(2010) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I

[YOUTUBE]SuYTztUNWIs&feature=sub[/YOUTUBE]

Trailer 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS78aO5sx18&playnext_from=TL&videos=GPtsk0sLeIQ&feature=sub
Trailer 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv_Aym8gW2Q
Trailer 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuYTztUNWIs&feature=sub

Release Date: November 19, 2010
Genre: Fantasy Adventure
Cast: Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Ralph Fiennes, Bill Nighy, John Hurt,
Rhys Ifans, Helena Bonham Carter, Robbie Coltrane, Imelda Staunton, Jason Isaacs,
Miranda Richardson, Warwick Davis, Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, Brendan Gleeson,
Ciarán Hinds, Timothy Spall, David Thewlis, Julie Walters, Tom Felton, Bonnie Wright,
Jamie Campbell Bower, Richard Griffiths, Matthew Lewis, Evanna Lynch, Fiona Shaw,
Helen McCrory, David O'Hara, Natalia Tena
Director: David Yates
Writers: Steve Kloves
Studio: Warner Brothers

Plot:
The final chapter of the Harry Potter film series begins as Harry, Ron and Hermione leave Hogwarts behind and set out to find and destroy the Horcruxes—the secret to Voldemort's power and immortality.​

--- --- ---

woah big cast list.
The start of the end is here. Besides the first two, I think the past Harry Potter movies were ups and downs (the previous two were really down), but this actually looks epic. Like they might have real "fight" scenes.
I shall be seeing this I think.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
As a shameless Potter geek, I'm really looking forward to this. The cast list is a sort of "best-of-British" and the trailer looked epic.
I don't really see why the last two films got relatively poor receptions, because they were still very good films to me.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
As a shameless Potter geek, I'm really looking forward to this. The cast list is a sort of "best-of-British" and the trailer looked epic.
I don't really see why the last two films got relatively poor receptions, because they were still very good films to me.

They were boring I guess, at least compared to the first ones. Didn't really have the "magic", and it didn't live up to the book. The action wasn't even like the action, and, eh.
But hopefully, this one will be good again, :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
They were boring I guess, at least compared to the first ones. Didn't really have the "magic", and it didn't live up to the book. The action wasn't even like the action, and, eh.
But hopefully, this one will be good again, :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Boring?! The last one was great! I'm looking forward to this one.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The trailer looks awesome. It's a nuisance that it's going to be in two parts though. :p

> Another 3D movie.
If you dislike 3D, I'm sure it'll be released in 2D too.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
You don't have to watch a movie in 3-D... every movie is in 2-D, 3-D/IMAX is just an option. :)
I always just watch 2-D since 3-D doesn't work on my eyes for some reason.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
The trailer looks awesome. It's a nuisance that it's going to be in two parts though. :p

> Another 3D movie.
If you dislike 3D, I'm sure it'll be released in 2D too.

Oh, I'm sure there will be a 2D version.
I just dislike the fact that every other movie coming out is in 3D.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Oh, I'm sure there will be a 2D version.
I just dislike the fact that every other movie coming out is in 3D.

Taking advantage of new technology is not something to cry out against. I suppose.

Danny Cross

Bunny
Reaction score
Looking forward to this...not too happy about them splitting it but I guess they would rather do that then make 1 really crappy movie....

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
ive been waiting for this for a lifetime.. cant believe its coming to an end now... it better be epic otherwise...

hopefully they wont cut out like the major battle scene like in the last movie..

thewrongvine

Reaction score
[YOUTUBE]qZSYvlZHB04&feature=sub[/YOUTUBE]

About one more month.
I might actually see this I think.
Never seen a Harry Potter in theaters before (though I have the DVDs, ha).

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
is that the whole cast, or all of the main ones, i could understand if its everyone but if every one of those people have a storyline. dang, if they are trying to imitate the end of the book. dang.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Seeing it tomorrow!
I expect 1/3 of my school to be absent tomorrow. Another 1/3 will be dressed up for Pottermania Day.
lol

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I'm seeing it tonight for my brother's girlfriend's birthday thingamajig. Dressing up is mandatory :D
I'll be going as Ron, mainly because I look (and behave) very much like him. Hell, I don't even have to wear anything different as most of his wardrobe is similiar to mine.
I expect 1/3 of my school to be absent tomorrow.
Well, as it's a Saturday, I'd expect most of them to be absent (unless you go in on weekends?) :p

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm still not quite getting where you're coming from with the timezone translation here :p

Anyway, I would really recommend this one. It's easily the best since The Goblet of Fire and has a lot of good scenes. It sticks quite close to the book too, with only one or two minor deviations. In fact, if you haven't read the book, you might feel a little lost in places as there are moments which seemingly go unexplained. This is also by far the darkest one yet,
with one scene where Bellatrix tortures Hermione which quite hit me more than I was ready for. It resists showing any detailed injury infliction, but it does show the word "Mudblood" carved bloodily into Hermione's arm.

The acting from all sides is also the best yet. The three leads display their emotions a lot better than any of the previous ones, which for this film is quite necessary. It also has a fair balance of humour with some genuinely funny lines.
It's not faultless though; some scenes felt like they needed to be prolonged (even if it meant taking it upto 2 hours 40 minutes) to increase the tension. The ending came at a suitable stopping point, but it just left me wanting more (I guess that was the point :rolleyes:).

So, in short, go see this. It's well worth it.

Oh and when they release this on DVD, I hope they release it uncut as well. It's clear when watching that quite a bit of violence was cut to reach the targeted 12A certificate so that younger audiences could watch.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
watched last week and i jizzed on the screen :O

no doubt the best movie out of the series for me, they really stuck to the book this time and i felt like i was watching a Harry Potter movie instead of some adaption to it.

i like how they used part 1 to give the necessary detail for part 2, and at the same time have action + humour.
especially love how they animated the tales of the three brother.
the movie is almost what i imagined it to be from reading the books :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.