The Art of the Seth

Sargon

Reaction score
It still looks like a smiling catgirl.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Ack... Whatever -.-

My latest one is (unfinished) pretty damn cool. It's one of my very own design, and those typically suck, but this one is coming out fairly good. It's a falling angel. That's all ya get to know :)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Nice art, but I do have something to say about proportions as well.

From art class and my tremendously skilled friend (I wish I had a picture or two to show you, he's a true artist), I know how you solve proportion. Instead of drawing people from scratch (which is what I usually do as a not-very-good sketch-artist), you need to draw circles in select places to start out and then when actually making the true sketch the boundaries of the person are tangent to the circles you've drawn. If you do it right, you can not only make the coolest looking faces ever, but you can make cool gestures too. It's how my older sister (when she was younger) drew horses and got the proportions amazingly correct.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
SD_Ryoko said:
Your not alone alex. I just drew on desks instead of paper.

Rofl, I did the same thing. But instead of comics, I drew football plays. Had plays on quite a few of the desks before the bug-up-her-ass teacher found out it was me. T_T

SD_Ryoko said:
I remember one chick wrote "Your satan drawings make me so wet"

Probably some nasty goth chick looking for penis or just fucking with your head. LOL

DM Cross

Reaction score
Depends, we've asked that about your face, care to enlighten us on that one?

Pardon me for not being the best at human anatomy and asking for CONSTRUCTIVE critism -.-

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
To be a tad bit more descriptive on conan's point...you don't round the ends of the chest off of the body of the dude...it just doesn't look right. Not like an arse (conan is so crazy...that has to be about the first thing he says about everything), but like something weird and unhumanoid-like.

So, rather, you draw the ends of it straight down with the rest of the body or around the shoulder (as that is how it looks in real life, not around the back but around the clavicles). Other than that, great job. The wings look fantastic.

DM Cross

Reaction score
To be a tad bit more descriptive on conan's point...you don't round the ends of the chest off of the body of the dude...it just doesn't look right. Not like an arse (conan is so crazy...that has to be about the first thing he says about everything), but like something weird and unhumanoid-like.

So you're suggesting that Conan is obsessed with talking about ass?

Ryoko -.- WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT PUTTING YOUR D.N.A. IN OTHER PEOPLE'S FOOD?!

It's like the beginning of a horror movie... A world of Ryoko's. Ladies locked in the closet and whatnot...

So, rather, you draw the ends of it straight down with the rest of the body or around the shoulder (as that is how it looks in real life, not around the back but around the clavicles). Other than that, great job. The wings look fantastic.

Uh, that's... Easier to talk about and type up then visualize... Care to supply an example of that?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Alexander said:
So you're suggesting that Conan is obsessed with talking about ass?

Ryoko -.- WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT PUTTING YOUR D.N.A. IN OTHER PEOPLE'S FOOD?!

It's like the beginning of a horror movie... A world of Ryoko's. Ladies locked in the closet and whatnot...

Uh, that's... Easier to talk about and type up then visualize... Care to supply an example of that?

ROFL! But yes, that's exactly what I mean >_>

I'd much rather talk about a beautiful person's facial attributes then about her...posterior? :p

Anyway...back on topic.

Let me see. I'm sure I have one here somewhere :D

Well, for the lack of a hard-core example, look at some of the Orc skins by Blizzard artists. Now you'll notice they KIND of look like they're going off the front in front of the back, but it's a fact of human anatomy that that wraps around the human's arms and shoulder instead of sticking directly out, like your drawing points out. Rather, it kind of stretches towards the clavicle before ending.

(Sorry if you can't see the second image very well...it's my shoddy quick attempt to try to point out where the chest turns into the shoulder arm)

Attachments

• Hellscream.jpg
    Hellscream.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 270
  • HellscreamPortions.jpg
    HellscreamPortions.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 267

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Depends, we've asked that about your face, care to enlighten us on that one?

