300 Spartans

S

sniperz

yea i sounded like politicians XD hey good luck in mapmaking ;P

its kind of fun XD! yea i'll dl ur latest version =)~ keep moving! :p

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
hey there, just downloaded your newest version and ran a quick test.

I know you're workin on those abilities, so enough said about that

AWESOME CINEMATIC!!!!!!!!
using the actual sounds from the movie..... amazing
My one problem is that the sound kept cutting in and out. It might just be my computer, but if it is a global problem, it is one that should be fixed, because it really is an awesome cinematic (just hope you don't get into copyrighting trouble)

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
cinematic is awesome

you should include thespians, but remove them once [forgot his name] betrays the spartans. that way it would get progressively harder for the spartans and easier for the persians, sortof making it down to the wire. I didnt check, but i think that all spartans should have the passive ability of like a 50% chance to 'knock down' a unit using their sheild (basically stun a unit) this would be upgradeable for all heros.

N

NightStalker

Model/Ability Idea

I would agree with IceWarrior98, the brace ability does seem very good, and so does the shielding, but I would make one exception...

When you create the Custom Models for the spartans i would create 2 models for every character, one wielding a sword and one with a spear. The custom ability would be innate and would allow the spartans switch between their swords and spears gaining a blocking power and increased range with decreased attack speed and movement speed with their spear, and sightly decreased armor, increaded attack and movespeed when they draw their sword.

To compensate for these innate abilities i would suggest that you not put in the bracing ability... for balance... choose one or the other.

N

NightStalker

Custom Abilities

I realize I am double posting but I had just skimmed back through previous posts and I had suggestions on the heroes abilities.

Leonidas:
Spear/sword innate ability
1.Spear toss that increases with each level and impales.(possible use of stormhammer effect and visual)
2.Comat Proficiency for critical strike and dodge
3.War Cry with a quote from the movie boosts power for allies
Ultimate-some form of Avatar with increased attack speed/damage etc.

The other heroes should have abilities similar to these, but swapping out the war cry and the ultimates, Give Astinos a leap attack that thrusts his spear into the enemy, Dilios a shield smash attack that stuns and pushes back, and maybe Stelios a rage that makes him fight for his dead son. Any one of these would make the game seem more real.

But the thing that would affect the game the most would be the custom units. You should find someone to make some very good models that include the concept in my previous post. I found that the program most of them use is called D Max with creates animations and bones and you can add skins.

One last thing... Before any combat goes on, you should make the general who comes to talk to the Spartans spawn and get killed (have him say "A Thousand nations of the Persian Empire descend upon you, our arrows will blot out the sun!" etc.)and also have a kodo beast or something spawn like the rhino from the movie and not it have available for the Persian players.

Good luck man this is a really cool map... I just hope my suggestions will help you do the movie justice.:cool:

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
I don't kno if this has been said or not already but could you possibly post a non-protected version of the game? Every time I try to open it it tells me I can't because the triggers and crap are missing or invalid. I wanna take a look at howyou do some things on there. So if you don't mind :D

W

Wrath.7Sins

i don't know if this is a good idea or not or if it was already decussed but i didn't read all of the forum but for the spartans in stead of the archers maybe you can give them the ability to throw spears maybe they don't need to be great on damage but stunning would be a big help to the sucess of the spartan victory, thanks for making the map though

W

Wrath.7Sins

Brain Spark

i have an idea may not be very good but it might do after reading more of the posts, add the one people who went with the spartans (sorry i forgot their names >.<) and give all the spartans control over them but when it changes to day 3 have them and 1 random spartan (not any heros that would suck lol) leave so it better shows the movie. Hope it helps waiting to test the new version and already waiting for the next version release.

Demonwrath

Reaction score
Those 'guys' that went with the Spartans would be the Acadians. And I was thinking the exact same thing. I mean if you think about it there were at least 200 or so of them so why not add them in until, as psoted above, the last day where you pause the game, and show a little cinematic? I think that would be freakign awesome XD Oh and how about trying to put soem custom skins on your map to maek it that much more special?

J

josephiron

Ok guys, you know lately i ve started to work on version 1.2.

I would add, custom abilities, Rain of arrows, Shield Toss, Jump, Leonidas' Blood lust (we dine in hell).

I would add thespians, and they would leave before the day three.

And i would add some balance improvements ... and more ...

... but why ?

I am so upset because people stole my map, make some changes and publishes it by using their names. I did a lot of work for making this map fun, it is very sad that someone comes and steals it. :mad:

What sould i do ? End the project or keep going like nothing happened ???

Because i am totaly dispirited ... :(

ps: u know my map was projected. :banghead:

N

NightStalker

Those 'guys' that went with the Spartans would be the Acadians. And I was thinking the exact same thing.QUOTE]

good observation, but the Acadians were charged with protecting the path that the Spartan traitor released to the persians. And one the Persians started to march on it they fled to guard their own city.

Also i think 1.2 will be a great improvement:) I hope you will put me in the credits for my ideas Josephiron:p GLHF:cool:

Demonwrath

Reaction score
Ok guys, you know lately i ve started to work on version 1.2.

I would add, custom abilities, Rain of arrows, Shield Toss, Jump, Leonidas' Blood lust (we dine in hell).

I would add thespians, and they would leave before the day three.

And i would add some balance improvements ... and more ...

... but why ?

I am so upset because people stole my map, make some changes and publishes it by using their names. I did a lot of work for making this map fun, it is very sad that someone comes and steals it. :mad:

What sould i do ? End the project or keep going like nothing happened ???

Because i am totaly dispirited ... :(

ps: u know my map was projected. :banghead:

I wouldn't worry about it. I mean so what if someone stole your map? Everyone here knows YOU are the original creator. and besides, all you have to do is make a better one ;) :p

W

Wrath.7Sins

Grrr!!

Those jerks!! :mad: ummm... but please don't quit fixing and improving on your map it is a grrrrrreat* map we would be sad :( if someone took over your map and made it sh!tty Well hope you still make the map

Wrath

*copyrighted by tony the tiger

W

Wrath.7Sins

Idea?

another improvement is at the end of each day add a cinematic during which you can make curtain units available and maybe make a magic type one, and for the items on the ground you can make a supply building or a thespian where you can go and get items off him but when they leave you can lose your supply thing in which helping the persians and maybe giving the persians some item supply house or person PLEASE CONTINUE TO MAKE THIS MAP BETTER!!!

Wrath

N

NightStalker

*cough* Xerxes *cough*
Yes that bothered me some. 1 other thing... in the load page yu said the persians were outnumbered... i hope you can fic that too :) just a tiny mod:)

I think that it would be good if you protected your maps and continued to make it better... and i would like clarification if you will add my suggestions abou the abilities as to which you will keep and which to toss... also weather or not my double model idea was good enough to use :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.