanation for this... I made a fireball of of the Warlocks Firebolt (unit) and the spell isnt a dummy , it deals dmg to the target and stuns it , as it should , BUT i made a trigger to deal just a little AoE dmg but the shit aint working !!!! Anyway ...this is my trigger:
Fireball
Events
Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Fireball (Warlock)
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 150.00 of (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) matching ((((Triggering unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Owner of (Picked unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (20.00 x (Real((Level of Fireball (Warlock) for (Casting unit))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
1. use "starts the effect of"
2. it leaks both a point and a unit group
3. matching unit not triggering unit, the triggering unit is the caster

darkbeer

Beer is Good!
Reaction score
should be:

Code:
Fireball
Events
Unit - A unit starts the Effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Fireball (Warlock)
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 150.00 of (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) matching (((([COLOR="Red"]Matching Unit[/COLOR]) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Owner of ([COLOR="Red"]Matching unit[/COLOR])) is an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (20.00 x (Real((Level of Fireball (Warlock) for (Casting unit))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire

should work now

obucke

Reaction score
1. use "starts the effect of"
2. it leaks both a point and a unit group
3. matching unit not triggering unit, the triggering unit is the caster

K 1st i tried both none seam to work ...
2nd im new to WE so i dono leaks ...( would be nice if u could tell me where they r and what to do to make them disappear
3rd the triggering unit is the target of ability being cast

Darkbear ure right it was the matching unit , not picked :D thx both of u guys for ure attention :) And btw if u have spare time take a look at my other problem http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=85726 c what can i do to make that1 happen ..

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
well "finishes casting" is only slightly different, finishes casting is like when the fireball is launched and b4 it actually lands, leaks are just good to learn early on so you dont have to fix a huge amount of them later, try looking at a tutorial like this one

obucke

Reaction score
K thx a lot , the tut look rly understandable :) ill go trough it tomorow , im tired as hell now ...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.