The Art of the Seth

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
No, right-handed. Why, does it look left-handedly drawn?

And if it does, what's the difference? :p

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Well, most artists and writers tilt their papers to fit the way they draw or write, which is: TIlt it to the left if your right handed, tilt it to the right if your left handed, and Believe is slightly tilted to the right, which looks like you kwept the paper straight while you drew with your left hand.

DM Cross

Reaction score
I never noticed that, and I have a left handed teacher in printmaking who's an artist, or was (as his career) before the bastards laid him off.

Anyway, whatcha think of the picture? :D

the Lumpy

►►►
Reaction score
All those were pretty cool. I can't draw anything with lines that aren't straight or perfectly curved. I usually draw buildings, or my special kind of palm trees. They look like this:

Pyromancer

Reaction score
it looks kinda like your avitar, lol. are you taking an art class, alex? your amazing, you should turn them into icons, and put them in my competition.

DM Cross

Reaction score
You can try to use that new one if you want, if you can shrink it and make it clear.

I don't take art classes. I fail everytime -.-

DM Cross

Reaction score
I'm bad at coloring... That's why I don't :D I need to get the sketching part down first.

DM Cross

Reaction score
I could probably mix some fire into an Ivan Issac picture, sure.

I didn't sketch today, and it was hell -.- IT WAS AN OMEN, I SWEAR IT!

Ack, I'll have to do the Pyromancer another time :D I started on a sketch today from Priest, again (God, I love these books! :D) It's a church with Ivan in the center of a bunch of zombies... Ack... You'll see, dammit! :D OOH, you'll seeeeee! *Cough* ... (Anti-climatic moment...)

IMG Tags removed. Please check Post 1 for an archive list of all of my art, sketch, graphic and otherwise.

DM Cross

Reaction score
IMG Tags removed. Please check Post 1 for an archive list of all of my art, sketch, graphic and otherwise.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
ARe you kidding? I can tell you what I do with all my class periods

1. English: The teacher is good, so I actually pay attention
2. Music theory: Its too awesome to skip, and I'm goin to be a music major
3. Religion: sleep, do other homework (physics), plan out heros.
4. Physics: AHH!! Best teacher ever.
5. Gym/Study
6. LUNCH!! I tested out of lunch :p
7. Eco: More hero planning, but I still pay attention
8. Math: like eco
9. Band: Pointless. It's usually a study hall anyways.

EDIT

Good art, Alexander. A little too goth, though.

DM Cross

Reaction score
SD_Ryoko said:
I see notebook paper.

You wouldn't be doing these in school would you.... while your supposed to be.... learning!?

Sometimes yes. Most of it, though, starts in Lunch, and then I finish it in Math 3. I'm not even supposed to be in that class, but I failed Algebra 1 when I was a Freshman. Hence me needing to take a Math class in my senior year... So most of the time, it's going over things I've known since I was like... 10 or whatever, so I don't need to pay a lot of attention. Then I have Health (which will become Gym in two Mondays, after the break :p) and I typically touch it up there, and I'm done.

Most of the notebook work was done while I was working on Karma and Effect, because it was my first really good masterpeice :cool: (Still one of my favorites, too, I wish my scanner picked it up better for you guys -.-)

So, in short, after my rambling :D Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Then again, I only have 3 "real classes" all day... :D

Pheonix, most of it is Fan Art from Priest, Hellsing, or Re-Birth...

BLAME THE MANGA! :D

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Lord_Phoenix said:
6. LUNCH!! I tested out of lunch :p

OKAY... Can anyone here tell me, just how you test out of ......LUNCH? I'm so smart, I don't have to take lunch.

Your not alone alex. I just drew on desks instead of paper.

In fact, in history, I had a whole comic. the Psycho King. He had crazy hair, a straight jacket, and always screaming.

Psycho King goes to hell was the most notorious episode.

Then other people joined in. Someone added to it, named 'Clan Man'. Some KKK character vs Psycho King, in hell.

It was messy, and hillarious.

Then one day, about 40 people drew shit on the story. And the history teacher made me publicly clean the desk. I think he secretly found it funny though. I bet he read it all :D

I remember one chick wrote "Your satan drawings make me so wet"

It was such a good laugh.

3 years later, I found out 'Clan Man' was a close friend of mine. And we never realized who we were on the desk :D

PS: This was all in private catholic school - woohoo!

I was actually very good at misc demons, dragons, and such.

I always used a technique from a book. 'Learn to draw comics the Marvel way'.

The sketch method. Very lightly sketch an outline of your idea. Then make darker lines to 'correct' and define the shapes.

As the shape becomes more correct, make the lines darker and darker, until its perfect.

Your left with a sweet looking, defined picture, with lots of sketch lines all over. But interesting nonetheless.

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
Pretty cool. I like the top one. That guy looks like he could be a character on heat guy J or ghost in the shell

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
First one needs a bit of work on the head, but the body kicks ass.

Second one is pretty good, I like the face, and can see why it's supposed to look a bit crazy. Nice perspective.

Third one's my favorite. Proportions are good and looks like it took a while. Only thing that gets me about it is why is the great Alexanderian one drawing smiling cat girls?

DM Cross

Reaction score
First one needs a bit of work on the head, but the body kicks ass.

What about the head?

And thanks, the body took a lot of work (especially to make it proportional to the head, which is my biggest problem, me thinks...)

Second one is pretty good, I like the face, and can see why it's supposed to look a bit crazy. Nice perspective.

Thanks, the picture I was looking at had a LOT more detail in the flames, so I tried to do something to make up for it... And yeah... He's a little crazy :cool:

Third one's my favorite. Proportions are good and looks like it took a while. Only thing that gets me about it is why is the great Alexanderian one drawing smiling cat girls?

Smiling cat girls?

Out of those three words, only one is right: Smiling.

Yes, that's NOT a cat. It's a werewolf.

No, it's actually NOT a girl. It's a guy. He's just a young kid, or maybe the way I drew him made him a bit more feminine... But he's supposed to be a male, young Nazi officer in some crazy general's army, in Hellsing... So... Yeah :cool:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.