Pardon me for not being the best at human anatomy and asking for CONSTRUCTIVE critism -.-

ROFL OMG, that litterally had me rolling on the ground laugfhing, ROFL.

About the picture above me, though.

I like the concept, but it just doesn't look right. I can't put my finger on it, but it doesn't really look like the angel is coming out of the dude. It looks like he's eating him.

The n ipples on the bottom dude need to be a bit more erect or more defined, since he is excited seeing as he's spewing an angel out of his mouth.

The angel's head tilts to far to the right, and is properly aligned.

To be honest, the angel looks like he's doing the oogie boogie dance. THose hands should really be opened and pointed upwards.

The man on the bottom also needs to be tilted slightly back more to show the pressure of forcing an angel out of his body, and the perciever should be able to see the strain.
So, to conclude, I like the concept, but the skewed lines and oogie boogie dancin' angel just don't make it look like it should. It's still very good though.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Now THAT is how it's supposed to be like Alexander :)

But...the top angel's head is a tad too small. Other than that, perfect.

DM Cross

Reaction score
ROFL OMG, that litterally had me rolling on the ground laugfhing, ROFL.

It's what I do :cool:

I like the concept, but it just doesn't look right. I can't put my finger on it, but it doesn't really look like the angel is coming out of the dude. It looks like he's eating him.

Heh, you know, everyone seemed to assume it was the angel coming out of the guy. No one has YET to ask me what it was SUPPOSED to be like...

Then again, they're all right, so hey, whatever :D

The nipples on the bottom dude need to be a bit more erect or more defined, since he is excited seeing as he's spewing an angel out of his mouth.

... That can be taken so... SO wrongly...

Anyway, I didn't even do the nipples on either guy. Don't ask why. Just didn't enter my mind.

The angel's head tilts to far to the right, and is properly aligned.

So, it's too tilted, yet aligned right...?

Eh?

To be honest, the angel looks like he's doing the oogie boogie dance. THose hands should really be opened and pointed upwards.

Ok, here's where this idea comes from. There's a song from Godsmack called "I Stand Alone", where during the break down, one line is "Breath into me". The Angel is getting strength from the mortal man's breath, the man isn't actually breathing him out of himself. The closed fist was supposed to seem like he was flexing, or something, I guess. Showing off the new power. Whatever.

The man on the bottom also needs to be tilted slightly back more to show the pressure of forcing an angel out of his body, and the perciever should be able to see the strain.

That I'll agree with, yeah. I'm still not good with humans and anatomy. My teacher/mentor McAlick had to help me with this one, to begin with.

So, to conclude, I like the concept, but the skewed lines and oogie boogie dancin' angel just don't make it look like it should. It's still very good though.

Thanks. See, now THAT was some sweet C O N S T R U C T I V E critism! ;)

But...the top angel's head is a tad too small. Other than that, perfect.

Bah! I always have a problem with making the heads too damn small! I'm going to start going lighter at first and then resizing everything at the end, and darkening it...

Heh, Rinny, I bet you like the angels I've been doing lately ;) ;)

I told my mom this yesterday... My art is turning Christian on me -.-

DM Cross

Reaction score
So far, it's only one page things... So for now, just one page things, until I can plan out a comic STRIP... Which shall be funnier :D

DM Cross

Reaction score
Assignment for Printmaking. Most of the shit in class is broken, but we still need grades, so occasionally, he makes us sketch/draw.

The drawing/sketch had to include: A bunny, a zombie, and a fork.

I stuffed it ALLL into one :)

Heh, the latest one was Santa, a shark, and an object from the room.

So, Santa was defending his sack of toys against a shark with boxing gloves, using a stapler to shoot staples at the beast from the sea, while shouting "Come on, you son of a shellfish! Just try to touch my sack!"

... Hmm.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Actually, it was supposed to be a fork, but I did draw it really weird. But you're right about the entire "sticking out of the brain" part.

I had to stick it somewhere :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.