Wow, Blizzard has ruined WoW more than I thought..

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
I've only got into Wow properly over the past few months. I joined a raiding guild, used Ventrillio and you are WRONG. Blizzard have made WoW perfect, i spend most nights talking to my friends while fighting in naxx. I don't understand how its crap, all you geeks out there complaining that the lore has been ruined. WELL GET OVER IT!!!! its just a game. It is my 2nd fav game, Mount and Blades my fav. But a lot of people still like it, if Blizzard ruined WoW then 11 million people still wouldn't be paying their cash to play the real game and 17 million people wouldn't be playing on private servers...

Thats all i had to say. :rolleyes:

no one is saying blizzard has ruined WoW. It's a good game. What people are saying is WoW ruined the lore. You obviously never played any of the previous games if you think WoW is perfect. But that's what happens I guess, in order to be a proper mmo, the lore has to take a hit and the story has to die altogether.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
no one is saying blizzard has ruined WoW. It's a good game. What people are saying is WoW ruined the lore. You obviously never played any of the previous games if you think WoW is perfect. But that's what happens I guess, in order to be a proper mmo, the lore has to take a hit and the story has to die altogether.

Does it really matter..? I mean you play the battle.net not for story but for fun. Do people who play ladder or custom games play for the campaign aspect of the game..? I mean I play WoW for end-game PvE not to see the story line. I know a lot of people play for story like i played Gears of War for but WoW isn't a closed rpg. It's an open RPG so they can just continue their story from Warcraft 3 when they develop Warcraft 4.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
-Genkora

Title of the thread

The titles of threads tell alot about its conetent... :rolleyes:

sure, that's what the title says, but if you read anything, people aren't saying blizz ruined WoW, this thread is about lore.
Does it really matter..? I mean you play the battle.net not for story but for fun. Do people who play ladder or custom games play for the campaign aspect of the game..? I mean I play WoW for end-game PvE not to see the story line. I know a lot of people play for story like i played Gears of War for but WoW isn't a closed rpg. It's an open RPG so they can just continue their story from Warcraft 3 when they develop Warcraft 4.

No one is really sure if wc4 is actually going to be made. It'll probably be made, and I'm not exactly upset about WoW lore or anything. It's just what happens when games get made into MMOs.

I would like to see a game that has an actively dynamic diplomacy controlled by the players, where one day you could be in a city buying a sword, and the next day you are at war with that same city and all the npcs are hostile. That would be cool. There wouldn't happen to already be one like that would there?

jaybles169

Reaction score
Warhammer:Online is the closest you'll get to that. But if you've played WoW and try to switch it will only let you down. I played it for a month; it was cool, but eh. Didn't keep my attention. I'll sell you my account for 20 bucks :)

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
sure, that's what the title says, but if you read anything, people aren't saying blizz ruined WoW, this thread is about lore.

No one is really sure if wc4 is actually going to be made. It'll probably be made, and I'm not exactly upset about WoW lore or anything. It's just what happens when games get made into MMOs.

I would like to see a game that has an actively dynamic diplomacy controlled by the players, where one day you could be in a city buying a sword, and the next day you are at war with that same city and all the npcs are hostile. That would be cool. There wouldn't happen to already be one like that would there?

That's kind of like Darkfall and WAR; both games ended up bombing and from personal experiences aren't worth your time or dollar. At the time, WoW is really the best MMO you're going to find.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Warhammer:Online is the closest you'll get to that. But if you've played WoW and try to switch it will only let you down. I played it for a month; it was cool, but eh. Didn't keep my attention. I'll sell you my account for 20 bucks :)

It's worth like.. 5.. :nuts:

I can't get more than 60$ for my collectors unopened! :nuts::nuts:

Mallen

Reaction score
i totally agree with you guys. i wish they would make Pre TBC again. so you can only get level 60 and do the epic instances like Blackwing Lair, Ahn'Quiraj and Zul'Gurub :) too bad i didnt play at that time :( i started when TBC was realeased. :/

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
Hey WotLK wasn't as bad as I thought, I played at my friends and they included many, many characters and significances they had in the books and lore! But wait, It hardly corresponded? What do you think? Visuals were great, quests were.. yeah, engineers with motorcycles, flying carpets? Hmmm?

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
WotLK was a creative turn. It has a lot of new and exciting things... I'm just waiting for a solid patch before I start judging everything :p

At first, it was considered a disaster by most people... but it is getting better in my opinion.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I'm playing again now, very casually mind you, and I don't mind it right now in it's current state. However, the thought that "Blizzard has ruined WoW" is an opinion and is different on a person to person bases, so discussing the reasons that you feel Blizzard ruined it might be the same reasons others love the game. :thup:

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
That patch has arrived imo.

I believe its called The Secrets of Ulduar...?

I've played WotLK, up to 3.0.9 (private server), and loved it.
Only real problem I've found playing WoW is the endless quests. It gets boring.... Fast.

I had (left the server) a level 80 Blood Elf Mage, and I was a GM.
I quit playing private though... It got boring.

Now, I've got a trial account for retail, and I plan on buying WoW and TBC (Waiting for WotLK).

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
I believe its called The Secrets of Ulduar...?

Yes that would be the patch I'm referring to.

I've played WotLK, up to 3.0.9 (private server), and loved it.

Then you haven't played WoW. Private Servers =/= Real.

"I was a GM" <- My Point. Being a GM = access to anything and everything, doesn't give you the sense of achievement when you finally down that annoying boss, achievement, and/or hit a benchmark rating in PvP.

"It got boring." You finally realized it was worthless?

---

I just quit. Downing Yogg-Saron in less than a month after release was depressing. Not even a hard core raiding guild either... I have a feeling if we raided more than 3 days a week it would of been less than 2 or 3 weeks...

Lyerae

Reaction score
I'm playing retail (trial. Still saving for a years sub + keys) now.

Being a GM was fun at times, but the server I was on was really low population (I was the most active player), so it's not like I could get a raid group together or whatnot. (Not that I need one.)

So far, playing retail has been great.
Only problem is I have to play humans, (third best race in my opinion. First Blood Elves, then Draenei), which isn't very fun for me.

Horde FTW.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
So far, playing retail has been great.
Only problem is I have to play humans, (third best race in my opinion. First Blood Elves, then Draenei), which isn't very fun for me.

Horde FTW.

Just curious, why do you have problem playing humans? Their racial rocks.

Lyerae

Reaction score
Nah.

Just usually a hordie.
Actually, my human pally (normaly a Mage/Lock) is pretty cool...
Even though I'm level five.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.