6 Races in WC3?

M

MCV

I read on Infoceptor just now that WC3 originally had 6 races to pick between. I know that the Burning Legion was the fifth (The 4th actually), but what was the 6th?

V

VG Emblem

Most likely Naga. They have their own category in the World Editor, too...

M

MCV

Very unlikely, as the Dranei and the Nagas were not introduced until TFT, with no references before that.

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
there is 7 or 8 (I think!) (drainei is undead), human, orc, undead, night elf, neutral, neutral passive, neutral hostile, neutral naga. I just looked and the neutrals might not be a race

O

OrochiSpike

Nerubians like the last guy said. That or maybe at one point Tauren were their own army. I remember from the old Warcraft 3 promotional poster that there where creatures standing behind the humans with pointy ears and spears. Perhaps they are the answer?

A

Atreides

nerubians seems like a decent guess, or maybe high elves or burning legion...but I guess blizzard decided that those races would be too similar/not diverse enough compared to the 4 races they chose

Zackreaver

Reaction score
Probably a mistake

The fifth one was indeed probably going to be the burning legion, maybe infocepter made a mistake, and counted the "Random" selection as one of the races, I don't know im just throwing it out, after all high elves were kinda just a remade humans, I just came up with this because if burning legion was a playable race, you'd be able to have 6 selections in choosing your race
Human
Undead
Orc
Night elf
Burning Legion
Random

But oh well, who's to say. Anyway theres already hundreds of warcraft 3 custom maps that let you play as additional races, they are all unbalanced, but its still pretty interesting to look at.

Edit: Oh I just had a thought, what if the 6th race was going to be a race of creeps, maybe, just maybe, before making heroes they were going to make a race of united creeps.... Naw maybe not, I'm just kind of thinking of that monolith game that came with TFT, oh well just sharing my thoughts.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
(drainei is undead)

Wrong. The undead came AFTER the Draenei. Long before the Orcs even came to the land of Azeroth where Humans lived, they lived in their own world, now known as Outland. They were a noble yet savage race until Demons corrupted them. Then, the Orcs became ruthless and began to butcher the peaceful Draenei, who eventually fought back. After the Orcs leave and the planet gets imploded, it becomes known as Outland. Draenei survive but a Pitlord begins to rule over the land, away from the Legion. Finally, Illidan leads the Blood Elves and Naga back to Outland, hoping to hide there from the Legion because he's failed them. They team up with the Draenei and kill the Pit Lord, taking the land under their control.

Very different from the Undead ^.^ I know my stuff ;)

The Naga are also different from any other race, though they (like Night Elves, High Elves and Blood Elves) ascended from the original people of Azeroth, before it was Azeroth. I believe they were called the Kaldeorei? Something like that.

risen_jihad

Reaction score
The naga actually WERE the night elves, before they began tapping into the magic of the world tree which ultimately corrupted them, twisting them into the creatures that they are. The lead naga, queen ashara *spelling?* Was the queen of the night elves before the burning legion even landed in azeroth, and she helped him get a foothold into azeroth/kalimdor by opening a portal by tapping into the magicks of the world tree, and then she and her closest followers were banished from their homeland.

While they have unique units, they descend from night elves, before splitting off and mutating into a new race, ish.

DM Cross

Reaction score
The naga actually WERE the night elves, before they began tapping into the magic of the world tree which ultimately corrupted them, twisting them into the creatures that they are. The lead naga, queen ashara *spelling?* Was the queen of the night elves before the burning legion even landed in azeroth, and she helped him get a foothold into azeroth/kalimdor by opening a portal by tapping into the magicks of the world tree, and then she and her closest followers were banished from their homeland.

While they have unique units, they descend from night elves, before splitting off and mutating into a new race, ish.

Not quite. The Naga never came from Night Elves. Both Naga, High Elves and Night Elves came from the Kaldorei, which weren't really "Night Elves". They were BEFORE the Night Elves. And Humans. And most... Everything else, except for Dragons. Dragons were before everything.

Trust me ^.^ I know my Warcraft History.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
In fact, the Dragon Aspects were before everything jsut in the Azeroth world. The Titans were before everything in the Great Void. :p

DM Cross

Reaction score
I wasn't aware we were talking on a universal stretch, here. I meant solely Azeroth.

And actually, the Old Gods were before the Dragons I THINK... Might be wrong on that.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I do remember there was an April Fool's joke about the Pandarean race. Maybe it was that race.

What date was the "article" written/last updated?

And it was first the Old Gods, the Titans. Then the titans made the dragons. Then Sargeras turned evil and yeah you know the rest...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.