Which one do you like.

Chewbalka

Reaction score
These are both screenshots of my map through the world editor, it looks close to what the game is its just missing the enviromental effects. but more importantly im wondering what one of these you like best, i want to use 1 for the loading screen but hard to decide.
just incase you think there both crap i got a finished loading screen im already using im just hoping to 'upgrade' in a way lol.

27523356.png

38212686.png

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
Number 1: Very detailed... And dark. Moderately improve lighting maybe?
Just to a dim light around the person to make it seem spookier.. hehe...
besides, i can hardly see him, and I can't see the props to his right.

Number 2: Would freighten anyone in real life.. Not very detailed, add some more props!

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Number 1: Looks like a great setting, though I didn't realize the person was hanging there. Perhaps if he was swaying back and forth or more gory/skeleton-like. As of right now, he's a silhouette watching over a dark spooky room.

Number 2: Kind of empty, the corpse is a little bit too much in-focus. If you're planning on making a cinematic or something like that, things look a lot creepier when they're visible, but off to the side, where people don't notice them at first.

I think Number 1 has more potential, overall.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
i think actually if you move the hang man closer to the door way were you can notice him easier it would be Numba1

deathwarrior

Reaction score
Number one would be the best if it was not so dark where the human is

number two is great

so i would pick number 2 but if u fixed the lighting on number one it would get my vote

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
fix the lighting in the first one and that one would be the better one for sure
other wize for now the second one is better

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
Please correct your grammar.

It's "which" and not "witch" as you wrote. =(

Do you know what is witch?

Sir Gordon

Decent User (I'm as good as you)
Reaction score
Simply put, the first one focuses more on the environment, while the second one focuses on the units.

As a loading screen, though, I think that the first one is better, if only you could put some lighting behind that dark door, which could make the hanging man look less vague. Put a few torches ;)

Chewbalka

Reaction score
Heres of image of the same place ingame, the camera locks onto the unit, and changes alot through out the game, i try to make the camera have the area visable at all times so its why i used birds eye for buildings and have no roofs.

Anyway this is a ingame shot of the room in the first one, it looks alot diffreant. but its becuase the enviromental effects, the darkness (black fog) is the same as the pictures in the first post.

envi1.png

as you can see the torch bearly helps, but the ground is still visable so you can still see where your going. (the darkness really helps the scary feeling of the game)

Here is a new angle of Number 1 tryed to fix everything you guys said without changing the visibility. I put more torches, the dead guy does sway back and forth actually, but its a picture so...
31505613.png

(remember some of the quality will be gone to save map space)

Edit: if i move the guy more to the center of the door he blocks the door way.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
am I blind or the only thing that's visible in the upper pic is the torch?
the first pic is a "little" to dark and the second is a little too "bright"

something between would make it perfect:cool:

I dunno why you need many details while 90% of those things are invisible xd

I think that it would be cool making it possible to turn the lights on (create torches) and then BAM! dead bodies everywhere :p

btw this reminds me on a game I played once, where you are trapped in a dark room filled with corpses and blood and you must escape before a mad butcher kills you xd

Chewbalka

Reaction score
am I blind or the only thing that's visible in the upper pic is the torch?
the first pic is a "little" to dark and the second is a little too "bright"

something between would make it perfect:cool:

I dunno why you need many details while 90% of those things are invisible xd

I think that it would be cool making it possible to turn the lights on (create torches) and then BAM! dead bodies everywhere :p

btw this reminds me on a game I played once, where you are trapped in a dark room filled with corpses and blood and you must escape before a mad butcher kills you xd

I can see it perfectly when ingame, maybe your montier brightness/gamma is very low. but ill brighten it a bit up anyway by a small bit.

there will defenetly be lantern item that makes a glow around your character, in the map theres not much combat so im making it that in some places if you dont have the lantern on monsters will hurt you (there light sensitive :p) of course the lanterns only last a certain amount of time.

the map is sort of like a survival horrer but theres no combat but running, using objects/items to protect youself, such as blocking them off by hitting a leaver locking the door on the enemy, or turning on gas lines to burn something to death.

Theres Defenetly lots of scary surprises, and some nice sound effects to back it up :)

xxartanisxx

Reaction score
personally i would move the person in number one a tad closer and use that one... second one nothing is happening

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.