Wow, I just won the Blizzard Map Making Contest

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
This is amazing. At first I coudln't believe it when I saw the email, but then I read it and realised it was true. I'm pretty shaky right now...

For those of you who live in Europe or NA and wants to try my map, just search for Photon Command. If you try it please tell me what you think about it. Thank you.

Galdiuz

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Congrats! =D

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
If you wouldn't mind, I would like to see a few screenshots. Due to region locking, I won't be able to see your winning map.

Galdiuz

Reaction score
The goal of the game is to use the photon cannon to defend your nexuses. To help you with this you can buy various upgrades and stuff from the shop. There's 45 waves, with bosses every 15 waves.

Big picture warning!

First wave in the game:
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1765/screenshot2010101218112.jpg
screenshot2010101218112.jpg

Wave 14, the wave before the first boss. I'm using Photon Beam here.
http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/5606/screenshot2010101218154.jpg
screenshot2010101218154.jpg

Wave 16, the first zerg level. I'm using Photon Cross, Chrono Rift (slow) and a mini-turret here.
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/8785/screenshot2010101218241.jpg
screenshot2010101218241.jpg

The shop. Green=Purchased, Normal=Can purchase, Red=Not enough money. Oh, and that UI was a PITA to make.
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/3022/screenshot2010101218232.jpg
screenshot2010101218232.jpg

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
One (1) check in the amount of $5,000.00.
One (1) trip to BlizzCon 2010 in Anaheim, California that includes round trip coach air fare from the regional airport nearest the Winner's residence.
Two (2) nights lodging at a hotel in Anaheim chose by Blizzard, with an aggregate approximate value for the trip of $600.00
One (1) ticket to "BlizzCon 2010" with an approximate retail value of $150.00.
Your map featured in the BlizzCon 2010 SC2 Demo area.
Nice! :p

As already asked, is there any way for people on NA servers to play it?

Galdiuz

Reaction score
If someone could publish it on the NA servers for me that could be good. Anyone that can do that for me? Just send me a PM.

EDIT: Sqrage was kind enough to publish the map on the NA servers, so everyone in NA can play it now!

Daskunk

Reaction score
It doesn't show up when I search for Photon Command. The search might be case sensitive, I presume you used capital C and P?

Has sqrage already done it, or just planning too?

Galdiuz

Reaction score
Sqrage said that he published it, though it's not like I can confirm that he did it. Try searching for 'Photon', maybe it'll show up then.

Daskunk

Reaction score
Sqrage said that he published it, though it's not like I can confirm that he did it. Try searching for 'Photon', maybe it'll show up then.
I know, I was just wondering if it actually had a slightly different name. "Photon" didn't turn anything up for me either.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Where would I add that? It says "created by" and then the username of who uploaded it. Not editable. Although it does say his name in the Map Info.

I took it off btw until we fix it or it gets resolved another way.

Daskunk

Reaction score
Where would I add that? It says "created by" and then the username of who uploaded it. Not editable. Although it does say his name in the Map Info.

I took it off btw until we fix it or it gets resolved another way.
Sorry, you are correct that it cannot be changed. I just meant in the game description before "You have found a hidden valley full of rich minerals in . . ." it seems to be the standard place I see people give credit when uploading maps to other servers for people.

Galdiuz

Reaction score
Thanks for the localizer link, I'll use that tool. And about credit, my name is in the loading screen already, but I guess we could add a "Published to NA servers by: ...".

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It's working now, you guys can search for it. Fun game. :thup:

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
seems like your map also caught huskys attention :thup:

[YOUTUBE]A8dYWJSDeDk[/YOUTUBE]

Galdiuz

Reaction score
Ah, how cool! I should tell you guys that I'm working on a multiplayer version of it, so look forward to that!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.