<<<[ Icon Contest Thread ]>>>

S

saihttam

Aw I have absolutely no Idea how to create an Icon, plus my artistic ability doesn't quite match All the Icons I usually see.

L

lascha

Whitesock said:
Sign me up for the contest! And by the way, the GIMP is a little worse than photoshop, but 100% free. I made this avatar (avatar from June 25, 2006) using the GIMP, so sign up!

EDIT:

I must make you get third!

yay :D

Aw I have absolutely no Idea how to create an Icon, plus my artistic ability doesn't quite match All the Icons I usually see.

thought that too, even when making my first icon.. but the final result was cool o_O made 2nd icon already.. didnt draw this time, but also a nice one :D
EDIT: making icons is fun now ^_^ (making description n stuff isn't :D)

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Whitesock said:
Sign me up for the contest! And by the way, the GIMP is a little worse than photoshop, but 100% free. I made this avatar (avatar from June 25, 2006) using the GIMP, so sign up!

EDIT:
I must make you get third!

You're in.
Btw, I hate Gimp :D .
Btw again, thanks for supporting the contest.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Make an acount here, upload your images there and then use the IMG tags, when you make your post. BTW, don't forgot, don't post icons here!!! Post them in the Icon Section!!!

F%*k the brush! Photoshop is better! :p

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
Don't worry, I won't "forgot". :D

EDIT: I'm posting my skin and images of the unit! It's supposed to be an android zergling.

Zergling.jpg

skins.jpg

L

lascha

Hey smith, I've got another question (asked it on page 3 last post too, but I think you missed it :D)

the rules say that the icon must represent a spell.. may it also be a passive ability or an aura or something else.. as long as it's a hero ability?

edit:
If you think icons are fun, try skins. I could show you my first, if I knew how to show images.
tried skins, but I only used the brush, it was a small model anyway.. and the result was cool ^_^ I'll go back to skins after the icon contest ^^

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
the rules say that the icon must represent a spell.. may it also be a passive ability or an aura or something else.. as long as it's a hero ability?

The nature of the spell doesn't matters, but the icon pack must include the BTNs of the icons, regardless of the spell. The others are optional, as stated in the rules.

I'll go back to skins after the icon contest

Well, I'd like to be more than 3 contestants, so it'll be a real competition :D

stavious

Reaction score
I have an idea how you could get more people into this tournement:
Make a new thread for it (since this one got sort of messy, and is hard to understand if you didn't start reading it from the first day :p ). On this new thread post the reviewed and new clear rules for the competition. Also add an icon making tutorial (if you can), cause as you found out in this forum, there is more interest than ability here. Meaning some people would like to join, but can't. So a tutorial would help them try out this new thing, while they can actually compete and see how good they are. :D
If you do this more people would probably join (like me; cause I don't know how to make icons, but sounds interesting :) ). I think that would work.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
There is already an tutorial here. And I don't want to make a new thred, cuz, the rules are already posted in the first post. And, you don't have to read all the posts. What's the point?

Actually, you dont have to make passive, autocast and disabled versions of your icons. Just a regular one will do. (Doing the others too requires more time and work)

More time? More work? Wth are you talking about? It tooks me 30 seconds to make the passive and the disabled.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Well, I mean you just need to change/edit/erase the borders, but the main issue was making 5 icons (some said its too much already) not 5 x 4:)

L

lascha

Andrewgosu said:
Actually, you dont have to make passive, autocast and disabled versions of your icons. Just a regular one will do. (Doing the others too requires more time and work)

Oh.. in that case.. im done :p

except for the descriptions part :D

L

lascha

o_O thats fast, took me 2 hours for icon1 and icon2, icon3,4,5 = around 2 hours .. so in total 4 hours :p anyway, it was worth it, learned stuff about photoshop.. and.. uhh.. im gonna win :D

Edit: Would be really hard to make a tutorial, since the icon different all the time .. best is just to give some tips about "what you can do to make it look nicer".. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.