Arena Zombie Invasion

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
uhm - y I've been working on that in the new version (out now) but I might add difficulties in a later version (0.4 or 0.5)

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Zombies coming from 4 directions that are empty is kinda :confused: as there should be some diseased base or something.

If you can you should change the Gasoline Cans, when you click them the picture is still a explosive barrel.

The tip says eigther for the pressing up or down key.

The timer is actually kind of lame, you could just Rocket boot out of zombie areas and stall until its up and all zombies die.

The tip for healing spelling Decision is wrong and Aswell is wrong you spelt it Descisson and Aswel.

Add to the tip of up or down key "at the end of the round".

Quests - Arrow keys has Sellect spelled wrong its actually Select.

With drone and you attack you get 2 guns to use :p like Bullet Storm.

Land mines don't work, atleast for dragons.

No more Sentry Gun?

Molotiv Cocktail's upgrade to get it doesn't cost wood then you buy and it does, not sure about Drone.

X-maul

Reaction score
Zombies coming from 4 directions that are empty is kinda :confused: as there should be some diseased base or something.

If you can you should change the Gasoline Cans, when you click them the picture is still a explosive barrel.

The tip says eigther for the pressing up or down key.

The timer is actually kind of lame, you could just Rocket boot out of zombie areas and stall until its up and all zombies die.

The tip for healing spelling Decision is wrong and Aswell is wrong you spelt it Descisson and Aswel.

Add to the tip of up or down key "at the end of the round".

Quests - Arrow keys has Sellect spelled wrong its actually Select.

With drone and you attack you get 2 guns to use :p like Bullet Storm.

Land mines don't work, atleast for dragons.

No more Sentry Gun?

Molotiv Cocktail's upgrade to get it doesn't cost wood then you buy and it does, not sure about Drone.
ye, just played it like 10 times, and discovered a few bugs - will upload a bug fixing version tonight or tomorrow

I'm planning on adding labs which the zombies come from, or atleast destroyed labs
Thank you :)

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Strongly advise you to use shops instead for upgrading.

Also, me being a first timer, I was reading the introduction and there wasn't enough time for me to finish reading it.

This game is constantly going on, no breaks, it's a little difficult for newcomers to properly scan through the upgrades and items.

Isn't the molotov cocktail and drone supposed to be able to work together? I tried getting them both but only had one. Clearly stated that you could either have sentry or drone, but since molotov is a different hotkey, why not?

The game is too easy. You'll survive just by running and using spells. After a lot of zombies have spawned, they'll get stuck, it'll be too easy for the player. I think stronger zombies, faster maybe? Are better than lots of zombies.

Using the rocket boots and jumping into the water will just allow you to hide, or even free shooting at the zombies if there's a drone.

You should have more items... Maybe increasing damage, health. Because just one armour item is boring.

You should change your "shots" to "shoots"(Proper usage).

All in all, I like the game concept, should make it difficult enough so it can't be solo-ed. Otherwise people will just play single player.

Should create a different gameplay every time, maybe random events, runes, or different boss units every gameplay so people will wanna come back and play it again. Otherwise killing hordes and hordes of zombies, it's very monotonous. Like a game that you would play once.

Hope my comments help to improve your map, and good luck. :thup:

X-maul

Reaction score
Strongly advise you to use shops instead for upgrading.
uhmm - you mean by putting shops in the fort instead?
Also, me being a first timer, I was reading the introduction and there wasn't enough time for me to finish reading it.

This game is constantly going on, no breaks, it's a little difficult for newcomers to properly scan through the upgrades and items.
ok, I'll try to add more breaks and more time in the start :)
Isn't the molotov cocktail and drone supposed to be able to work together? I tried getting them both but only had one. Clearly stated that you could either have sentry or drone, but since molotov is a different hotkey, why not?
y, noticed that - will be fixed in next version, dont know when it's out though. Got a pretty tough sketual in the upcomming week

