RPG World Weary RPG

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
World Weary RPG​

I am making this project thread because... I either need some one to take over, or help me out or something... it is just taking WAY to long. I have completed practically all the terrain and I know what I want to do with the rest of the game.

Let me give you a run down on what this map is like:
  • You get to choose out of four races: Human, Orc, Forest Elf (Night Elf), and Dwarf.
  • You get to choose out of three main attributes (keeping it simple): Intellect, Strength, and Agility.
  • Throughout the game you either do good or bad deeds. Such as do you give the wolf pelts to the freezing townspeople (good) or to the guy who just wants you do kill the wolves (bad). These bad/good deeds will give you bad/good influence. This influence will give you different abilities (these have not been implemented yet).

Time for screenshots!
NCRPG1.jpg

NCRPG2.jpg

NCRPG3.jpg

NCRPG4.jpg

NCRPG5.jpg

NCRPG6.jpg

NCRPG7.jpg

NCRPG8.jpg

NCRPG9.jpg

These screenshots may not be assessable in this demo.
FireCave.jpg

IslandCaveAndSwamp.jpg

Jail.jpg

NEValley.jpg

NagaStructures.jpg

DOWNLOAD:
Null-CurrentRPG(prot).w3x

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Alot of the terrain looks pretty good but red rocks over jungle terrain??

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
Its a volcano. But some people should actually play it. I have a weapon system with attaching items (etc.) the screenshots really dont show the playablitiy.

Rah

Reaction score
Wow this feels like one of those moments were you were planning to make a map and you see a awesome wc3 map well this is that time for me right now

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Ok trying it out right now and i have a few things. First of all, the quest Fredrick Long gives you should be more specific. Say the requirements of the quest, like how many wolf pelts you need. Also I found a bug. As orc agi based hero the second skill you get Axe Throw. First the distance your able to cast from is huge, and its perma stuns. Also you may want to vary up the skills a bit. Having 2 skills that you get in a row do the exact same thing (x5 agi in damage) makes getting a new skill less exciting. and for a starting skill x5 agi in damage seems like a lot when it gets starting wolves down half health. The orc racial 50% cleave is also to strong. 50% cleave is god like, especially when your killing a whole group of guys. Thats all for now. im only level 4 and will post more bugs if i find any
Edit: Holy shit, just realized what to do for Fredrick Long and thats WAY to much xp. 3-4 wolf pelts leveled me up. thats way to fast
Also Axe Throw sometimes doesn't do the damage
The spider egg quest also gives WAY to much xp. its basically 400xp for killing 1 spider, providing it drops an egg, which from what i've seen is a very high drop rate.
Edit: Don't Know if this is from doing the spider egg quest or from the creeps. But at lvl 7 I realized killing creeps isn't giving me xp anymore. But all the quests still were. Put a limit on how many wolf pelts and spider eggs you can do otherwise people will just farm them and get massive amounts of xp with minimal effort. The tooltip for the burning ember doesn't make any sense either. "The leftover from hatched egg" what does that have to do with an ember?

Edit: Ok last edit for the night. Playing this in single player (No i'm not using any cheats or the visible map) The map is default all visible and i was wondering why there were jailors to the far right of the map. Then a few wolves got lured to the town, the jailors appeared, but the name was changed to "constable" and they didn't kill the wolf, they just ran out of health and them AND the wolf teleported back to where the jailors/constables are.

Edit: Sigh, guess I lied, but on a good note this means I can't stop playing the map which is good. Anyways, every once in a while The first orc agi skill Fatal Strike will skip cooldown, as in i can cast 2 times in a row without a cooldown of any sort. Also the selling thing could become a major problem if kept for later versions. There are douche bags out there who will sell the item thats dropped if they can't use, so they get the money and the poor other guy doesn't get his item. And Creep respawn is pretty slow, i've cleared out the lava place in bottom right corner and been waiting for them to spawn for a while now. Some creeps have completely stopped spawning. some wolves (not the ones that got pulled to magical jailor land) that i've killed havn't spawned again for the 15 or so minutes of playing

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
Thanks so much for trying and the detailed report. I meant to have the map all visible (just for the demo) and the jail is for if any player started to attack the NPCs, a jailor would come and lock em up for 20 seconds. I know how to fix the creeps going to jail thing (thanks to you). You can visit the jail if you go to a dock. The not respawning is a big problem though... i will have to look at that more closely.
Thank you for telling me that the experience is too much (this is the help I need). I will try to cut that exp down. I will also try to make the drop rate lower. And thank you for the ember tooltip mess up.

