The Art of the Seth

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Since it seems like people like that one, I guess I can give a bit of advise/reveal the secret behind it:

Other then the nails, that's my hand. I sat in front of my mirror with an end table in front of me for a good hour and a half, at least, and held my hand in that position and sketched a bit of it. Then put my hand back in the position.

Incredibly painful cramps afterward, though -.-

-Ninja Edit-

By the way, Conan, I just found the actual sketch, and there's a lot more shading then you think. Again, just a bad scanner -.-

And for anyone who's wondering what "words" Malice is talking about, my scanner cut off the part that says:

Not everyone who plays with fire gets burned.

DM Cross

Reaction score
sqrage said:
cool you have a runic cape? :eek:

The HAND, child, the HAND! :p Not the sleeve.

Though, I do have a trench coat which people have called a "cape".

Uneducated bastards.

mems

Memory Lapse
Reaction score
i liked the heart better to try reflecting yourself with this style

good, keep working

DM Cross

Reaction score
Meaningful Meanings

I drew this as sort of a "celebration" of Jessica breaking up with me.

Which is now a complex topic, and it's all her fault.

Anyway, basically, I was showing that "love" is good and bad, dark and light, and all that dramatic contrasting stuff.

Most people think it's just "for the hell of it", but a lot of the things I sketch say something to me.

Idle Hands: Idle Hands showed the love I have for fire :D Along with my slightly destructive nature. "Not everyone who plays with fire gets burned" isn't arrogance, it's tolerance. Yes, you will get burned, but will you care in the morning?

Believe: Yes, this is a band logo for a CD, but a lot of pain is associated with this CD. Not just the singer's pain, but personal pain. The... Second? track is Liberate, Jon's favorite song, and I barely ever find the ability to listen to this anymore...

Balance: Like I said, I have a yin-yang fetish :D Most people know I believe in "eye for an eye", because it "balances the equation"... Anyone ever catch onto that, or are ya all blind? :D

Wings: Just a way of saying I wish I could "fly away" :D Always loved the idea of flying...

Gah, I hate the school keyboards... I'll type the rest up later :)

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
You also need to add more contrast to the line on Idle Hands, and make the runic sleeve more slanted so it doesn't look so much like a bracelet.

The lines aren't all the same depth and same thickness, which makes it look a bit scattered. If you darken those and fix the sleeve, it would be perfect, since all the proportions are near perfect and the fireball looks amazing.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Ok, not going for perfection, Con :) The lines can be a little scattered-looking, but I will state that this is the first time anyone ever said anything like that.

Just wanted some feedback on an idea.

Imagine an arm stretched out across the page with a needle in it. No no, it's not a drug reference, not exactly anyway. Rather, the person's trying to cram a CD into the needle, and thus, into his arm.

The words would read:

Hi, my name is Roy, and I'm a music addict...

Thoughts? Opinions? Spam?

And yes, people, I realize I come up with some truly fucked up material, please don't re-state that :)

Sargon

Reaction score
I like the idea.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Lol, I always get snapped in class drawing :p. Recently (and currently) being drawing a bit of Halo stuff (from the game, yes).

Thinking of making some comic strips of it... with each one of the Spartans being a Special Member... *Rubs hands together in an evil way* Yes, this will be extremly deliightful wont it preciouses...

And then i'll have some other retards that can be some loner Marines or something. Starting with MooMooMan, Grundy and maybe even Yamaha... Very interesting.

-Husky

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Are you sure those are from Priest? They look more like D.N.Angel to me. (The cover depicts the same thing as the second picture)

DM Cross

Reaction score
Yes, the second two are from Priest, the THIRD book. Either that, or the printing company sorta got messed up with the two books and made a Priest covered book of whatever you just named :D

New one, that I'm pretty proud of.

Ivan Issac... Nailed.

IMG Tags removed. Please check Post 1 for an archive list of all of my art, sketch, graphic and otherwise.

Sargon

Reaction score
the muscles are weeeeeeird.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Yeah, I managed to mess up a lot with the muscles, but that's because the form overall is a little off -.- Makes it harder to figure out what goes where... GRR!

Do ya LIKE it, ya weirdo? :D

Sargon

Reaction score
It's OK. Would be better if I didn't have to see your attempt at abs, though. :p

DM Cross

Reaction score
-.- SILENCE YE OF LITTLE FAITH, OR YOU'RE NEXT ON THE CROSS! -.-

Seriously, that's pretty much what they look like in the book. I'm off, yeah, but not by THAT much.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Nightmare:

Tilt your head slightly to the LEFT, and look BETWEEN the lines. There's a creepy smiley face there.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Yeah, I did that throughout school today. I'm a senior in High School.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.