Would you donate an organ to a stranger?

Would you donate?

• Yes

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Well, would you give up your "etc a kidney" to save a stranger's life? How about if you were paid handsomely to do so?

The clock is ticking. What is your answer?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Staff member
Depends on the organ.
It's not about the money (though the money does give me more incentive, heh), but more the situation and who the stranger was. If the stranger was Hitler, I would say no.

I never want to donate or give away or destroy too much of my body in hopes that someone can resurrect me.
o_O

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
A side note for thewrongvine, to me a stranger is someone you don't know anything about, there for Hitler really wouldn't be a stranger.

I would say no. I'm going to keep my body intact, even after I die.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
right now? i would probably maybe donate my organs after i die but right now ehh not so much... i would still like my kidneys to filtrate the alcohol i drink :)

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
it depends how vital the organ is, how old I am, if I have had any issues with said organ(s), and still probably no, since generally the implants are much more successful if the people are somewhat related (familty/etc.)

ex: I wouldn't do it if it was a kidney and I had kidney problems, since I would need both of them, but if I was old and had heart problems but no kidney problems, I might do it

or were you talking about after you die/etc.?

and even so, probably not a complete stranger, I would like to know some information about them first if possible (not really sure why too much, just curiosity?)

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
^
I didn't know you can donate lungs. How are you supposed to breathe with just 1 lung?

OT: I would never donate any of my organs if I were alive and completely healthy. If I knew I had a deadly disease (or was already dead), then I would donate it.

Basically, I would donate my organs to anyone who needs it more than I do. Our bodies are gonna rot anyway, so why waste the precious material? :cool:

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Staff member
Well I'm a registered organ donor, my ID has a donor symbol thingy on it and everything. So if I die, they harvest my swag and give it to people I guess. Does that count?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Well I'm a registered organ donor, my ID has a donor symbol thingy on it and everything. So if I die, they harvest my swag and give it to people I guess. Does that count?
Only if it goes to a stranger apparently.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not complaining though Hurricanes are not fun I have been through alot of them
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    I evacuated for it just incase since I live in La Porte pretty much right on the water (in Houston area). Didn't see anything. It's a good thing for me anyways.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It's too bad that Blizzard messed up so terribly with Reforged.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still has a 0.6 user metacritic score.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    (Out of 10)
  • Varine Varine:
    I haven't even tried it yet because everyone said it sucked. How do you get .6 out of ten?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am waiting for Dwarf Fortress to come out on Steam then I am on it.
  • Accname Accname:
    I play Dwarf Fortress from time to time.
  • Accname Accname:
    Its Okay.
  • Accname Accname:
    But the performance is sub-par. Does not seem to be well optimized.
  • Varine Varine:
    Is the Steam version coming with a graphical overlay or is it using the ASCII graphics still?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Steam version has the graphical overlay.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Steam Version has graphics, a new interface and will be integrated in the steam mod stuff
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    I didn't think WC3 Reforged was that bad. It pretty much did what it stated (to me at least), but then again I can care less about reforged campaigns and all that. I just care about gameplay.
  • Varine Varine:
    I think people were hoping for a resurgence in mod support. I have little interest in the actual game tbh
  • Varine Varine:
    Plus I know they added that Dota precedent clause where Blizzard can steal your shit which isn't cool.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    They sold Reforged to the community as primarily a huge graphical uplift with high res textures and redone cinematics.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    They even showed one of the redone cinematics at Blizzcon and that very cinematic wasn't even in the released game.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    So I think folks were angry about that.
  • Varine Varine:
    Didn't the backwards compatability have issues too?
  • Accname Accname:
    I never had any hopes for that. Blizzard is not the same company it was 10 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It happens in corporations. They just absorb the companies they buy and it is not about the love of making awesome games it is how much money can we make with the least amount of cost.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Blizzard is watered down now hopefully they can pull it together
  • The Helper The Helper:
    they got a server engineer job opening :)

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop