Gaming Xbox 360 AU Launch Date confirmed

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
For Australians only

Microsoft announced the launch date for the Xbox 360 in Australia at a press event in Sydney last night. As well as the launch date, announced was the pricing points for the console, being launched on March 2nd 2006.

The console is being offered in two different versions, with the Xbox 360 being sold for an RRP of $649.95, and the Xbox 360 Core system having an RRP of $499.95.

Xbox 360 is the first console that lets gamers enjoy the freedom of wireless gaming, as standard. The Xbox 360 offer will include the console, 20GB hard drive, media remote, wireless controller, component high-definition cable and Ethernet cable. Xbox 360 Core System delivers the same powerful gaming as Xbox 360, but starts with the basics and lets you expand at your own pace. The Xbox Core system includes the console, composite AV cable and wired controller.

Wireless (RRP*$79.95) and wired (RRP*$59.95) controllers
· Play charge cable (RRP*$34.95)
· Rechargeable battery pack and cradle (RRP*$49.95)
· Battery pack (RRP*$19.95)
· 20Gb hard drive (RRP*$169.95)
· 64MB Memory unit (RRP*$49.95)
· Wireless networking adaptor(RRP*$169.95)

· VGA cable (RRP*$49.95)
· Advanced AV pack (RRP*$39.95)
· High Definition AV pack (RRP*$49.95)
· Headset (RRP*$49.95)
· Faceplate (RRP*$29.95)
· Universal Media Remote (RRP*$49.95)

Microsoft have advised that a list of launch titles will be available early next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
500$!! If I were to buy, I would wait a couple months. It should go down in price a bit.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
PB_and_J said:
500$!! If I were to buy, I would wait a couple months. It should go down in price a bit.

its australian money, it differs from the Canadian Dollar. I think its about 550 CD :confused:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.