The game is too easy. You'll survive just by running and using spells. After a lot of zombies have spawned, they'll get stuck, it'll be too easy for the player. I think stronger zombies, faster maybe? Are better than lots of zombies.
ok, I will consider adding actual flying units, and units with special abilitys, maybe a unit which can stun the marine for a little while (will be only 1 or 2 atm)
Using the rocket boots and jumping into the water will just allow you to hide, or even free shooting at the zombies if there's a drone.
I'm working on fixing that - having a hard time though - but I'm working on it :)
You should have more items... Maybe increasing damage, health. Because just one armour item is boring.
y, I'm brainstorming on it atm :)
You should change your "shots" to "shoots"(Proper usage).
:p hehe y, thank you:eek:
All in all, I like the game concept, should make it difficult enough so it can't be solo-ed. Otherwise people will just play single player.
I'm working on making it both soloable and multiplayer-playable (huh?) by increasing damage and health of zombies, but i might focus on the multiplayer aspect more then :eek:
Should create a different gameplay every time, maybe random events, runes, or different boss units every gameplay so people will wanna come back and play it again. Otherwise killing hordes and hordes of zombies, it's very monotonous. Like a game that you would play once.
I might add difficulties, but different game modes will be later (I need to finish this one first :p) and then there will probably be difficulties in the next version.

Hope my comments help to improve your map, and good luck. :thup:
They sure did :thup: +rep

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not a very good triggerer and I work in GUI, so I'm searching a triggerer if possible, but it's hard to find :(

skyblader

Reaction score
uhmm - you mean by putting shops in the fort instead?

Yeah. Just an opinion, because when I click the arrow keys, I usually forget I lose control of my marine. If you select the shop, you'll remember to select your unit again. And I don't really make myself remember which arrow key leads to which upgrades... After all, the zombies are already coming, gotta rush :p

I'm working on making it both soloable and multiplayer-playable (huh?) by increasing damage and health of zombies, but i might focus on the multiplayer aspect more then :eek:
I might add difficulties, but different game modes will be later (I need to finish this one first :p) and then there will probably be difficulties in the next version.

Maybe increases the difficulty if there are more players? But still, I don't suggest single player, because people may cheat and all.

I'm not a very good triggerer and I work in GUI, so I'm searching a triggerer if possible, but it's hard to find :(

You can post anything you need help with, I'll try to help if I'm free :)

X-maul

Reaction score
Yeah. Just an opinion, because when I click the arrow keys, I usually forget I lose control of my marine. If you select the shop, you'll remember to select your unit again. And I don't really make myself remember which arrow key leads to which upgrades... After all, the zombies are already coming, gotta rush :p
good idea, i dont know why i havent thought of that - might add it in next version :)

Maybe increases the difficulty if there are more players? But still, I don't suggest single player, because people may cheat and all.
In the uploaded version there is difficulty increase for each player, but not tested very much though.

You can post anything you need help with, I'll try to help if I'm free :)
ok - I've posted a few threads already - ATM I'm working with making the Rocketboots ability un-useable on unpathable terrain

skyblader

Reaction score
For the rocketboots, I'd create regions where you're not supposed to target, and event begin unit begins casting an ability, check if the target point of ability is in those regions, if yes then order the unit to stop.

X-maul

Reaction score
For the rocketboots, I'd create regions where you're not supposed to target, and event begin unit begins casting an ability, check if the target point of ability is in those regions, if yes then order the unit to stop.

that would be too many regions as I dont want to make it possible to cast on pathing blockers or doodads

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Water: Not really good in a zombie land. Why would there be water in the middle of nowhere? Better yet in a military base?

skyblader

Reaction score
Seems like toxic waste to me. Toxic waste with maybe some stuff the military base was researching on and stuff and their water supply... Why not? :) Maybe can include broken pipe models.

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Toxic Waste, another different story :eek: Anyways should add a sewer pipe thing having it come out if you use it.

X-maul

Reaction score
have actually tried that :) using green waterfalls coming out of a pipe, i just need to remove the sfx effect.

X-maul

Reaction score
yes, when I got a model without the SFX model - have requested, but the one I asked couldnt do it /:

X-maul

Reaction score
Hi - yes have been a little away from this project lately - been doin a lot of school work... anyway

Spell Request:
Jetpack / Rocket Boots
Activates rocket boots and jumps to a targeted location. The spell will not be castable on unpathable terrain (that includes pathing blockers).

If the trigger moves the unit every 0.03 sec it should create special effect only every 3th time (to make it look more realistic).

I would like it to be in vJASS (JASS is okay though) and it needs to be MPI (MUI is prefered though).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.