YouTube Video Converter

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score

This allows you to download videos from youtube which are normally not down loadable. They will be in Flash (.flv) format.

Start using it now!

Enjoy. <3

For those who can't read what it displays on the page because they are blind, obnoxious, or didn't look.

To use, navigate to the Youtube Video Page of your choice.

Next copy and paste the URL into the text box below.

After download is completed, rename the file to your video and at .flv at the end

You will need Flash Player to view the file, then you can convert for iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc.

Oninuva

Reaction score
Vixy is slower because it puts the file on their server before allowing you to download.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
i have a program that directly converts you tube movies to avi or mpeg or wmv but i lost it

so how to play flv files?

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
After download is completed, rename the file to your video and add .flv at the end

Fixed. :p

I don't really get the point in this, couldn't you just download a program that does it without having to upload to youtube?

Oninuva

Reaction score
Fixed. :p

I don't really get the point in this, couldn't you just download a program that does it without having to upload to youtube?

I think you misunderstood, this script is used so you can download video files off of you tube which are normally not down loadable.

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
Or you can get this firefox addon Video Downloader and it will download video after you watch it. just click the floppy disk icon beside help

Oninuva

Reaction score
I hope you know YouTube Videos are FLASH not video format so that addon will not work. Sorry but fail.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Regardless whether or not this has done before, it is a good tool.

I mean, it is just here to be helpful, not for competition towards other converters that do the same thing.

Anyways, great tool Oninuva, I was looking for something like this; though I wasn't planning on using it. :p

Akatsuki

Reaction score
I agree that it's an impressive tool.

But I personally prefer using FireFox's Download Helper and then convert flash to .avi. But maybe I just prefer it that way because I spend a good 2 hours looking that up and I don't want it to go to waste.

Oninuva

Reaction score
I agree that it's an impressive tool.

But I personally prefer using FireFox's Download Helper and then convert flash to .avi. But maybe I just prefer it that way because I spend a good 2 hours looking that up and I don't want it to go to waste.

Thanks :) Anyways, for those using sites that convert for them, they are way slower, and download speeds are slower too. :nuts: Kind of wasting time here aren't we?

Akatsuki

Reaction score
I use a program to convert them. Don't know about any of you but the cold weather makes my internet crap. Takes like 10 secs to load every page.

Akatsuki

Reaction score
I don't think so. The people who made the one I use weren't very creative. They just named it "Free FLV to AVI Converter." But that was only because the tutorial I found on downloading YouTube videos linked it to it. But knowning me, I'll soon delete it to free up space on my computer and start depending on your tool. Hand-me-downs, they really do bring you down.

Oninuva

Reaction score
Why you move this to General Tech Help.

This isn't help. :S

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.