World Women waste 50 billion litres of water shaving legs in shower.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Research has shown that one in three women leave the shower running while they shave their legs, wasting around 50?billion litres of water a year.

Thames Water, which commissioned the study, said the amount wasted would be enough to supply the whole of London for 25 days.

The research also found that one in four people leave the sink tap running while they brush their teeth, which accounts for around 120?billion litres of water wasted per year.

A spokesman for Thames Water said yesterday: “It may seem like it’s always raining, but we’ve had below average rainfall across our region for nine of the past 12 months.

Read more here.

I look at my legs full of hair, and I feel like an environmentalist. <3

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Damn women and there leg shaving messing up the environment. I knew it! :)

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
It's not the shaving, but rather the fact that they leave water turned on while not needing it. Same goes for brushing and a lot of other actions in which you don't need continuous water. This is simply an education issue =/.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Disgraceful, do not waste your [del]money![/del] eh water!

Same goes for brushing and a lot of other actions in which you don't need continuous water.
What about, car wash? which use gallons of water Well, you can make a list a mile long. Really!

Btw: Did they ask 1++ million women what they did?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
FlamingKitty, you do realize that the water doesn't just disappear right?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Even though it is highly wasteful I do hope that all women do shave. Not a big fan of the hairy legs or other places type of thing if you know what I am saying :)

MasterOfRa

Reaction score
We shouldnt be using Toilets, its a waste of usable water. OR, its a waste of power/labor used to re-purify that water, so it can come back out of our sinks again later, and be *clean* enough that we wont sue someone.

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
lol, TH is the biggest sausage festival i have ever been proud to call myself a member of :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.