+Rep to you!

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
No Problem. also how do you get to the other good guy for the wolf pelts? I saw him up in the corner but didn't know where the tele was for it, maybe make that a bit more clear.
Later if I have time I'll play again and see if i can find any more bugs

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
there is a little circle in Ralon town infront of the tavern. Also, is the lava cracks and rock tiles walkable? They shouldnt be.

Epicgamers

Reaction score
Very many things too complain:

-Red Rocks in that area? even its a Vulcano, it looks stupid.
-You level way too fast, make that around 5-10 X Slower.
-Only saw 3 Weapons, and you already have so many monsters
-Seeing the SAME merchant everywhere
-No variety in quest-types, like you have only collecting quests
You could add, Defend from waves,bring letter,Kill That many monsters, kill that boss,etc.
-What the hell is the story? Theres no such thing as A RPG without a story.
-The first Grassy Area, is only 1 tile, theres no variation in height, you could add grassy dirt,dirt,rough dirt or whatever.
-You have made pathing blockers at the start, but no wall? yes at the first i thought i was bugged, but no you have pathing blockers without a wall.
-Monsters attacking Range is way too far, when i attack a wolf pub almost next too his mother/father type of wolf, he doesn't even help his pub.

Thats Kinda it in 5 minutes of playing.
Ain't playing further too.

Goodluck, -.-

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
well I just played it and this is what I thought:

• where are the trees? in fact now that I come to think of it, I didn't see any doodads at all, but that might be because I downloaded a bugged version.:(
• when I was a human magician I couldn't talk with people, I casted the ability on the people and nothing happened:thdown:. then I played as human assassin and I could talk fine:thup:.
• my character could walk up and down the cliffs.:thdown:
• where's the building?cave that leads to where Tobias Karl is? I didn't see one.:confused:
• money was useless because you can buy the only buyable weapons at the very beginning if the game with your starting money and buying potions is useless because usually you already have too many potions that where dropped by creeps.:confused:
• I got my second ability at about -5 rep but I got down to around -40 rep and I never got a third ability(have you not added it yet?).
• speaking of abilities, the first agility ability slows down the hero, not the monster(and makes the map lag a lot), and the second agility ability has a perma stun which makes it so anybody with -5 rep can kill any monster on the map.:thdown:
• when I did the egg collecting quest I started get -rep for about the first three eggs and then --rep, was this intentional:confused:
• I killed the ice troll shaman about 5 times and the bear druid guy was never happy.
• "The phat lewt can't be pwned!!!":D, but then what's the point of it?

Your map just needs more content and spells, and one needs to be able to respond to someone when the talk to the character(therefore making having a good plot available:))
but this is still in the beta stages, so I guess I can't expect to much from the map now.

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
Ha, I personally gave up on this. There are so many bugs, but easily fixed. I guess I can fix it up a little. But, if someone wants to take on this map, the terrain is done (I just need to implement the no walking on cliffs trigger), and the rest of the map would be pretty easy to make. Thank you all for testing, +Rep

Epicgamers

Reaction score
Ha, I personally gave up on this. There are so many bugs, but easily fixed. I guess I can fix it up a little. But, if someone wants to take on this map, the terrain is done (I just need to implement the no walking on cliffs trigger), and the rest of the map would be pretty easy to make. Thank you all for testing, +Rep

in other words: Its crap to play atm.

3 weapons and a whole big damn terrain?
><

Never should be released yet =]

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
I think it would be a waste to scrap this entire terrain, do you think I should release it?

RodyisGod

Reaction score
I think it would be a waste to scrap this entire terrain, do you think I should release it?

no cause no-one would play it,

-More Items
-More Units
-BOSSES
-Better Quests
-A wall, yes a wall at the start of the game, cause u have pathing blockers without a wall.
-items
-items
-items
-Reserved for items
-More items.
-Please more items.

=] Then Release it, or if you gonna quit, don't even think about releasing it.
Cause i think you won't even play it yourself. Would you?

=p

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Most of the screenshots seem nice. A few don't look so great, but they are still acceptable in a playable map.

>I either need some one to take over...

This sounds like you are quitting the project.

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
@ RodyisGod: Yeah, i wouldnt release the actual map, i meant just the terrain... someone could put it to good use.

@ UndeadDragon: Yea, i am quitting, I made this terrain for an SotDRP, and then i thought it would be cool to make an RPG, but they are just way too long... modeling is more intresting. :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.