Why TH!?

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
I have done some searching on this beloved site, and have yet to come across any answer. What was TheHelper.net originally created for? From the name I would assume the tech forum, or General Tech Questions. But since then (if that is how it began), it seems that it has turned into a blizzard fan boy site! (which is a good thing, cuz' Blizzard is pretty slammin'!)

So anyone want to tell me some amazing TH history!?

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
ive been sorta wondering that myself, but i think it only starts off with a blizzard fanboys then becomes an all-round forum (well at least for me it did). if you search in like wc3 help or something in google thehelper.net is one of the first forums to pop up, thats how i found it. after that i stopped using it for the blizzard part and use it for the news and discussion and funny stuff in humor

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not 100%* certain about any of this, but from what I've heard:
TH was originally created for tech. support.
TheHelper worked for the Blizzard Help and Support team.
Somehow that influenced this site to be more blizzard orientated. :)

* - Heck. I'm not even 50% sure about any of this. :D

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
well how about that, well I guess you can delete this one now.

Thanks!

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Ya... to clarify something posted above... TH didn't work for Blizzard but was an active participant on their tech forums and was awarded special MVP status there. A couple of other got the status later. Blizzard eventually got rid of that program and their tech forums started to suck. This site sort of aimed to fill that void. In the last couple of years they have resumed taking their forums seriously and they've given that MVP status to a whole new generation, so we don't focus as much on Blizzard tech stuff here.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.