Why doesn't this trigger work

adeoin

Reaction score
I'm attempting to make a footman frenzy spawn system. But this wont work.

Code:
Events
    Time - Every 3.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
    Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Human Tier 1)) and do (Actions)
        Loop - Actions
            Unit - Create 1 Foot Soldier for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees

I've tried the food thingy so the food's not the problem.
Thanks In Advance

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
That group condition should be matching unit and the other triggering units should be picked unit

adeoin

Reaction score
thanks sharkbait! It works now but now theres another complication. When the Barracks dies it still spawns units. How do i stop this

Yoshii

Reaction score
thanks sharkbait! It works now but now theres another complication. When the Barracks dies it still spawns units. How do i stop this

Have the game check if there are a building of type barrack in map before spawning the footman. or have the game set the trigger off when the barrack is destroyed

adeoin

Reaction score
k so i did the second thing to stop the spawning. It works with one player but when it happens simultaneously it bugs up. It still spawns or one stops spawning at all even with the building. So how would i make it so multi players can use it. Here's my trigger:

Code:
Events
    Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
    (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Human Tier 1
Actions
    Trigger - Turn off Base 1 Human create <gen>
    Wait 0.50 seconds
    Trigger - Turn on Base 1 Human create <gen>

Base 1 Human create <gen> is the trigger i asked about earlier.

Code:
Events
    Time - Every 8.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
    Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Human Tier 1)) and do (Actions)
        Loop - Actions
            Unit - Create 1 Foot Soldier for (Owner of (Picked unit)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees

Kikac_NNGK

Reaction score
W8 a sec. I didnt understand u much. Do u want ur building to trains a unit every 8 seconds?

adeoin

Reaction score
yeah, its a building that spawns. it doesn't train, its kinda like the building in footmen frenzy

adeoin

Reaction score
yeah i got the spawn part down. but its the part where when the building is destroyed it should stop spawning but it still does. So thats my dilemma.
Could you help me there.

Kikac_NNGK

Reaction score
Well as it in my triggers, the structure trains the unit itself. U have to make the structure to be able to train those units. As the structure dies, the units cant be able to be trained from no building? If u didnt understand me i'll try to make a map for u, but tommorow. I feel kinda sleepy now.

adeoin

Reaction score
yeah i thought of that but i want it to spawn by triggers and stop spawning when it's dead. But thanks anyways ^^.

So anyone else know how to make it stop spawning when dead by triggers.

This is what i have so far

Code:
Code:
Events
    Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
Actions
    Wait 0.50 seconds
Base 1 Human create <gen> is the trigger i asked about earlier.

Code:
Code:
Events
Conditions
Actions
    Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Human Tier 1)) and do (Actions)
        Loop - Actions
            Unit - Create 1 Foot Soldier for (Owner of (Picked unit)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees

darkreapers

Reaction score
yeah i thought of that but i want it to spawn by triggers and stop spawning when it's dead. But thanks anyways ^^.

So anyone else know how to make it stop spawning when dead by triggers.

This is what i have so far

Code:
Code:
Events
    Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
Actions
    Wait 0.50 seconds

its because you are turning the trigger off, then on again so you will keep getting the respawn =)
if you want a noob way around this problem do this, create multiple spawn trigger based off multiple building.
what i mean is this, if you have 10 players, you make 10 t1 building.
then you will need to make 10 spawn trigger, one for each player.
in your "turn off trigger" you can turn off each individual spawn!!

so your code should look like this
Code:
Code:
Events
    Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
Actions

Code:
Code:
Events
    Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
    (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Human Tier 1<player2>
Actions
    Trigger - Turn off Base 1 Human create<player2> <gen>

and repeat.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Code:
Events
Conditions
Actions
    Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Human Tier 1) and ([B](Matching unit) is alive Equal to True)[/B]) and do (Actions)
        Loop - Actions

Check out the bolded stuff (it's a Boolean comparison). It checks if the unit is alive and then spawns the unit. Otherwise, nothing will be spawned. This is just another alternative which works, if you do not wish to turn off your trigger.

adeoin

Reaction score
@vypur: i like ur idea so how could incorporate the boolean comparison into the tirgger? would i need 2 triggers?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
No need 2 triggers if done my way. Just do as I posted.

In the drop down list, you're able to use the 'And'. Combine both the conditions 'Unit-type' and the 'Boolean'.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.