2 different spells -> same cooldown?

MP®

Reaction score
Is it possible to make spell A to be cooled down when spell B is cast? To prevent that you can cast them immediately after eachother?

Also: is it possible to make the attack-cooldown time of a unit to trigger after a specific spell?

So, is it possible to manually adjust the cooldown of spells and attacks?

dudeim

Reaction score
Simple awnser: Not possible
Complicated awnser: Well cooldown manipulation is possible though you have to trigger alot, if you're lucky there might be a cooldown system around. So I suggested you go look for that.

Bankde

Reaction score
For spell (Very risky and work by chance): Having same Order ID (Work like a hell, not recommend)
For attack: Remove attack ability (Not sure how to do but someone can do that) later give it back.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
i believe there is a cooldown group field in the object editor for abilities, where you can set different abilities to one cooldown

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Nah. That's only for items, literally. Abilities do not have shared cooldown option.

I believe most of the posts here already have the answer. It's not possible, again, literally.
Workaround would be upgrades. If both share the same upgrade (upgrade being a dummy unit), remove the upgrade, and the spells won't be able to be casted.

Won't have the cooldown animation though, a drawback.

There might have other workarounds, but I believe it's not worth venturing into if it's for a minor purpose for a specific unit.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
Well if you just want to limit how soon the spells can be cast after each other you could do a few other things.

Option 1 - You could disable/enable the ability not being cast for owning player, this normally affects cooldown but in this cast there would be no cooldown that is being reset

Option 2 - You could remove/add the ability not being cast for trigger unit but this would affect the spell level, if it were only 1 level then not a problem ele you would need to save the level before removing and set it back to that level after adding it again.

Option 3 - You can trigger it so that when the 1 spell is cast a boolean is set to true and after a timer ends(cooldown duration) it is set to false. In the same trigger you would have the condition that checks if the boolean is true/false and if true do actions, if false order unit to stop and display text or floating text stating the cast cannot happen yet

but ja, I'm just spit balling here :)

MP®

Reaction score
correct, if you remove the ability attack is re-enabled
Read Laiev's post and answer him
Ok thanks
I'm sorry forgot to reply: but i cant do jass :( and i prefer not a whole system, but just a way to make spell B 'wait' untill spell A is charged again

MP®

Reaction score
Workaround would be upgrades. If both share the same upgrade (upgrade being a dummy unit), remove the upgrade, and the spells won't be able to be casted.

Won't have the cooldown animation though, a drawback.
Yea i was also thinking about that, but i hoped that someone knew a better way, with cooldown animation etc

MP®

Reaction score
Well if you just want to limit how soon the spells can be cast after each other you could do a few other things.

Option 1 - You could disable/enable the ability not being cast for owning player, this normally affects cooldown but in this cast there would be no cooldown that is being reset

Option 2 - You could remove/add the ability not being cast for trigger unit but this would affect the spell level, if it were only 1 level then not a problem ele you would need to save the level before removing and set it back to that level after adding it again.

Option 3 - You can trigger it so that when the 1 spell is cast a boolean is set to true and after a timer ends(cooldown duration) it is set to false. In the same trigger you would have the condition that checks if the boolean is true/false and if true do actions, if false order unit to stop and display text or floating text stating the cast cannot happen yet

but ja, I'm just spit balling here :)
Hmm well I think i'll just do the upgrade-thingey then. Thanks all!

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
you could replace the second cooldown ability with a dummy ability with no cast time and no effects and the same cooldown and cast it just after the other is finished, it would look just like you have the same ability but it would run the cooldown :D

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.