Wildkin Hero

Archideas

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm trying to create a Wildkin hero. Can't say I've seen one before. But as soon as I was about to make one, I encountered a problem; what should its title and name be?

Just putting:
<Name> the Wildkin, sounds kinda boring.

So I'd like to ask the people here to come up with ideas for a Wildkin hero. Name, title, and possibly a few spell ideas. And yes, this is for a map of mine. The Wildkin is supposed to act like a tank/melee so spell appropiate for that role is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Sunchips

Reaction score
You could refer it spells and so to a moonkin from wow because thats what it reminds me off ^^ so the title of the beast couold be something like "Moon beast" or likely, and the spells could be like moonfire, entangling roots and insect warm (very easy spells to make btw :p)

Sunchips

Reaction score
Well that's if you would like it to be a caster :p You can make the actually hero being a night elf druid of the talon from the start being able to cast those spells and so he has the wildkin form wich grants him tanking abilities :eek:

Archideas

Reaction score
"The Wildkin is supposed to act like a tank/melee so spells appropiate for that role is welcome." ;)

HellCraft

Reaction score
Bloodbeak - The Stormseeker
Role - An assassin-type tank
Theme - Wind, Lightning and Blood

Electric Vortex:
Creates an electric vortex at the target point, pulling nearby units into that point, those units also get purged(and maybe damaged?)
Works like Vaccum from Dark Seer in DotA

Hurricane:
A hurricane surrounds the Stormseeker, dealing damage per sec to whoever is within the AOE of the hurricane. Units that are in the AOE of hurricane are given a buff, if a unit with the hurricane buff attacks the Stormseeker, it will take X damage. Lasts for Y seconds.
Works like the Druid's Hurricane in Diablo II

Blood Link:
Creates a blood link between Bloodbeak and the target. Whenever the target takes damage, Bloodbeak heals himself equal to the amount of damage the target took. Whenever Bloodbeak takes damage, the target heals himself equal to the amount of damage Bloodbeak took.

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Look up some klingon names, always fit those beasts lol

HellCraft

Reaction score
This could be a fourth spell:
Overload:
Every time Bloodbeak is damaged, he gets 1 charge. When Bloodbeak has 5 charges, the next attack done to bloodbeak will be negated and reflected back to the damager, slowing the damager by X% and reducing the damager's attack by Y% for Z seconds.

Its like this: One guy casts storm bolt on you, you gain 1 charge. Then he attacks you 4 times, now you have a total of 5 charges. The next attack of the enemy inflicts 300 damage. So instead you take no damage, but the enemy takes the 300 damage.

Synergies:
Electric Vortex and Hurricane:
Pull everyone nearby you so that they are in the AOE of hurricane and they take damage.

Hurricane and Blood Link:
Deal damage and heal yourself.

Blood Link and Overload:
You get healed by the reflected damage.

So overall, this is a tank with AOE damage spells.

Archideas

Reaction score
That is pretty creative, but that ultimate sounds kinda imba. Doing 300 damage to attackers every 5 time they deal damage to you. xP

HellCraft

Reaction score
Well, thats only if the attacker deals 300 damage himself, and if he does so, the enemy is imba and he deserves the 300 damage.

Archideas

Reaction score
Yeah, I misunderstood it at first. Really nice spell ideas, though. :) Keep 'em coming if you have more. The more the merrier, eh?

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
If this hero is supposed to be a 'tank', then how about:

Rage
Type: Activated, no target
Effect: The Wildkin can go into a wild rage, increasing his damage and giving him damage reduction for x seconds.

Call of the Wild
Type: Activated, Summon
Effect: Summons a number of wild creatures to fight at the Wildkin's side

Smash
Type: Area of Effect
Effect: Slams the ground, stunning, damaging, and knocking back all nearby units.

Toughness
Type: Passive
Effect: When attacked, there is an x% chance of reducing y damage.
Ideally he should be able to rush to the front of the battle, and become a shield for the others, which is why these abilities, although simple, would be key. His smash will give him a powerful ability that could change the flow of a battle in a second.

Names:
NestWatcher, CleaveBeak, SteelTalon, ForestKing, SwiftFeather

Archideas

Reaction score
Hmm... not too bad. CotW does actually fit a Wildkin. Rage is pretty good too, but I dunno if damage reduction fits very well with that theme.

As for Smash; an AoE stun is good, no doubts about that. Might very well be added to his arsenal.

Toughness; unfortunately I already got another melee hero who's got the exact same thing as his ultimate. xP

Otherwise really good ideas! :D Thanks alot. More are welcome. :)

Archideas

Reaction score
It's a pretty simple gamestyle, tbh. Objective is to escape from a prison, you get 9 characters to choose from. Currently it's gonna be a 2 player game so it'll require alot of teamwork. At the moment working on heroes and terrain. Trying to add as many puzzles and secret stuff as I can fit into it.

Man-o-Bomb

Reaction score
Unstopaple:
The Wildkins gains an increased movement speed and strength bonus for 3/6/9/12 seconds. The increased amount of movement speed will be current strength x 5, and the increased amount of strength will be current movement speed / 10.

Furios Instincts
While in battle, each hit the wildkin takes will increase its attackdamage by 5. Maximum of 25/45/65/85 increased attack damage. Will reset charges if not hit for 5 seconds.

Devour
Devours the enemy. Removing it from the battlefield for 5 seconds, before he gets thrown up with a massive amount of slime, slowing him greatly for a shoty amount of time. While inside the wildkin, the enemy takes 15/30/45/60 damage per second.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
(edit. lols, where did that angry smiley come from? )

Wildkin sounds like a slow moving and durable guy to me.

That one of his stand animations where he plays chicken, wpuld be perfect for some taunt spell and since he is a tank like hero, he could use some taunt thingy, for example:

You, Chicken!: Forces target enemy unit to attack you for X seconds. This spell incereases targets attackspeed by Y, but also reduces targets attack damage by Z ( Or whatever stuff you need to make it look like target is really mad. This spell should also play some chicken voice or something. )

I tend to think abilities for these non custom model heroes from their animations. In his another stand animation, he bends down to smell something on the ground, so he obviously needs some tracking ability:

I Smell Blood: Wildkin bends down and smells the blood left by nearby bleeding enemies. Gives him vision over all enemies in X range, who have less than Y% of their maximum health, for Z seconds. Also incereases Wildkins attack damage when attacking any of these revealed enemy units.

He could also have some protective ability, since he seems to be so tough guy.

Owlbears Hide: Reduces all damage dealt by all attacks to Wildkin by X and deals same amount of damage back to attackers if they are inside melee range. ( So, it returns ranged damage too, but only if target is close enough )

I dont really know, but some frenzy like ability would maybe fit for ulti. Hes attack animations kinda look like he could slash enemies with some intense attackspeed or something.

Some Really Intense Bloody Frenzy Rage Pwnage: When activated, Wildkin receives X bonus attack and move speed to slash enemies with some intense speed. For each point of damage dealt to him during the spell duration, he also receives Y extra attackspeed for some extra pwnage.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.