50/50 chance to kill caster, or kill enemies.

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
I'm trying to make an ability that gives a 50/50 chance to kill the caster instantly 3 seconds after the spell is cast, or instantly kill enemies in a 650/1300/1950 area of effect (the spell has 3 level). How would I accomplish this? Explain solutions in detail please.

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
After casting the spell, you do an if/then/else statement. The condition is an integer comparison, checking if Math - Random Number between 1 and 2 is equal to 1.

If it's equal to 1, then create a countdown timer that expires in 3 seconds, and in a second trigger, when the countdown expires (Event: Timer expires), kill the caster. Save the caster to a unit variable upon casting.

Else, pick every unit in a (650 x (Level of Ability Being Cast for Triggering Unit)) radius around the caster and:
Unit - set life if Picked Unit to 1
Unit - cause Triggering Unit to deal 999999 damage to Picked Unit of weapon type Chaos and damage type Acid.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Code:
Junk
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Animate Dead
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Random integer number between 1 and 2) Equal to 1
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)
            Else - Actions
                Wait 3.00 game-time seconds
                Set temppoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
                Set tempgroup = (Units within (650.00 x (Real((Level of Animate Dead for (Triggering unit))))) of temppoint matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Not equal to (Owner of (Triggering unit))))
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in tempgroup and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Unit - Kill (Picked unit)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_temppoint)
                Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_tempgroup)

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
I'm stuck here:

Code:
Set TempGroup2 = (Units within (650.00 x (Real((Level of Rapture  for (Triggering unit))))) of TempPoint3)

I can't find where to go from there, where would I find the rest?

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I'm stuck here:

Code:
Set TempGroup2 = (Units within (650.00 x (Real((Level of Rapture  for (Triggering unit))))) of TempPoint3)

I can't find where to go from there, where would I find the rest?

You picked "Units in Range". You should have picked "Units in Range, matching".

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
Ah, found it.

The trigger works great :thup: +rep

Theres a problem though. In this game, when you kill units, theres a bounty you get. When units are killed by this spell, no bounty is given. How do I solve this?

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
You gotta damage them to get credit, so you could set their HP to 1, then deal 1000 chaos damage to them with the Damage Target function.

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
Ah, I did:

Code:
Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 1000000000.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Acid

Works like a dream. + rep guys, I thought this request would be much more complicated.

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
MUI means that if multiple units cast it at the same time, there will be no problems.

Doesn't matter if you only have 1 hero that has that skill.

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
Well, its an AR game, so theres a very remote chance that 2 or more of the same hero will be running around, but the chance of them casting the same 3 second long spell at the same spell is astronomically remote. Should I be worried?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.