You're most entertaining mistake?

CaptainYak

Reaction score
So in learning all this i'm sure you've made more than one unintentional creation that you've ended up using because it was entertaining. For me I just recently made a marine that surfs on a brood lord and shoots stuff while flying around...I was going for an upgrade, well it kinda turned out!

What's your favorite entertaining mistake?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
My most entertaining mistake is the most aggravating. I was trying to figure out why the following code was giving me an error on the "Taking too long to execute"

JASS:
p = 1;
while ( p <= 6 ) {
    //Do something... I forgot what it was
}

After about 2 days I found out it was because I didn't have [ljass]p = p + 1;[/ljass]...

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
It was the first day that SCII came out. I had just won 2 quallification matches (lost the other 3) I had just finished the first few missions (until the doc comes into the game) and I was like "Time to make a marine shoot zerglings... but I want it to be cool. Let's say that one out of five lings won't splat on the target. Instead it will land safely and happily chase and try to kill the marine that shot it." Eventually desided to make a stalker that shoots multiple missles (cuz I am that badass (irony) ) I fucked with something, not sure what exactly, and the stalker did indeed shoot multiple missles HOWEVER the missle's target was ABOVE the targeted unit. Or in other words, if a medievac is healing a marine, BOOM there be no medievac (cuz the dmg was 20 per missle, 10 missles) However... this unit is pretty much useless for anything else.

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
Back in WC3 I was working on my first jump ability.

I went into multiplayer on the map with some friends, got to level 6 where the ability was available, ran into combat, cast jump, and my character soars into the sky at a snail's pace, gently lifting itself up into the air at a rate of about an inch per second.

And it doesn't come down again.

It took quite a long time for it to finally launch off into the cosmos, too high for anyone to see it on the map anymore. We had a good laugh over that for a while.

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
wc3: wispwheels.
I was making some wispwheels variation and made a mistake in one, giving me a kinda bumpy wispwheel with teleporting wisps, yet it looked awesome as special effect for a skill :cool:

sc2: hmz... no real entertaining yet, but if I gotta choose:
I removed all doodads in a region, but this doesn't remove their footprints (damn sc2), giving me a labyrinth of invisible pathing blockers o.o

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
My most entertaining mistakes so far are probably
  • Screwing up the link between a projectile Actor and the model I wanted to use for it, resulting in my Marine shooting big white orbs at everything :D
  • Using 'At Effect' on an Actor Event for my periodic damage aura's visual 'burst' effect instead of 'At Caster' resulting in the graphic appearing on a random nearby unit instead of on the caster... was very confusing to see a big purple blast appearing from an SCV who ran away from me :(

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
My most entertaining mistake was running into the SC2 editor without reading on how to even USE it and trying to create a unit.

Boy was that fun when I figured out what went wrong.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
My most entertaining mistake is the most aggravating. I was trying to figure out why the following code was giving me an error on the "Taking too long to execute"

JASS:
p = 1;
while ( p <= 6 ) {
    //Do something... I forgot what it was
}

After about 2 days I found out it was because I didn't have [ljass]p = p + 1;[/ljass]...

That happends all the time when I'm programming.

On-topic: I tried to make a mothership that shoots carriers that shoots interceptors, but I failed. It's not entertaining though since it doesn't work :(

SanKakU

Reaction score
i like the first post's entertaining mistakes, and less a few of the others.

i have not started to do anything with the editor yet.
i am still learning how to do anything.
in the meantime, can you please say your when you are supposed to instead of you are and you are when you are supposed to instead of your? if so, then your english will improve. i do not say i am when i am supposed to say my and i do not say my when i am supposed to say i am. and i would hope you would do the same. and do the same for other words too.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
This is an old thread. Please don't revive old threads like that.

Also, on a side note, I never noticed SanKakU's post, but it makes about as much sense as:

sense-this-picture-makes-none.jpg

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
Sorry, I was pissed and going through this particular section and the bad grammar in the title really irritated me.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.