Winky the Wombat Game:

Mullit

Reaction score
i just checked and the only natural predator for a wombat is a fox. so i guess it would make sense if you had fox like characters for you main baddies.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Don't take this the wrong way, but that... really sucked. :(

Of the six times I attempted it, I got stuck in the wall 4 times, the fifth time it wouldn't work at all and the last time I gave up, 'cos I kept hitting an invisible something on the first block, and when I finally jumped up, I went straight through the rock back to the ground. :banghead: :nuts:

The collision needs fixing, the sliding is awful and just ruins it, and that wall bug needs sorting.

But it would be great if those bugs were sorted. And some foxes to attack. :)

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
ok, but next time read previous posts.

Right now I don't care about the bugs and that, they're easy to fix, I just want suggestions for enemies and stuff.

Also, yeah I'm going to add Foxes, but here's the story so that you'll get better ideas:

STORYLINE:

Once upon a time, there was a peaceful world, free of vandalism, pollution and contamination, all the animals lived normally, until one day...
People started littering, thugs were using graffitti, and it wasn't long before a Power Plant was discovered outside the land of the Wombats.

Later that week, the Power Plant exploded, and toxic waste rained across the entires planet, mutating all the animals into supernatural beings.

All the animals abused their powers and used them to their advantages, all except a small wombat... who's name.. was Winky.

After a month of training, the animals had teamed up and taken over the world, Winky however, didn't like his new state, and was going to fight a hard as he could to stop any of the bad things from ever happening.

---

There will be many creatures doing anything in their power to stop Winky from succeeding, and as soon as he is witnessed by people, everyone will be after him...

= = =

Hope that gives you ideas (oh yes.. there will be robots)

~Jindo

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
Another wall bug. This time I got stuck in the wall, and before I could try to escape, Winky was moved to the other side of the wall, and blasted real high up, where I could see what I think was a human head. Then he fell into the pit of nothingness.

B

brelinnnn

Another wall bug. This time I got stuck in the wall, and before I could try to escape, Winky was moved to the other side of the wall, and blasted real high up, where I could see what I think was a human head. Then he fell into the pit of nothingness.

I got that same bug. :eek:

Overall though... I like the game, its fun. :D

B

brelinnnn

Sorry for a double post, but I did the 'glitch' again and I found that instead of fighting against and trying to move toward the wall if you move away and hold spacebar then it actually sends him farther up. :confused:

D

Dr4gonL0rd

People, Jindo just said a few posts ago that he DOESN'T care about the bugs and glitches, he is aware of them and he can fix them, he just needs ideas.

I was thinking maybe have like a break between levels, where you can buy upgrades and items and whatnot. I dunno, just my idea, I can't think of any characters or anything. :p

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Well you could always have on of the characters a chipmonk named chippy. Well, you need to fix the collision. I jumped and i hit the wall :eek: . Also increase the scroll speed, i keep going off screen.

Rad

Reaction score
THAT WAS AWESOME BEST GAME EVER I FELL THROUGH THE SIDE AND IT FROZE LOLOLOLOLOLOL

you should make him blow up :)

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Pretty Major Update

Wow this game is a bit like marmite atm, 1 or 2 of you (ok most of you) love it, the rest hate it :p.

MAJOR FIX

THE JUMP BUTTON HAS BEEN REASSIGNED TO CTRL, SPACE WILL BECOME THE ATTACK BUTTON!

---

In other news, the level is finished apart from the exit and the camera has been made super duper awesomeness!

Enjoy.. I have a knife at the ready..

~Jindo

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Omg. So much better.

The left wall glitch is still there.
And the flying in the air animation is kinda....w/e.
I randomly fall through the floor sometimes.
And when I'm on moving platforms, winky bounces. That's prolly cause the platform moves and winky flass repeatedly.
I also sometimes get trapped between background layers and actual layers. Like, I got caught between branches and a bush at some point in the level.

But otherwise, it's good.

There's still a little friction on the movement, but that's ok.
I like the art. I think you should make something on the bottom of the levels so if you fall out, you die. Like spikes or something.
I also think you should add animated traps like walls crushing together and spikes coming out of the floor or something like that.
Are you planing on having powerups? Or health?
Is there a HUD? With heath and current weapon equipped and that stuff?

If worked on carfully, the game could turn into something really good.

Oh, god, please make it so you can go through the bottom of platforms. :(
It's too hard to get from one another when it's pinball with winky.

Is that brown little cave thing the end of the level? If it is, there's a shortcut....

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Just a question, but why isn't the up arrow the jump button? It'd be so much easier, in my personal opinion.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Guess so, although I was planning on making that a button where Winky looks up and it scrolls up slightly, but yeah, I suppose.

w/e said:
And the flying in the air animation is kinda....w/e.

Dude that's just plain cold :(, messed up/ weird, I'd be ok... but W/E? That's the worst insult ever :(.. (lol j/k).

There's gonna be all kinds of powerups and things, I'm aiming to make this my signature game (and masterpiece).

If I fit in as many levels as I'm thinking of, then this may not be finished until 2007 :eek:.

But I might just cut it up into sequals (muhahahaha!)

~Jindo

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
he cant jump in the fixed ver. am i the only one with this new bug?nvm just read above.... heh. but its a lot better

allso you could give the smurf winky the smirfing smirf smirf. that way he could smirf the smirfing smirf outa anyone.

but the jumping thing its like your in the matrix. first of. its to slow. seconmdly. you fall like a ballon.

with that the game will allwayts be too easy.

and last. if you hold the jump evn if you hit the floor youll look like the retarded winky.

if you double jump on one of those clifs you fall through it.

Dr4gonL0rd said:
People, Jindo just said a few posts ago that he DOESN'T care about the bugs and glitches, he is aware of them and he can fix them.

...... its common sense to report a bug. even if its something he does or does not know. you never know what might happen.

i agree with up there make him blow up on death!

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
It is common sense but not when I've tested it and am aware of all the bugs you've just mentioned :p.

---

As for blowing up on Death, im 110% with you on that :D, reason being that the main insipiration for this is JJR 2 and that happens in the game also.

I've got Jimpy helping out with music and stuff atm (need some really arcade-styled music done from him when he next has time :p).

---

Well, so far so good, I'll fix the bugs as soon as I've got all the enemies and things out of the way, right now the bugs are funny and one of the bugs let you escape from this area that you get stuck down :p.

~Jindo

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
I can't beat this part :(

I can't beat this part!! It is so annoying :mad:

I went to the left, and there was a path, and come things to jump on, but it came to a dead end :(

Here is where I can't beat:

winkywombatcantbeat9st.jpg

Hey! I found this spot I could jump off and I tried it and I can't die, move, or anything :p

If you ever try it, it's noting but clear skies... :D

Please tell me how to beat that part :eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.