Your opinions on WoW

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
About a year ago, Age of Conan was released and one of my friends told me it was going to be awesome. So, I went it bought it. About a month later I came back to World of Warcraft.

Now, Aion is out, and there seems to be some hype about it. The only difference between last year and now is that WoW is having some drastic changes with the new Cataclysm expansion.

A few things that I'm not too impressed with are the new race/class combinations and the fact you can now change your race/faction (for $20, of course). And all these mount level requirement being reduced making it too easy (in my opinion).

But then again, there are a lot of aspects of WoW that Aion doesn't have (like a talent system). So, I am not too sure which path I should choose.

So, what is your opinion?
What are the positive/negative aspects of World of Warcraft?

Sarj14

Reaction score
So far, everyone I know which is a range of about 15 people from my guild went to Aion. Less than about 10 days, they came back to WoW. I mean, look up the gameplay and see if you like it. Some people like Aion better than WoW and some don't. Compare the two, or just try out the free trial for Aion and compare the basic gameplay to the basic gameplay of WoW.

Anyway, to the point.

-I like the pvping. There is always 1 new thing in pvp, different players. This is what keeps pvp alive. There is always new players, which in pve, the bosses are always the same until a new boss comes out.

-I hate gold farm spam, all the beggers, and the level 80 idiots.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
I would recommend to not get Aion.

-The game is filled with botters, in every single zone.

-Leveling after 30 is almost nothing but grinding; hundreds of hours of mindless grinding.

-Aerial combat is rather unbalanced; melee just can't cut it there.

-The PvP currency of the game is Abyss Points. Ironically, the best way to get them is through PvE.

- Endgame PvE is killing world bosses with very long respawn timers that usually don't drop any good loot.

-PvP in small battles is very fun. The Fortress Sieges, on the other hand, will often make even high-performance PC's crash.

Everyone has different tastes, but WoW still has the best polish and quality of any MMO out there, if you ask me.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
WoW was fun for me. But I quit because I needed to do better in school. I play other games now instead and I'm getting straight A's in academics. So.... if you're naturally smart or not in school play WoW. If your in school or not smart, don't.

Sarj14

Reaction score
Not everyone fails if they play WoW. I am getting A's with a few B's here and there while still playing WoW regularly and raiding endgame. I can control my game playing time. I don't know if you can or not. Just make sure you get your school work done first, that's what I do.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
ya. I tried to but I couldn't really do it. I'll stick to mapping and DotA :D

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
So.... if you're naturally smart or not in school play WoW. If your in school or not smart, don't.
I'm in Australia, so for me, school will be ending in about 1 week. :D
That's why I've decided to start playing an MMO again. :thup:

...just try out the free trial for Aion...
No free trials for Aion, as far as I'm aware.

However, I don't if I really want to play WoW. I have this strong urge to play it (feel like going Warlock), but I don't know if I'll like it with the new stuff in Cataclysm.
Well, I'm download Runes of Magic (at ~8kB/s :( [not dial-up and haven't gone over my limit]) and from what I've read, it seems quite good. So, if I don't like that, I'll probably play WoW again.

Anyway, thanks for diverting me away from Aion. You've all saved me $100! Now, instead of sharing that between you equally, I'll give you something more valuable... +rep! :thup:

Sarj14

Reaction score
I've played Runes of Magic before also. It has alot of the same features as WoW, but there are some different. Overall, Runes of Magic was a fun game, hope you like it!

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, we only have a few years till DotA becomes an MMO, so we have a bit for WoW to dominate the MMO Market.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
DotA is gonna become MMO? Wow, I didn't know that. Looking forward to it! By the way, where can I find the source of your information?

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
DotA is gonna become MMO? Wow, I didn't know that. Looking forward to it! By the way, where can I find the source of your information?

Humor said:
Humor: wit: a message whose ingenuity or verbal skill or incongruity has the power or purpose to evoke laughter

punwisp

Reaction score
Always do what I do before I get a game.

Type the name of the game on google and put ratings, and go to various sites and see what they say, ups and downs. I often go to Gamespot, if its about a 7/10 or lower, it probably won't be that great for a lot, or least you wont spend too much time on it. 7+ then its normally pretty good. Wow is a 9.5 I think still, which is obvious considering how addictive it is, and it does not fail.

Also dig deeper if you want to buy it, see what the bads are, you will often get enough information to know if its worth it or not. I do it everytime, otherwise I could get dissapointed.

Also, any MMORPG hasn't been able to match WoW in wits, they try to mimic it, making it pretty much a exact clone. Runes of Magic is pretty much the ultimate clone of the game. Which is a free MMO. About the only thing it has that WoW doesnt have is the guild system is quite different.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.